It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nicest Cop Ever

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
reply to post by ProphecyPhD

not to put a downer on your thread.. but firstly the cop is aware he is being filmed, now with all the anti cop videos lately, which im sure they are aware of.. of course he will be nice..

also i think its crazy that you can walk around with a gun in open view.. not be checked on who you are or if your even allowed to carry a weapon..
what would happen if he walked around the corner after this and killed 6 people? im sure there would be a completly different view on this cop and his actions...

this is the reason why you guys have such a high murder rate there, and most americans seem to advocate the ownership and carrying of firearms... i just dont get it...

edit on 24/7/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

What if.....what if...???

What if he walked around the corner loaded his gun and stopped a rape or some crazy trying to kill someone?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Don't expect this thread to get much attention.

Cop haters don't want to know about the majority of good/normal cops, it's easier to concentrate on the bad minority.

The MSM always targets the bad minority, bad teenagers,extremist muslims etc etc.

The sheep (can't believe I'm using this term, but it fits) do nothing but lap it all up.

edit on 24/7/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

Don't expect this thread to get much attention because this amazing person is an absolute RARITY!

This man is not only exemplifying what it means to protect and serve, but he is the shining example to all would be cops.

I have had many instances where I have had to deal with cops, some I was in the wrong, some I did nothing wrong at all, but the recurring theme was cops who were overstepping boundaries blatantly.

I find it appalling how little objectivity the gold content contributors have around here sometimes. Clearly I know where you're coming from Chad, which side of the fence you are on, etc.

Don't bother calling me a cop hater or any other names cause that's not the case.

Edit to add: THIS is why EVERYONE should be video taping police. Checks and balances, real ones, have a way of leveling out the playing field.
edit on 24-7-2011 by Mr Objectivity because: Clarity

edit on 24-7-2011 by Mr Objectivity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
reply to post by Misterlondon

Criminals get firearms no matter what. Just look at the Norway shooter. Guns aren't legal to carry there.

but its alot easier in the u.s... you can even buy them in the supermarket.. no? or i saw something once that said, you get one when you open a bank account?

I would like to see any state do what is mentioned. Two heads of lettuce and an ak or ar.
The bank.... classic!

Clerk: "Thank you for your deposit MR. Smith, now here is your assault rifle.
Mr. Smith: "Thank you. Now I would like to make a withdraw !"

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by missvicky

The cop knows the man has rights while so many others are brainwashed into bowing down to the gov. This Cop should be the poster child of common sense.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Looking at this I think we can throw aboard the police state nonsense?. Hah. Look at that. You are allowed to walk around with a gun on broad day light.

Cowboys

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

he's being in the feild and he no's what he's on about there should be more like him

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

A fine post, Prophecy PhD. Great to see a police officer being portrayed in a positive light. They have a very difficult job in American society, where it appears anyone can carry a gun legally ( Or illegally... for that matter.)
Hope you get plenty of recognition for this post. Thank you.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Could somebody explain the facts to me? I live in LA, CA. Am I allowed to open carry? Does that mean I'm allowed to carry a weapon, but no ammunition? What would be the point of that? Am I allowed to carry the weapon and the ammunition separately?

Thanks in advance.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Yeah, this was posted before. He is indeed very nice =D I still do not agree with the fact that citizens need to tell police that they have a gun.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

it is the second video on the page.. probably for contrast.

crazy cop vs normal cop
edit on 24-7-2011 by ElectricWizard because: video link

edit on 24-7-2011 by ElectricWizard because: .

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Now thats a real cop who love his job

we need more like him
he should even teach the young arrogant cops to use is diplomatic method

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
That was, indeed, commendable. A very wise cop. I just hope this was not a show for the camera in light of all of the cop related events happening lately. With the last cop getting screwed in court for overstepping his bounds, it is likely that all cops will let the heat die down so as to NOT draw any unwarranted attention to their precinct. This guy could be legit, and I have met a few nie cops in my lifetime, however, I did not challenge tham and they were nice to me because I respected them first. I have never in my life met a cop THIS understanding though. Seems a bit staged, but I hope it is not. At any rate this cop is to be commended for his knowledge of our constitutional rights and for not blatentlybeing a power hungry, tyrannical jerk....lik all the others. This cop has my vote for whatever he wants to succeed in. I applaud this gentleman police officer. He has truly set an example for all. I think this will see the lighht of day and I think it will give the public a fresh breath of hope regarding a country that is being usurped by an NWO police state.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Your Wrong.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Its against the nature of cop haters to even fathom that an officer can be nice. Most of them have only had experiences with officers because they were breaking the law to begin with, and blame the officers for them being stupid enough to break the law.

