It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forget Anonymous, Evidence Suggests that GOP Hacked & Stole 2004 Election

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Forget Anonymous, Evidence Suggests that GOP Hacked & Stole 2004 Election

www.benzinga.com

Evidence from the filing suggests that Republican operatives were compromised....

....In case that seems a bit too technical and "big deal" for you, consider what he was saying. SmarTech, a private company, had the ability in the 2004 election to add or subtract votes without anyone knowing they did so....

SmarTech had the correct placement, connectivity, and computer experts necessary to change the election in any manner desired
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
First of all I don't know much (read: anything) about US politics or political parties, so don't shoot the messenger.

There isn't enough space to really give you a good idea of the whole picture, so I've just added the main sections of the story.

I've often heard people say on this website that bush stole the 2004 election. It now looks as if that is correct, if this is to be believed.

The ramifications of that are probably huge, I can't really delve into the exact details of this as I have no idea about the political situation over the pond.

Make of this what you will

www.benzinga.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 24/7/2011 by Griffo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
S+F

I'm not sure how reliable this man is, but he seems to know his stuff and he seems to answer the questions honestly.

+36 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I dont think it realy mattered who won in that election , either way someone from the Skull & Bones society was going to end up in power. Dont be fooled by the illusion of choice

edit on 24-7-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

So. That election is over and done with and the winner is out of office. We've had another election so it's a moot point. The GOP just had better hackers, lawyers and judges than the democrats.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

And this is news?

It was obvious at the time and then for the second term...so Ch$ney and his minion's have profited, as has B#sh. To what end? Che$ney should be interrogated for crimes against the U.S. citizens and those of the world. His mercenary tendencies have been apparent since the days of N!xon. Is it true that f@lse fl@g operations for profit are a possibility? When people don't care about anyone but themselves, what is possible? Abusing power is their forte. THAT was apparent in the 2000 election as well as in 2004.

+23 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bramble Iceshimmer
reply to post by Griffo

So. That election is over and done with and the winner is out of office. We've had another election so it's a moot point. The GOP just had better hackers, lawyers and judges than the democrats.

Why is it, that when it comes to the GOP being exposed for breaking the law in the past, their response is always something akin to; "it's over and done with," or "that was a long time ago," or "what difference does it make now?" or "it's a moot point" etc...? It's as if they have adopted a "catch me if you can" mentality but somehow, it only counts if we actually catch them, hands on, in the act. According to this newfound form of accountability, if I robbed a bank and I didn't actually get caught in act, well then it's "over and done with" and I should get to keep the money, right?

Those who are responsible within the GOP should be held accountable for what they did with regards to stealing elections as well as their various voter suppression tactics, which are at the very least despicable if not indeed illegal.

I will also re-embed this video for ExistentialNightmare as it's absolutely pertinent to the specific crime being exposed by Anonymous.

By the way, they stole the 2000 election as well. They just utilized the Supreme Court to orchestrate the robbery. Remember when G.W. Bush said; "If the President does it, it's not illegal?" Well in reality, what he meant to say was; "If the GOP does it, it's not illegal." What a bunch of goons!

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I think that now that we all have computer voting all the elections are fixed right down to dog catcher. After the election for Bush's second term it was shown that the guy who owned the company which provided the ballot machines for Ohio was crookeder than a pan of guts. He had actually spent time in jail for fraud.
The machines he sold them were corrupted.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
It might be worth checking out the 2006 documentary "Hacking Democracy", which was investigating the same thing. Here's the full movie (you can also see it on Hulu.com):

Google Video Link

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

I've often heard people say on this website that bush stole the 2004 election. It now looks as if that is correct, if this is to be believed. The ramifications of that are probably huge,

Most people know this is true, many are afraid it is and the rest will deny it to their deathbeds.
Surprisingly the ramifications are not that huge. Just another day in American politics.

Politics should be defined as "how to screw all the people all the time."

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
As a nation of citizens, we are 10 years behind their lies.

We are 25 years behind secret military technology.

This article is interesting but I would encourage people to focus on what the stolen government is doing to us right now.

millions of elderly are scared as they dangle their social security checks...just so Obama can be a hero and get another 4 year term to push forward the agenda.

we should stop looking for proof and check-in emotionally. there is more than gadgets and reality shows in the world but those distractions keep up asleep.

America is the sleeping giant and when we wake, we will be the nation our forefathers intended. right now we are hostages with Stockholm syndrome in the biggest bank robbery of history.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
This is a little off topic but while posting here in this thread a virus threat was detected.
Could the thread be infected? I am not sure how virus are caught.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by zroth

millions of elderly are scared as they dangle their social security checks...just so Obama can be a hero and get another 4 year term to push forward the agenda.

Do you think the GOP is just going along with their position on this to help give Obama a boost in the polls or exactly what is your thinking there? I am curious. The elderly are afraid of Obama but even they will vote for him if the GOP keeps taking pot shots at their security checks. How is he making himself a hero? He said their checks were "on the table" and some cuts might be made for efficiency which is a bi-partisan stance since neither the elderly or the Dems will even consider this for a moment. Obama is going against his own party suggesting even this small modification, meanwhile GOP wants to do away with the programs completely!

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo

First of all I don't know much (read: anything) about US politics or political parties, so don't shoot the messenger.

Sorry, your first statement really says all we need to know.

Even if true - which I doubt - why not include in your "expose" evidence of the democrats stealing the 1960 election by voting dead people in Chicago (a practice that no doubt continues to this day)? Or the governor's race in Washington state? Or more recently the senate race in Nevada? Or why democrats fiercly oppose any kind of laws that would force you to prove who you are to vote. Or why democrats pander to illegal aliens (they still vote).

