It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Did the Norwegian Shooter Become so Proficient at Firing a Gun?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Also noteworthy is that he was dressed as a cop. Then yelled at the victims and said that he was a cop and everything was ok and once they approaced him he shot them. Not that hard either. Also take into account that there was 560 people on a small island to boot. Also he had planned this whole thing for years.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
He also drilled out his ammo to create hollow points, filled that with a 99% pure "chemical substance", so even wounds became lethal in seconds.

Not sure if nicotine is that lethal, but he stated this in his diary,
edit on 24-7-2011 by EartOccupant because: Removed the chemical to not bring idiots to idears

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by timi0000

You are completely wrong about being able to hit a target at 20 feet, especially using the weapons platform this shooter apparently had based on the youTube video he posted.
I believe the picture from youTube shows an EOTech brand holographic sight on a Ruger Mini 14. I own both of these items (very legally here in Arizona, USA), so I speak from personal experience.

With this combination and only minutes of practice I could teach anyone capable of holding up the rifle to hit a human sized target very, very accurately at 20 feet.
This sight is used with both eyes open, and the red aiming dot stays on target as long as it is visible to you, regardless of how the weapon is held or pointed. (Not at all like using conventional iron sights or a magnified scope.)

Paired with the stability, reliability and large capacity of the mini 14, this is an extremely effective killing machine.
The EOTech optical sight is the choice of the US military, although they pair it with the M-16 (lighter and faster than the mini 14).

With several 30 round magazines (that can be changed in seconds), the reported 40 minute police response time, lots of people in a small area, dressed as a policeman, in a country with little gun violence, it is entirely probable that this lunatic carried out this horrific alone.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Answer posted by PyskoOps
edit on 24-7-2011 by Ficargul because: Someone already posted my answer.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
The myth of "marksmanship" needs to be dispelled. At close range it is not even necessary to use your sights at all. Its called Point shooting and is a very natural thing in terms of ergonomics. He did not need full auto or 30 round mags to accomplish this. He had a fairly captive target environment and he had surprise and shock on his side.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: timi0000

I am just adding this now because I just learned this information from a family member who is a pharmacist and who does forensic blood tests for the government in Norway. Apparently this shooter guy was full of weird drugs that the military uses and none of that information has been published. I asked if that meant he was essentially a mercenary for the military, but everybody seemed to believe in the "lone wolf" theory - that he somehow got a hold of these drugs and went crazy.

I somehow doubt that. I would bet that these are "sleepers" being activated worldwide to help facilitate geopolitical changes. This recent issue with Judge Scalia in America might be related to that.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Signals

OP, one of the most important points you bring up is how, in Norway, private gun ownership is nearly non-existent.

Source? He owned those weapons legally.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: Signals

OP, one of the most important points you bring up is how, in Norway, private gun ownership is nearly non-existent.

Source? He owned those weapons legally.

and had the cops been armed instead of having to go back to the station to get guns there may have been fewer deaths. Once again an example of how gun control affects only law abiding citizens.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join