It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Statesman - Real life superhero patrols Birmingham UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Hope that worked, and that this is the right place for it.

Well, what do you think? He's either got cajones the size of watermelons or he's completely insane. Or maybe the quality that all heroes have, super or not, a unwavering belief in justice and liberty...

However noble his actions, I do fear that he will not last long. He would fall into the "grass" category and be subjected to the standard procedure. You know the usual, name sprayed in six foot letters "John Smith IS A GRASS", probably followed by wheelie bins through the living room window. Then beatings, thrown in the boot of a car and tortured by hooded figures who've watched all the Saw movies, and think Hostel and Scarface are the greatest movies of all time. Oh and depending on the level of criminal he's helped bring in, shot.

Or I may be wrong and he's the hardest thing since Chuck Norris, or Jason Bourne. But I get the feeling he's not quite at that level.

Nobility and Justice may not be the only motives either, anyone remember Mystery Men or The Fantastic Four movies? Superheroes would be big business, they are now and they don't exist. I'm not saying The Statesman is in it for the money, but it is a valid possible reason for someone to don a cape, one could become very rich if one were good enough.

And not to forget that the recent wave of these masked avengers may lead to the birth of the supervillain. Not just a big gangster but a full blown tech loving supervillain. Lair optional of course.

Personally, I think it's pretty cool, I just hope he knows when to back down.

I've always said, the world needs a Superman, but every city needs a Batman.

Sendran.

P.S. I was a bit surprised that this hadn't already been posted. I did a search but saw nothing. If I man-looked, i apologise to the mod who has to remove it.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I demand more video of this guy patrolling the streets asap!

A guy who dresses up as a super hero and walks the streets of the UK because he is sick and tired of all the bad news and he wants to make a change. His motto is, people should start taking responsibility for their actions. I like it, I guess

edit on 24-7-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Could this guy get the job done if push came to shove? The idea kind of reminds me of Kick-Ass, but it remains to be seen if this guy is Kick-Ass or Big Daddy. From the looks of those man-boobs I'm guessing he'll be more like Kick-Ass. No offense to you guys out there sporting mammary glands as some of my favorite directors have fun-bags.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Superheroes!

I would like to see legislation for "Superheroes" to be allowed to register and do a job. They do it for free. All you need is a little oversight to make sure someone is not performing criminal acts. Working with cops and all that. Aside from that they should have the right to risk their safety and lives if they so choose. I say pull 'em in and give them some training so they can do a better job.
HEY PO-LICE!! Free labor here. Get it while it's hot!
If I were in better physical shape I would do the same. Kinda like those neighborhood watch patrols but, cooler.
edit on 24-7-2011 by Sagittarian69 because: Vid link was brokeded. Changed it up.

top topics

join