It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'd rather die than settle for a life as a Rock Star.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I believe the reason people are driven to live this way may be because humans are just an experiment- this whole planet could be an experiment. The diseases, belief systems, even natural disasters could all exist only because this world is an experiment by cold, heartless being who want nothing more than their own progress not caring a bit for the feelings of anything that lives.

Here's the song of which describes an example of a life that is nearly the opposite of one I'd ever want to be living.
www.leoslyrics.com...

"I'm through with standing in line
To clubs we'll never get in
It's like the bottom of the ninth
And I'm never gonna win
This life hasn't turned out
Quite the way I want it to be

(Tell me what you want)

I want a brand new house
On an episode of Cribs
And a bathroom I can play baseball in
And a king size tub big enough
For ten plus me

(So what you need?)

So, about being a Rock Star.. This song is what I believe sets me apart from humans. Not only is every word in the song tainted with evil to me, but it is also abhorringly boring. So, not only does it disgust me, but it sounds so boring that enough of living this way would drive me to suicide. Yes, I mean that literally. As if it being so boring I'd want to die wasn't enough, seeing the playboy bunnies would drive me closer to me untimely end purely out of disgust. And yet, it seems, the great majority of people would love this lifestyle. Some may find it not so great, but how many people do you honestly know who would not only find it boring, but to the point of suicide? On top of that, they be disgusted by the sight of depthless prostitute who's only motive for being in my company was to do what they do for profit? Indeed, this song is a wonderful example as to why I believe the existence of someone like me could help prove that this planet could be just one big experiment I've been fortunate enough to bypass (at least the psychological brainwash part). I believe, however, everyone in this world is likely capable of stepping out of this awful experiment and awaken in the way I'm awake. I in no way think myself 'above' anyone. I think everyone could do it. And, like one of my favorite games for the ps2, become 'humes' rather than 'humans'.
edit on Sun Jul 24 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

We are here for the entertainment of aliens.

Where do I sign up for fame and fortune? I can see it now 2015 my face on the cover of the rolling stone.

I'd just end up dying within months... being over fed on drugs like a fish being overfed.
edit on 24-7-2011 by SurrealEzen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Can't argue with that.

Awful song conveying an awful message.

Lot of it about.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Yea, WHY choose the life of a rock star when you can have the wonderful average everyday over-burdened, back-breakin' working stiff who devotes his/her entire life to making SOMEONE ELSE RICH, while barely getting by in life??

Yea, who the heck would ever want to live so well like a rock star??

edit on 24-7-2011 by pplrnuts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I definitely hear what you're saying, man. I would like to be a rock star if I could always be in joy, irrespective of my rockstar status. It wouldn't matter what I was doing if I was joyful.

Having lost my joy for so many years, I realize that nothing matters as long as you live in joy. So, having millions of dollars, adoring fans, playboy bunny girlfriends wouldn't mean s##t to me if I couldn't be joyful. On the other hand, if I were always happy, I would really like the lifestyle of traveling on the road, meeting different people, having people enjoy my music. I wouldn't be a Jim Morrison!

Ultimately, that's what everyone is looking for, I think. I was lucky enough to, at one time, feel it so strongly. I've been trying to get it back for about 2 years now.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I think thats the way Kurt Cobain felt about it. I just wanted to write and play music but none of the attention. Whether it was suicide or murder, either way the "suicide letter" refered to leaving Nirvana.
edit on 24-7-2011 by wardk28 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
My girlfriend throughout the 90's was cousin to Kurt Cobain. Though I never really knew him myself, lived a couple states and worlds apart, there were some thoughts and feeling that filtered back through his family ties. There is some state of desperation as you describe and a realization that having everything can be like having nothing at all on steroids.

My own life has been somewhat charmed, it seems, mundane in many regards but fulfilling enough I cannot complain. Though I would love to have had a taste of what Kurt had I realize that sweet, sweet dessert would be a tremendous bellyache to have that as a daily sustenance, day in and day out, day in and day out....

edit on 24-7-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Three

What does that song have to do with being a rockstar?
I really don't think this is that ambition of most bands are musicians.

Usually they just want to get their music out, if they are actual artist.

You could have easily posted the lyrics to "all you need is love" and your thread would have taken on a very different tone wouldn't it?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
A nightclub musician's life is no picnic either. You may be an artist with your own music you want to play but you'll end up typically playing over again that request for "Proud Mary" for the 30 thousandth time.

