It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anders Behring Breivik, the Norway killer

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkurkNilsen
reply to post by SevenStarrz

Nah, don't buy it.
ABB IMO is a product of the xenophobia and Muslim hate spread by right wing Christian extremists, such as Bush, O'Reilly and Glenn Beck in the U.S and EDL, Geert Wilders and their likes in Europe.
Beck is acctually mentioned in his manifest.

You don't have to "buy" my opinion, haha. The point of debate is to exchange ideas, yes? My opinion is based on my personal research (reading,) on mind control. As for the "manifesto", I question that it was authored by the gunman, or at least he was told what to write. Because it seems to me that it clearly supports an agenda, and furthermore is so readily available.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jaamaan

Please just forget the man, the only reason he did the killings was to get publicity for him and his ideas. You are doing exactly what he wanted by posting a thread like this. Just let his name be lost to history forever.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

Yeah, and let's just forget all about Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Bush and Pol Pot, cause all they ever wanted was attention.....

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SkurkNilsen

The guy literally only killed all those people so he could get his ideas out there. By spreading his ideas around you're only playing right into the hands of a mass murderer.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

And by spreading his meanings, which many of them are really interesting, people will maybe wake up?
I don't wanna see my country get raped anymore. He's got some good points!

That being said, I hate what he did.. Killing innocent kids, or killing anyone at all is not the right way to do it.
I even knew a couple of those who were on the island, R.I.P.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrakeBloodaxXe
reply to post by Nosred

And by spreading his meanings, which many of them are really interesting, people will maybe wake up?

No. No, the man was a insane murderer. There are better ways of doing things than by sinking to the level he did. By listening to such a man you are indirectly condoning his actions.

Every psychopath on Earth has done this 'murdering innocent people for the "Greater Good"' thing. It never works.
edit on 1-8-2011 by Nosred because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

Well, I don't agree with you. This may actually open people's eyes finally, after the mourning process. We see more and more non-western immigration, the border needs to be closed soon if we want to keep at least some of our culture and heritage. It's not like we can say in 50 years that we regret, and wanna restore the blue-eyed and blonde people + all churches getting taken down these times, replaced by mosques. I am no racist, I'm just skeptic to Islam since it would put our society back to medieval standards if getting too much influence. I welcome people from every nation and any continent, just as long as it's not making the ethnic Norwegians vanish too soon.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
See, the ideas don't go away because you cast this guy as insane. You can't ignore them away.

That doesn't mean give in. It does mean...the person with the plan wins. Ignoring things and thinking that's a plan...well, that's a loser from the start.

Take a good look. Because some of what the guy put out isn't wrong. It isn't necessarily right either, and his solutions stink to high Heaven. Just like the Unabomber, the guy isn't completely insane. There is a core of something there, and a quick look around will take you right to people who believe variations and degrees of the same thing.

The guy doesn't deserve notoriety. Neither does Pol Pot. But kill a bunch of people to inflict your idea of a good society on others, and it happens. Ignoring Hitler didn't work either, and the United States tried REAL hard for a long time.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I guess people believe we are crazy up here since the highest punishment you can get is 21 years in a so-called luxury prison

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenStarrz

I think you know what I mean when I say I don't buy your idea and I hope that it will not need further explanation.
Cheap shot at misleading the discussion at hand as you can see very well that I am giving you my opinion and reading yours, hence exchanging ideas.

How much of the manifest have you read? How much do you know about the Vienna School of thought. ABB makes it very clear that he supports cultural conservatism and sees himself as a warrior against the multi-cultural society.
In the manifest you find extreme proof of his world view. It also gives a good insight into how he is living in a utter fantasy world he has created for himself where he and a select few are the chosen ones who will save Europe and Israel from Islam.

If you want to know who brainwashed or as you like to put it "mind controled" ABB you might want to check out these people and websites: Geert Wilders, Paul Ray, Pamela Geller, Gates Of Vienna, EDL, Jerusalem Post, Fjordman just to name a few.

As you have studied mind control I have studied these bastards since I was 16 and I promise you they are some sick, sick people. They love guns and violence, trust me, And I have no problem seeing ABB coming up with his ideas. And I say this on the basis of talking with a big number of these individuals, especially from the EDL and their likes.
And it clearly supports an agenda, that is the whole point, Cultural Conservatism is the agenda.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DrakeBloodaxXe

It seems that you and ABB are two of the same ilk, hope you enjoy the company of degenerates such as Håvar Krane, Ronny Alte, Tore Tvedt og Lena Andreassen. The real scum of Norway.
Maybe you are not a racist, just a xenophobe. SIAN or NDL?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I've been in contact with some of the people you mentioned, but they're not my friends. I'm no extremist. I just say that he's got a few points.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by AeonsThe guy doesn't deserve notoriety. Neither does Pol Pot. But kill a bunch of people to inflict your idea of a good society on others, and it happens. Ignoring Hitler didn't work either, and the United States tried REAL hard for a long time.

So obviously once you kill enough people your ideas are worth hearing more than the ideas of a guy who hasn't killed anybody.

By reading his manifesto and glorifying him you're only giving him exactly what he wants, and increasing the likelihood of people doing this stuff again. If people hadn't taken his predecessor's ideas seriously he might not have done this and by reading his thoughts and approving of the methods he used to get his thoughts out there you are only encouraging someone else to go out there and do something else like this.

Sorry but I don't think a man who kills dozens of defenseless children to get his ideas out there is a man worth listening to.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

No, he literally killed all those people in the name of cultural conservatism and xenophobia. That means it is ever more important to call out those elements and put them in the light instead of letting them simmer underground until they explode like ABB.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

I oppose cultural conservatism as an idea, if Islam is to evolve into a peaceful religion then war and witch hunts is not the way. Extremism within Islam grows from the same place as it grows from the EDL for example.
Besides, in Norway we need more people, who else is going to work, Norwegians are sure as # too lazy.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred
[Sorry but I don't think a man who kills dozens of defenseless children to get his ideas out there is a man worth listening to.

I agree we shouldn't listen to him in the sense of agreeing with his sick mind, but we need to understand it so it doesn't happen again.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Well, my greatest wish would be if we all could just live together in peace, even though it sounds impossible as things are. There will always be people of extremism, both leftists and far-right extremists. Even other extremists who believe in other things not relevant to politics or religion. Even veggies can rage!

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Yeah I got a veggie friend who goes on a rage when I fry bacon on Sunday mornings, mostly out of jealousy

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkurkNilsen
I agree we shouldn't listen to him in the sense of agreeing with his sick mind, but we need to understand it so it doesn't happen again.

No we should not listen to him. By listening to him you give the impression to future psychopaths that this is a good way of getting their ideas out their.

Here's an idea, instead of wasting time listening to people who kill innocent people to get their ideas out there, why don't we listen to the people who haven't slaughtered dozens of people and see what they have to say? Maybe if we had been listening to non-murderer's ideas from the start rather than sending the message that the only way to get your ideas out there is to go crazy and kill everyone, this guy wouldn't have done what he did.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenStarrz
... As for the "manifesto", I question that it was authored by the gunman, or at least he was told what to write.

Exactly. All the supposed online 'evidence' is highly suspect. How do we even know Breivik wrote the manifesto--in apparently expert English, not his native tongue? And what does gunning down a bunch of innocents--most of them of his own race and culture--have to do with fighting immigration and multiculturalism? Nothing!!! It is amazing to me how many people buy into the nonsense that is put in front of them.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join