It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Documents: Loughner crying, pacing in prison cell

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Documents: Loughner crying, pacing in prison cell

www.forbes.com

PHOENIX -- New court documents say the Tucson shooting rampage suspect was put on a 24-hour suicide watch at a federal prison in Missouri after he asked a staff psychologist to kill him.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I sometimes wonder if this case will ever go to trial. This seems to be evidence of a man suffering from extreme schizophrenia, and now they are putting him on more psychotic drugs! This is going to be one crazy trial. It should be in September but I doubt it. Being close to the norway shooter I wonder if there will be a comparison.

www.forbes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Saw this on the news somewhere yesterday.
I think it was scrolling by on the bottom of my television screen.
I thought "good."

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I am surprised his lawyers tried to stop him from being medicated. The guy is mentally ill; do they really want him to sink deeper into madness, just so he can look crazy at trial and be found not mentally competent? Either way, he will be locked up: mental ward or prison. Kinda sick that they don't want their client helped.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
yep gotta play it up for that insanity defense and get off for what he did.

my money is hes faking it thats been known to happen

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
He is obviously disturbed in some way; however, I doubt so much so that he didn't know right from wrong, which is required for an insanity plea.

Even a downs kid knows right from wrong most of the time. Certainly, they know that murder is wrong - it is not a hard a concept for most people.

I hate politicians for the most part and democrats in particular but his victim didn't seem to be all that deserving of death to me. I hope she recovers.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
What's the chance that this guy was perfectly sane or lightly drugged during the shooting and heavily drugged afterwards to keep his mind running in circles. Anyone else thinking this? Suppress the memories and they can't ever tell the truth. On another note, I think the thing that is most disturbing about this ordeal is the fact that this guy is still alive along with thousands of other criminals sucking away at our tax dollars. Time to clean the prisons, stretching this ones neck on live tv would be a good start. Maybe something more agonizing.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66
He is obviously disturbed in some way; however, I doubt so much so that he didn't know right from wrong, which is required for an insanity plea.

Even a downs kid knows right from wrong most of the time. Certainly, they know that murder is wrong - it is not a hard a concept for most people.

I hate politicians for the most part and democrats in particular but his victim didn't seem to be all that deserving of death to me. I hope she recovers.

I don't know about the right verses wrong ability. I have some personal experience with someone with paranoid delusions, but who was not, as far I know, paranoid-schizophrenic. That person acted out on her delusions-- doing things to "get even" which she fully believed the victim deserved. That her victims had not actually done anything was, to her, not an issue-- she could recall no specific details, she simply "knew."

Mostly misdemeanors, her crimes never brought her to trial, and to most who knew that woman, they assumed that her delusions were based upon fact-- except for her victims. That means, also, that she would appear totally reasonable to a jury. But if claims are so far-fetched and the person acts with murder, the appearance of reasonableness to a jury is problematic for the defense.

The fact of the matter is, what the average juror knows about mental illness comes from Hollywood portrayals. Silence of the Lambs comes to mind-- the one intelligent and rationally behaving criminal out of all of them in the scene in the dungeon-like cells-- causes many to assume that we can usually identify the criminally insane with a mere glance.

As you put it, "Even a Down Syndrome kid knows right from wrong." The flip side of that is that a Down Syndrome kid who thinks he is killing the next Hitler is not killing because he has Down Syndrome, but because he has delusions-- a separate issue. But if the person he kills really is the next Hitler, than it is not only right to kill them, it is a moral imperative that he try-- even if it is illegal. So knowing right and wrong concerning killing someone is not the only consideration, but the reasonableness of the cause of taking a life.

So if Jared Loughner knows it is wrong to murder, but believes he was killing a Hitler-like person due to his imaginary scenarios, then "right from wrong" is not the test of sanity, but rather it is "real from imagined."

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
I am surprised his lawyers tried to stop him from being medicated. The guy is mentally ill; do they really want him to sink deeper into madness, just so he can look crazy at trial and be found not mentally competent? Either way, he will be locked up: mental ward or prison. Kinda sick that they don't want their client helped.

They know that the only chance they have of him not being convicted is to be crazy as all get out. I'm sure that effects their win record and income, or something along those lines. But yes, it screws the kid over, most likely.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

edit on 24-7-2011 by 12voltz because: i am sick of these fkn scumbags

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
To anyone who cares to reply to this, what would you be doing in your prison cell if you were falsely accused of slew of murders that may not have actually happened?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
All we know is the govt is lying about this guy. He probably has a message that the govt doesn't want us to hear and so he's being censored and drugged. Happens every day.

top topics

join