It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9.5 Honshu Quake in the coming hours? (amazing indications)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Dr. Boylan has had a prediction for at least 1 1/2 months now of a 9.5 Megaquake that is supposed to happen off the coast of Honshu, Japan. Looking at the Iris.edu website, it's amazing to see the earthquakes that have occurred in the area just in the last 24 hours, including the one just minutes ago of 6.2.

www.drboylan.com...
www.iris.edu...

I believe this needs attention as it seems that this quake may yet still happen.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by moralcompass

This is a forenotice advisement about the upcoming 9.5 Mega-Quake to strike Japan this weekend, most likely near midnight Sunday night, 7/24-25 (Japan time). (For those in the U.S., this will be Sunday morning (@ 8 am PDT/11 am EDT), and in London, @ 4 pm Sunday afternoon/15:00 hrs., GMT/UTC).

It should of already happened?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

O.K. it is now 21:24GMT, July 24 2011 and still no earthquake....., guess I won't pay any more attention to this topic

edit on 24/7/2011 by Hellhound604 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24/7/2011 by Hellhound604 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
So, basically we're 3 posts in, and it's all ready BS? Solid.

That's fast.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
At our current level of technology and understanding of geophysics, we have no reliable method of predicting the exact date of earthquakes, and most systems appear to be flukes since they inevitably fail rather quickly.

General estimates in context of the geological record seem far safer bets. Of course, the geological record is pretty vague and we are talking about grand timescales of thousands to millions of years.

And also, if someone thinks they can predict a quake so accurately, wouldn't it be cool of them to also tell us what methodology they used and how exactly they calculated it? So we can use this to save millions of lives by avoiding future big ones?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
What's funny about the idiots who clog up this site is that if this quake hits tomorrow and it is a 9.0 instead of a 9.1, people will say it was a failed prediction and will give him 0 credit for trying to save lives.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Nobama

Look at it as probabilities. At a certain time the probability of something happening will be highest. That probability will range from 0%-100%. You are looking at 0/1, it will happen or not. The future is not clear cut. It is full of probabilities. It is not ignorance that frustrates me. It is arrogance... the arrogance to sway the many to look once and dismiss without investigation (whether intentional or not). Look at the quakes in the area in the last 30 days. Any way you cut it this guy's predictions are statistically significant.. and they were made well before the last 30 days.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Look, anyone with a clue knows that Honshu is going to take a major hit one day, it's for sure going to happen.

But, it might be in 150,000 years, or it could be tomorrow.

That's what "vigilance" is about, you know something is going to happen but you don't know when. So you stay on guard at all times, just in case...so when it does happen, you are ready.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
This made me
actually.

Looks like the EQ was postponed until daylight so people won't have to be inconvenienced in the middle of the night with no light.

Mother Nature is being very considerate and accommodating.

www.drboylan.com...

New UPDATE:

What it looks like to me is that Mother Earth/Gaia is shifting the time of the Mega-Quake into the pre-dawn twilight time in Japan, so that those affected will not have to thrash around in the dark trying to save themselves. Thus, mercifully, the original strike time of around midnight hour, Japan time, has shifted over the past few hours in stages to now a pre-dawn time where there is some light.

edit on 24-7-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

uh? well I guess the fact that Japan has been having aftershocks and will continue to for the next years has nothing to do with those quakes does it? oh and this guy said that the quakes would happen midnight in Japan, but yet nothing happened...

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
This made me laugh actually.

Looks like the EQ was postponed until the daylight so people won't have to be woken up and not be able to see.

Mother Nature is very considerate.
www.drboylan.com...

What it looks like to me is that Mother Earth/Gaia is shifting the time of the Mega-Quake into the pre-dawn twilight time in Japan, so that those affected will not have to thrash around in the dark trying to save themselves. Thus, mercifully, the original strike time of around midnight hour, Japan time, has shifted over the past few hours in stages to now a pre-dawn time where there is some light.

edit on 24-7-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

That is just

You have got to be kidding me!

I will entertain some bullcrap you know, just because of "what if".

But this.....

edit on 24-7-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

What's funny about the idiots who clog up this site

man you gotta love irony..

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Guys/Gals, I think our friend Dr B is having some sort of mid-life crisis or a break-down.

Hop on your facebook and send him a message to let him know we care about him and he doesn't have to do this. I hope he gets better.

Peace.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Look, anyone with a clue knows that Honshu is going to take a major hit one day, it's for sure going to happen.

That's what "vigilance" is about, you know something is going to happen but you don't know when. So you stay on guard at all times, just in case...so when it does happen, you are ready.

I'll give you that it will happen pretty quick here (relatively speaking, within the next 18 months) - but trying to specify a day seems silly.

I'll consider a 9+ quake with epicenter in Honshu, within the next 10 days a successful prediction.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

Opinions are probably one the best thing we have in life... as long as we don't push them on other people. All I ask is that the thread be kept visible for a while and you guys can call me a fool till your hearts are content.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

We CAN predict WHERE earthquakes are likely to happen, as you said.

Regarding WHEN they happen, we're not good at predicting that. But I think we can do better than "in 150,000 years, or tomorrow" in many cases. Trying to pin it down to the day is unprecedented. We can't even pin it down to the decade. Depending on the Earthquake we may be able to predict it to within a few decades.

One of the most predictable Earthquake zones in the world is near Hollister CA, which claims to be "earthquake capitol of the world". And even predicting those earthquakes can be a decade off. The reason we can predict more accurately there is the presence of nature's version of "baby powder" in the earth, which causes it to slip more easily than in most other places, so you get lots of smaller Earthquakes, instead of fewer big earthquakes in other areas, where the stress builds up because of the lack of a "lubricant" like near Hollister.

Guys/Gals, I think our friend Dr B is having some sort of mid-life crisis or a break-down.
From his picture I'd say he's past mid-life. May be more like senility? His website made me laugh:

www.drboylan.com...

Website recipient of Spirit Search Gloria Award, and Spirit and Sky Top Site Award 2004

"The saga of Star Visitors' contacts with humankind is the greatest unpublished headline of the Millenium, and the most important missing fact in our history books."
-- Dr. Richard Boylan
As soon as I see a site has won some kind of spirits awards, I'm already skeptical. But then reading about the star visitors contacts kind of confirms it...Hey doc, did you ever stop to think about why those headlines are unpublished? There's a reason!

(NOTE: This is the official Dr. Richard Boylan Website©, found only at: www.drboylan.com . Do not be misled by other UFO websites which might seem like mine and reproduce some of my articles, but which contain others' articles, often of dubious validity. - RJB )
That's the part that made me laugh, a site of very dubious validity accusing other sites of having content of dubious validity!

edit on 24-7-2011 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

new topics

top topics

join