It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Ain't Gettin Any

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

...about for Dallas Ft. Worth

A couple of southern Oklahoma counties and the Tarrant Regional Water District filed suit to get the Oklahoma Resources Board to sell water from three streams before they poured into the Red River. Oklahoma said no. It is on appeal with the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals in Denver.

Arkansas and Louisiana are concerned because taking that good, clear water from the salty Red River would cause the Red to be unfit for irrigation.

The Oklahoma Indian tribes also have ownership of some/a lot of the state's water and that has to be resolved before anything else is addressed.

Texas is big and it has lots of opportunities for folks to make money and be successful, but it also has many many groups that are jealous and don't want Texasans to do well.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arkansas
We all think the possibility of man made weather could be true right. The PIC (people in charge) could be doing this to disrupt the TX separatism movement. What better way to stop a movement then to starve the main players of money and food to supply a separation from the union.

Yes. I think Obama is controlling the weather now because he just doesn't like Rick Perry.
No more rain for you! Oh and he is the anti Christ controlling HAARP as well.*

*sarcasm alert

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I live in west texas near hobbs new mexico. It is the dryest year I've ever seen. Normally by this time we are being invaded by mosquitos, flys and ogher annoying insects. This year though, I have yet to be mosquito bitten, there are considerably fewer flies, I don,t even see as many jackrabbits. Its gotta be a bad sign when there isn't enough moisture to support insects. www.abovetopsecret.com...

thought this was a peice of good news in the midst and have noticed invading ants lately looking for anything with moisture like vinyl or the glue which suppose has or is wicking moisture?? hopefully we'll have less weeds when it's all said done also

Entomologists Dr. Yao and Dr. Yuan of China studied more than 378,046 common house flies and estimated that each carried no less than 1,941,000 bacteria on their bodies. Indeed Flies are probably responsible for more deaths among humans then any perceived atrocities we may have misguidedly thrust upon them.

They are depicted in the oldest writings from the ancient world. Hieroglyphics from Egypt (pictured here) chronicle these tormentors along the nile. Flies are referenced in the Bible as one of the plagues Moses brought down upon the house of Pharaoh.
www.flypower.com...

Flies, gnats, maggots, midges, mosquitoes, keds, bots, etc. are all common names for members of the order Diptera...One need only consider the ability of flies to transmit diseases. Mosquitoes and black flies are responsible for more human suffering and death than any other group of organisms except for the transmitted pathogens and man! Flies also destroy our food, especially grains and fruits. On the positive side of the ledger, outside their obviously essential roles in maintaining our ecosystem, flies are of little direct benefit to man.
diptera.myspecies.info...

edit on 24-7-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I'm in Ft Worth, and its as bad as they are saying. This area is one of the best off as far as the drought goes, and yet everything is dead. Today was the 23rd day in a row of 100+ temperatures, and they're expecting for the next 2 weeks to be more of the same. I'm really worried about the fires, because it would be easy for half the state to burn with how dry it all is. What makes it worse for me is that the humidity has been terrible, but there's no rain for the foreseeable future. Its like Mother Nature is purposely toying with us. Last September we had a tropical storm that dropped 12 inches of rain in a day. I don't like constant rain like that, but I would welcome it at any time.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Reply to post by incrediblelousminds

That was just an incredibly asinine comment that has no relation to anything being talked about.

Please get over your unnatural obsessions and stay on topic. :up;

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by pplrnuts

Perhaps Loony Perry should organize a 24hr statewide rain dance and prayer.

He'd get all the new-age nuts to converge on Texas this way.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I believe that the Sun is talking to us! I really do, and the Earth is listening and accepting the message but people cannot because they no longer hear the voice of Great Spirit.

I know I am talking riddles to some; I am not riddled by it myself because I have been listening and it makes perfect sense now. If people were migratory they would have already taken their tepees and their children and animals and moved North. The cows are not natural as much as we are no longer natural and so we stand still and wither away. The trees will die and the grass will burn but they too will either return or move onward.

We used to be in tune with such things, and when the Sun would talk to us we would simply listen. Now we are stuck in the sand praying for mud.

When I talk to the trees and the lake where I live they tell me this, "in order to be reborn one must first die"! How easy is that? We must be reborn by allowing our old paradigms to die! One way is to seek the wisdom of our Lord and allowing Jesus into our Hearts! Rekindle the relationship or find it for the first time; this will not quench the thirst of the land, not yet anyways, but it will bring a sense of understanding that what is happening around us is meant to be and has a purpose beyond our current understanding. The Epic is yet to be seen but it will be felt regardless as we listen closely to the messages across the Globe. No matter the place all will feel the message of redemption upon us, this is why I have stopped migrating, because it will be for everyone this time. We are the reason we are, if we do not like what we are then we must be reborn again and recreate what would make us better than ourselves.

It is time to make Peace with our Maker because things are going to get bad before they can finally become abundant again. Perhaps we have outlived our capacity to listen, but some are trying and it only takes a moment to look around to hear the voices from all directions.

One day we will finally look about and realize we have been beaten and the moment we hand it over is the moment we will find relief. We are tied to our ways and this has been our undoing. Claiming the rivers to create reservoirs has only hoarded the process and now we find the soil is salted and the chemicals are lingering under our feet. Fraking to gain the gases of our Earth for a fast and furious buck is the norm. Bio-chemical estrogen based pre-emergents, hormone based chemicals throughout. Fumes and fury is our way and plastics that get thrown in holes as if they will go away on their own. Our food is bad and now our water is bad, our air is bad and so our minds are bad, there is not much more we can destroy beyond ourselves as we followed the plans of Society! Money is our Honey!