With many polls showing democrats/liberals are only about 20% of the population (conservatives and moderates are around 40% each), they have to resort to all these things to try and win national elections.

So, if there is something in the UK - or perhaps even in the U.S. - that you "know much about", bring it on. Love to read about it.

edit on 7/24/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
then how did mccain lose to the black guy whose middle name is hussein and last name sounds like osama ?

did he miss a payment ?

lol
edit on 24-7-2011 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
then how did mccain lose to the black guy whose middle name is hussein and last name sounds like osama ?

did he miss a payment ?

lol
edit on 24-7-2011 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

And whose last name sounds chillingly like "Osama".

Who came out of nowhere - literally - to defeat such establishment democrats like the Clintons.

Yes, it's all quite curious.

So, if Republicans are so able to "steal" elections, how in hell did they miss this one?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Not just voting scandals but actions done before the elect to influence (force) the outcome

It is worth noticing that, ever since the 1950s, dubious events – of the unpublic variety I have called deep events – have marked the last months before a change of party in the White House. These deep events have tended to a) constrain the incoming president, if he is a Democrat or, alternatively, b) to pave the way for the incomer, if he is a Republican.

Consider, in the first category, the following (when a Republican was succeeded by a Democrat): – In December 1960 the CIA secured approval for the Bay of Pigs invasion of Cuba, and escalated events in Laos into a crisis for which the Joint Chiefs proposed sending 60 000 troops. These events profoundly affected President Kennedy’s posture towards Cuba and Indochina.

– In 1976 CIA Director George H.W. Bush installed an outside Team B intelligence unit to enlarge drastically estimates of the Soviet threat to the United States, eventually frustrating and reversing presidential candidate Jimmy Carter’s campaign pledge to cut the U.S. defense budget.[13]

Equally important were events in the second category (when a Democrat was succeeded by a Republican):

- In late 1968 Kissinger, while advising the Johnson administration, gave secret information to the Nixon campaign that helped Nixon to obstruct the peace agreement in Vietnam that was about to be negotiated at the peace talks then taking place in Paris. (According to Seymour Hersh, "The Nixon campaign, alerted by Kissinger to the impending success of the peace talks, was able to get a series of messages to the Thieu government" in Saigon, making it clear that a Nixon presidency would offer a better deal. This was a major factor in securing the defeat of Democratic candidate Hubert Humphrey.[14] Kissinger was not the kind of person to have betrayed his president on his own personal initiative. At the time Nixon’s campaign manager, John Mitchell (one of the very few in on the secret), told Hersh, "I thought Henry [Kissinger] was doing it because Nelson [Rockefeller] wanted him to. Nelson asked Henry to help and he did."[15]

- In 1980 the so-called October Surprise, with the help of people inside the CIA, helped ensure that the Americans held hostage in Iran would not be returned before the inauguration of Reagan. This was a major factor in securing the defeat of incumbent Jimmy Carter.[16] Once again, the influence of the Rockefellers can be discerned. A CIA officer later reported hearing Joseph V. Reed, an aide to David Rockefeller, comment in 1981 to William Casey, the newly installed CIA Director, about their joint success in disrupting Carter’s plans to bring home the hostages.[17]

Both the financial bailout, extorted from Congress and the escalated preparations for martial law can be seen as transitional events of the first category. Whatever the explanations for their timing, they constrained Obama’s freedom to make his own policies. Moreover they have the consequence of easing this country into unforeseen escalations of the Afghan war.

source

Released LBJ tapes re Kissinger

President Johnson: "Some of our folks, including some of the old China lobby, are going to the Vietnamese embassy and saying please notify the president that if he'll hold out 'til November the second they could get a better deal. Now, I'm reading their hand, Everett. I don't want to get this in the campaign."

Sen. Dirksen: "That's right".

President Johnson: "And they oughtn't to be doin' this. This is treason".

Sen. Dirksen: "I know".

source

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
This is a little off topic but while posting here in this thread a virus threat was detected.
Could the thread be infected? I am not sure how virus are caught.

If you had a virus pop up warning, it can be a few things.

a- One of the advertisements was shady and tried to give you a virus.
b- it was a false positive, where your antivirus program thought it was a virus, but in fact it was harmless.

In either case the best solution is:

1-Update your virus scanner.
2-Run a complete scan.

Considering how this is a 'hacking story', it's kinda of relevant to remind people to update their AV software & scan regularly.

M.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
...Who came out of nowhere - literally - to defeat such establishment democrats like the Clintons.

...So, if Republicans are so able to "steal" elections, how in hell did they miss this one?

Not quite out of nowhere, as he gave the keynote address at the DNC 2004 Convention, which put him in the national eye as far as the Democratic Party. Obama's running mate, Biden, had also been in the national scene for years. This is the reverse of McCain, who had been in the public eye for years (even before holding national office, as a POW) who chose a running mate who was involved at most at the state level GOP.

Also, Clinton lost to Obama for two reasons IMO...she WAS established and she had Bill as baggage.

Also IMO, the GOP put up with McCain and Palin, as those in party power knew the GOP could not win a national election following the Bush administrations. I felt McCain was "given" the chance to campaign as a throwaway candidate, much in the same way an Academy Award Oscar/other award is given to a dying actor who has never gotten an award but still made contributions to the industry.

The GOP didn't need to have anyone in office for awhile, as the financial bailout had been set up already, as well as the commitment to Afghanistan and Iraq.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
The neo cons I feel are to blame within the GOP, they are the "your with us or against us" mentality crowd. They are the group that achieves its goals no matter what, using 9/11 as a example.

Oh now they call themselves tea partiers

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join