It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Many Will We Really Vote Out Of Office?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
ATS and the rest of the US finally seem to be fed up. For the first time in my memory, a considerable number of those normally uninformed are becoming informed. Although the MSM continues it's tendency to choose sides and then obfuscate (love that word) the facts, they are reaching and educating more members of the general public than every before. Virtually every politician, the congress as a whole (or hole, depending on the intent of the statement), the president, and all of politics as usual is taking a tremendous slapping at the polls. It has become almost impossible to find anyone content and/or approving of their own party lines or representatives.

So..........

With so much venom in the consciousness of American "democracy", will we really do anything about it this time? The rest of the world is watching, and I would like to suggest we have a unique opportunity to undo a great deal of "bad faith" political maneuvering and intrusions piling up outside congress' window. How long has it been since the PTB actually made positive decisions regarding world peace and truly demonstrated empathetic or sympathetic consideration for anyone other than themselves?I am personally ready to get to the voting booth and send quite a few packing. Clearly, we in Texas have plenty to choose from but we don't seem to be able to monopolize the hold on corruption or injustice in our representatives so are you willing to give your own local, impotent, or unwilling to do their job officials? Will you accept that your vote really DOES count and go when the polls are open next time? Or are you more likely to sit at your computer and be content browsing sites such as ATS or even contributing your distaste but doing nothing tangible about it?

It is my hope that the American people have once and for all finally had enough. The question remains: am I wrong?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Everyone who thinks that voting even matters anymore is a joke. The elections are rigged and whoever gets in will be told what to do anyway. We have seen it time and time again!!! Its time to give them all the ouster.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

This is my point. Unless a very large number of people get frustrated enough to go and vote them out of office, then your vote doesn't count. It can only make a difference in a majority.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
The FIRST thing that needs to happen is a FLASH MOB carrying 9 lb. sledge hammers rushing every voting location as they open and SMASH every computerized voting machine...

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
My response is simple enough: Enough will be voted out in order to keep up the charade. Replacing them will be those who yell at campaign rallies and once elected, fall into line with the gang. It happens every few years. Each side of the political spectrum is thrown a bone in rotation, so to speak, to keep one side happy and the other upset. This polarization of politics has become a multimillion dollar industry in itself with books, news channels, and websites written by "pundits".
No one can change this. Not Ron Paul and his flock, tea partiers, or any other group that claims they are against this set up. They too are given their voice just enough to keep them fired up, but not enough that they go all Norwegian Templar.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
My concern is how many, who are voted into office, will screw us over more than those holding office now?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Here's the real thing. The American people cannot completely replacing our "elected" (lol, sounds funny saying that anymore) representatives. This is because the rules in place dictated by the system won't allow it. Only 1/3 of senators can be elected out of office at one time. This means a modicum of continuity of government will Always remain, . 66 of the worst people this world has ever seen always remain in office to continue the horrific terrorist acts this government commits on the world and the populace. The US Govt. needs to be replaced.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Well in 2010 it was vote out all incumbents, mostly because, IMO, all 3 branches of government were controlled by the Democratic Party.

Notice you don't hear that mantra anymore???

It was all over the place, especially on ATS, not long ago..............

new topics

top topics

join