A great Cleansing is coming! I can hear it in the hot winds of the Desert and ever since I noticed the Sun turn White I have realized that it has a message for us. In order to be reborn we must first die!

Is it so bad to be Born Again from the ashes of our own? Regretful maybe, but not bad, regrets can be released and we can set ourselves free of this bad world of our own making. Satan is Society and there is a war for our very Souls. Praise Jesus and rejoice that we have seen the beginning of the end for that is the means to the beginning again; and even if the weather should change tomorrow, without us changing within then nothing changes!

Blessings from the Desert! I feel the Heat and I hear the message! Praise Jesus, let it rain if only to wash our hearts of the sorrow of our own, and bring us relief for just another day as each day is a day of recovery if we can finally listen again to the voice of Great Spirit, the Holy Spirit!

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Minihaha
Drought is a huge problem that needs a remedy.

good point and threadworthy topic
enjoy most any subject having to do with remedies, even toyed in design and filtration with this one a few years back

It is not uncommon for cisterns to be open in some way in order to catch rain or to include more elaborate rain-catching systems. It is recommended in these cases to have a system that does not leave the water open to mosquitoes or algae, which are attracted to the water and then potentially carry disease to nearby humans.

Many greenhouses use cisterns to help meet their water needs, especially in the USA. Some countries or regions, such as Bermuda and the U.S. Virgin Islands have laws that require rainwater harvesting systems to be built alongside any new construction, and cisterns can be used in these cases. Other countries, such as Japan, Germany and Spain, also offer financial incentives or tax credit for installing cisterns.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I've heard speculation about large desalination plant of some type and using some of the pipelines in the state to distribute the water statewide.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
twri.tamu.edu...

This is nothing new or should be shocked about, as Texas does and has gone through droughts in the past. This is not due to the Gulf oil spill, or chemicals. This is normal weather for the state, as it goes through years of normal weather and years that are dry.
There is no way of predicting when such will occur. Nor can it be due to the climate change doubters of the state, as California, especially southern California, is under drought conditions that are far worse than Texas. To give you an idea as to how bad it is, San Diego was considering a process that would use recycled water, toilet to tap, as a means to relieve the problems of water consumption. (This did not do well with the local population.)
Weather is a tricky science, and still it is always a bit up in the air as to how it will work. Many meteoroligists are only to predict the weather most of the time, but beyond that, there is always room for error, leaving room for improvement and accuracy.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Bramble Iceshimmer

believe I read something about that awhile back pertaining to the middle east

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Wow, I was at lake Travis a while back, it has dropped so much, almost afraid to see it now. If you want a good paying job, go learn to weld and extend docks to stairs...one or two guys ran a whole operation but are probably now overwhelmed.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

We had it bad back in 1980 also.

At this time then, there were cracks in the ground a small kid could fall into. I remember seeing them on the school yard and looking 8ft down.

Droughts happen.

But yeah, they do suck.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

yeah but who cares about Cali or the Hotel they are only like what top producer of something or another to the world?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
It seems like everywhere is either getting too much rain or no rain. In Ontario Canada we also have a drought

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Reply to post by incrediblelousminds

That was just an incredibly asinine comment that has no relation to anything being talked about.

Please get over your unnatural obsessions and stay on topic. :up;

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Actually, no, it was quite topical, because it is more than a little likely that the very same lack of regulation of the various 'energy' sectors in the Texas gulf region are tied to this long term drought Texas is now experiencing. But you 'free market' types (I've seen enough of your posts to see you fall squarely in this category yourself) like to pretend that the environment needs no protecting, and that the 'market' will fix everything.

Therefore, 'the market' should fix the drought, right, free marketeer?

edit on 24-7-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Thrax

that was probably 2009 when Travis was something like 50ft low which I think was the second or third lowest level
recorded, so for many in that area and it being so close together this must be very troubling
edit on 25-7-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

Maybe the oilspill has affected the ability of the atmosphere to pick up the water for rain as it always has before. Maybe the water is to heavy or the currents have been affected. Either way, I think we are only going to go downhill as a country and that is sad. There are too many things hitting us at once for it all to be coincidence. Just sayin.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Minihaha
Texas is begging to buy water from Oklahoma to take care of its population in Dallas/Fort Worth.

TX has been trying to get OK to sell us water for years, so far they've refused saying they need to conduct more studies. There is no water pipeline between TX and OK and won't be unless some kind of agreement is established. Once there's an agreement it will take years to build the pipeline. I wouldn't term this "begging" and it has nothing to do with the current drought, nor is it a solution to it since it would take years before water could be moved.

Around the DFW area we actually had pretty normal rainfall this past Spring. Right now our area lakes are 12" to 5' below normal which is pretty typical for this time of year. We are not under water rationing in our area and I don't know of any other DFW areas that are. Unfortunately just about every other region in Texas had a miserable Spring with very little (if any) rainfall. We have these 100+ degree summers pretty much every year and we depend on heavy Winter and Spring rains to get us through the summer and into the Fall. If we start the summer with low lake levels then by the end of the summer the lakes look like deserts. There's little chance TX will get any significant rainfall until at least September (unless we get a hurricane or tropical storm), so it's going to get worse before it gets better.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
If that structure at Lake Travis was built on dry land back in the day, it just goes to show how far down the water was in the first place.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join