Someone may come along with a contract deal that sounds like a way out and a life of riches and your dream come true. There is always a price and that contract for many turns out to be a deal with the devil. I never been there and didn't do that but I have known some that describe it as such. I'm sure there are some who deal OK with it all and wouldn't know life any other way but it is a roller coaster ride in the long run.

I've known a couple childhood "stars" or kid actors that had been part of successful series and a few other odd parts. When I knew them they had some interesting stories, but the big money was gone, $25 residual checks remained, and they were delivering pizzas when they were working at all, no longer a cute kid.

edit on 24-7-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by pplrnuts
Yea, WHY choose the life of a rock star when you can have the wonderful average everyday over-burdened, back-breakin' working stiff who devotes his/her entire life to making SOMEONE ELSE RICH, while barely getting by in life??

First thing you've posted that I've ever agreed with and it's totally true.

I'm a musician, 27 years old and close to suicide because it's like something always halts me in my tracks from finally being able to do anything with my talents and songwriting and I'd rather have the life of money not being a problem and having my music and ideas reach as many people as possible than stuck with no money and no future with the thought of suicide lingering constantly in my head.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

My advise is to find out why you are in it. Is it for money or for the music. Make you choice because it cannot be both as you cannot serve two masters.

If you truly are in it for the music it will lead you where you need to go if you have true talent.

Raist

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7

Originally posted by pplrnuts

First thing you've posted that I've ever agreed with and it's totally true.

I'm a musician, 27 years old and close to suicide because it's like something always halts me in my tracks from finally being able to do anything with my talents and songwriting and I'd rather have the life of money not being a problem and having my music and ideas reach as many people as possible than stuck with no money and no future with the thought of suicide lingering constantly in my head.

A lot of relative unknowns in the 27 Club also. Milk those emotions and feelings of desperation. How many true artists were not tortured souls? How else would they arouse those roller-coaster emotions in others or at least to give them the high as the G-force builds during that steep plunge and the abrupt twists and turns. Make peace with yourself if you want to produce elevator music, that stuff is made so people don't feel the easy ups and downs.

People don't choose the life of the musician for financial security, if that happens it is mostly by accident or compromise. You can have a steady gig playing "Feelings" every set until you never have any real ones of your own, no good ones.

How fortunate I was to have never had any real talent, not enough to think I ever had something to give the world artistically. I'm a talented enough hobbyist to entertain a few folks when we all have been imbibing the 'tuning fluid' but I was lucky enough to be forced to find a secure mundane gig. At 27 I was driving a taxi in Las Vegas in the 70's. My real career was still a few years ahead of me and no idea what it would be. Now I'm pensioned and retired in my Mexican paradise. Still a lot of time to kill between señoritas, margaritas, and shrimp coctails so here I contribute to ATS and other such diversions.

Yeah, it gets better than this, but not every minute of the day. A little more struggle might keep you off the internet more, it occupies your time, the struggle. See how your life feels when you have every minute free. Some people can't take it. Good Luck.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
"Cover of the Rollin' Stone"....
...classic song!

Any y'all ever watch the movie "Rock Star" ?...basically on film what y'all are saying...you can watch the
rise and fall of a wanna be rock star...be careful what ya wish for 'cause you just might get it. In the end, the dude went to Seattle and played his music for himself....but alas...then came the grunge scene...and the circle was completed.

I've followed several bands in their rise and fall over my time in this world...tell ya what...every body....the money men...the musicians....and even the fans, all play a part in making these bands/musicians who and what they become...everyone forgets WHO is really in charge, everyone gets greedy, everyone contributes to the final outcome without a second thought of remembering that there are human beings with emotions and feelings creating their "children" with every lyric written and every strum of that guitar...every beat of the drum gives that "child" it's heart beat and sets the cadence for the bass.

Music is a life form, but sadly...just as in the real world...the life that is music is being slowly sucked out of it by the greedy money men, drug dealers, and crazed fans who get the phoney music shoved down their throats, all for the sake of profits...sadly...those that loose their innocence needed to experience being rock stars to truly understand what it means ....

ETA...WHO is in charge?...simple answer...YOU...it is you that calls the shots and makes the choices...no body else...You are the key...nobody can open those doors of perception unless You give up the keys.
edit on 24-7-2011 by Holly N.R.A. because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Most artists, rock star or not, need to be extremly generous if they want to last. (I'm not speaking about Bonio's generosity)

Talent and luck is not enough and these days.. i think you need to a bit more spiritual towards money, or your relation towards it. Some are natural some aren't. Sadly, Amy was'nt a natural i guess or maybe a lack of generosity?