This cop was cool. Most cops are pretty chill to begin with. There are a few bad apples out there (like with anything else). I've had my fair share of encounters and was treated respectfully because I returned the favor. Just so happens a majority of the people here are stuck with the mentality that cops are out to get everyone.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
The only reason why I can think of is that why the media is trying to make cops look bad is because when we have a civil war here in North America. The police are most like the only ones who can provide us weapons. The gov't is trying to get rid of the second amendment. And what about the military? Of course they won't shoot our own people, but the gov't is sending alot of our military off shores so they wont be here when it happens!!
edit on 24-7-2011 by HazyChestNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

not to put a downer on your thread.. but firstly the cop is aware he is being filmed, now with all the anti cop videos lately, which im sure they are aware of.. of course he will be nice..

also i think its crazy that you can walk around with a gun in open view.. not be checked on who you are or if your even allowed to carry a weapon..
what would happen if he walked around the corner after this and killed 6 people? im sure there would be a completly different view on this cop and his actions...

this is the reason why you guys have such a high murder rate there, and most americans seem to advocate the ownership and carrying of firearms... i just dont get it...

edit on 24/7/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

Actually, the murder/crime rate is lower in the parts of the country with more open gun laws. I mean...is someone going to go up and rob that guy with a gun on his hip? Is someone going to break into your house in an area where 99% of households own a gun? The places with the highest crime rates, guns are actually illegal. Criminals do not care, and still own guns in those areas...while normal citizens in those areas, do not own a gun, and have nothing to protect themselves from people trying to rob them or invade their home. I live in Chicago...guns were completely banned up unitl last year, and we've been the murder capitol of the country several times. I visit a friend of mine in Kentucky, where everyone owns guns, and the crime situation is much different. I'm sure once in a while some drunk dude shoots his buddy on accident, but no one is breaking into their house.

Americans owning guns also helps us from a national security standpoint. I saw an old interview with Russian diplomats from the cold war. They said our guns were one of the things they were worried about when thinking of actually invading the US. If that happened, they wouldn't only be fighting our military. They'd have to worry about guns in every home they cleared, and they'd have to worry about the citizens forming militias.

Guns are freedom. They protect us from our government, each other, and foreign powers.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Thanks for posting this man, I know good cops exist. They are people trying to do their job afterall(some better than others). Good to see someone actually post that vid on YT.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllIsOne
Could somebody explain the facts to me? I live in LA, CA. Am I allowed to open carry? Does that mean I'm allowed to carry a weapon, but no ammunition? What would be the point of that? Am I allowed to carry the weapon and the ammunition separately?

Thanks in advance.

I was wondering the same thing. Could i have the gun in the holster with the clip in my pocket or would the clip have to be unloaded? If the clip has to be unloaded what would be the real purpose in an emergency where you only have say thirty seconds tops to react? I can just imagine someone scared, hand shaking, dropping bullets all over the place

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

It is truly great to know there are nice cops out there. I understand how cops need to be stern but that should not go to their head as majority of the force allows it to. This officer conducted himself very nicely and stated the situations very well. He should be the star example of how officers should be.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Generally speaking, Oceanside and San Diego people are very friendly. I guess even the cops feel the love too...

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Having worked with the police for several years, I can honestly say that MOST cops are great. Some aren't but they are a very small minority.

The officer in the OP knew his job and while Jeremy was a bit of a dweeb, made an educated guess that because he was filming the encounter, Jeremy was not going to go around the corner and off everyone he saw. Officers are very aware Jeremy-dweebs are trying for YouTube fame by trapping cops into a bad situation and didn't play into it.

In my world, if an officer is being polite and respectful, you do so back. He introduced himself, Jeremy should have done the same. This officer had a good laugh back at the station.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join