Remember the 70's song from a group called "The pop group" "We Are All Prostitutes"
later remixed by the"Crookers" "We are prostitutes" ??

I wont put the link to those songs because you gonna hate me, they are both equally horrible but it sum it up when you think about it.

So my solution if you if your talented and get all crazy around $$$$$ , PLAY ROCK BAND ON YOUR 360.
edit on 24-7-2011 by eagleeye2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

Thanks for the reply and yeah, I admit right now I want in for the money but that's only because while my true goal is to reach as many people as possible via albums, the internet, music videos, concerts/festivals etc, unfortunately life and lack of money means I need to do it for monetary reasons so that I can buy the recording equipment I need as well as pay bills and feed and clothe myself until I can do it for the original reasons I wanted to get into the industry.

Luckily I can use my emotions and the struggles I have now as inspiration as many of my favourite bands have done (well, using my own experiences and emotions as well as real historic events like the Nazi gas chambers but that's neither here nor there)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Holly N.R.A.

Dirty business. Star. Life is a dirty business, the rich and successful are just as pathetic as anyone else, worse than that even. Try being a taxi driver and shuttle some of yesterday's stars around to their nightly bar hops.

Some music managed to keeps its garage roots and was happy, but when there is some commercial success the sharks smell blood and the frenzy begins. My own hometown of Oxnard, CA made a reputation for Nardcore and a lot of it stayed pure, but there are some crazy, scary stories to tell.

How sweet to break out the Stratocoustic and serenade my wife. Coming up to her while she's cooking breakfast and breaking out a voice-only version of Cole Porter's "Night and Day" with full emotion that felt so good to both of us. Such moments only feel good and make sense to the participants, mean nothing to nobody else, but make life seem special with a little music.

Most anyone can be a Rock Star for five minutes. It's an amazing high. Do it for life if you want an amazing low. But do it.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro
reply to post by Holly N.R.A.

Dirty business. Star. Life is a dirty business, the rich and successful are just as pathetic as anyone else, worse than that even. Try being a taxi driver and shuttle some of yesterday's stars around to their nightly bar hops.

Some music managed to keeps its garage roots and was happy, but when there is some commercial success the sharks smell blood and the frenzy begins. My own hometown of Oxnard, CA made a reputation for Nardcore and a lot of it stayed pure, but there are some crazy, scary stories to tell.

How sweet to break out the Stratocoustic and serenade my wife. Coming up to her while she's cooking breakfast and breaking out a voice-only version of Cole Porter's "Night and Day" with full emotion that felt so good to both of us. Such moments only feel good and make sense to the participants, mean nothing to nobody else, but make life seem special with a little music.

Most anyone can be a Rock Star for five minutes. It's an amazing high. Do it for life if you want an amazing low. But do it.

A "rock" star for you, amigo...
Everyone deserves their 5 minutes, eh?

guess it takes a certain kind of person to do it for a living, and survive, like such people as
Bono, Sting, Gene Simmons, James Hetfield, and a few others. They appear to have weathered
their differences and daemons and chosen to contribute their time and money towards charities and causes.
They've been able to keep their real lives separate from the fantasy...that is the "key".

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I agree. That song sucks. Whoever wrote it has shallow dreams and boring visions of themselves.

What does that I have too do with being a musician or writing songs? I write songs and they are NOTHING like that in the least. I would rather write songs then work in a call center for money. Both are forms of prostitution but one allows me to focus on the things I find most interesting (the creative process).

It's not about things, or women or money. It's about the freedom to choose your own life path.

Being a songwriter or poet is no less a noble calling then any other thing one might choose to "be" or "do." What matters is how you identify with the source, and how you interact with it, and help to shape it, even as it shapes you.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Question I have to ask is this.

Despite Nickelback being a fairly boring band to listen to, wasn't this song written as a tongue in cheek thing since everybody wants to be one at some point in their lives? With lyrics representing the kind of things that regular people associate with being a rock star even if none of it is true?

Add to that getting ordinary people as well as celebrities from various fields in the music video miming along to the lyrics, helps establish that notion that it's something everyone dreams of being.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Well, I don't know. Id love to be famous. Sure would make things a lot easier...I mean, call me crazy but Id love to just go play a few songs and tour the country and make millions of dollars as I party.

But I can't I have to work and bust my ass to get by. Oh well, maybe one day Steven Speilberg will rear end my car and decide im perfect for his next big movie.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join