It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Polar Opposites in Christianity?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I was just talking with a Christian today, we had quite a discussion. I was telling him a few of my thoughts, he was telling me things I had heard so many times before. I suddenly realized the polar opposites of the Christian religion. It is only one or the other, always. If it is not in the Bible, it either doesn't exist, or is Satanic, or Demonic. Any religion not Christian is always Satan Worship. Even in here, any thread about ET, Aliens, or UFOs is always met with the standard rhetoric: Those are not aliens, they are Demons. Any other religion, be it Wicca, Taoism, or Buddhism, that is Satanic also.

Here is the polar two:

On the one side is God and Jesus.
On the other side is Satan and the Anti-Christ.

There is no middle ground, folks, you are with them, or you are with Satan, and that's all there is to it. This is all based of course, on their book. None will admit all of the translations and changes it has gone though, nor will any of them do any research on the origins of words or stories found in the book. Any earlier books or texts are "lies," or "work of the Devil." I don't know a lot about Islam, but my take on the extreme version is quite like this, either or. Don't these two book religions realize the heartache and bloodshed they have caused with this "belief system?" Right now, at this moment, Christianity is at war with Islam. Where does it end? When you destroy the world?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I know exactly what you mean. It's something that I find quite irritating as well, because you can't talk about aliens, spirits, etc without them being called demonic forces...I mean. I understand that for a devout Christian, it HAS to be the only answer because if not then it would be a flaw in Gods 'perfect' design and scripture. However, it is --- once again --- in conflict with logic. There's very little about that Bible that is logical or that does not contradict itself in one way or another.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
We are all on one side. All of us are on the side of humanity. We are all fallen and equal under the yolk of sin. This is an issue of pride. If you have a spouse, imagine this scenario: The husband and wife relationship is built on love and mutual respect. Sadly, there are many examples of this relationship where one spouse is arrogant and self-seeking. The relationship is strained and doomed from the start because of the lack of equality. If one spouse is taking, then no real love exists. Love is not about pride. It's about humility and equality. If both spouses are giving to each other, they will have a happy marriage. All divorces happen because of pride from one or both of the spouses. Love is the only thing that can keep a marriage together. This requires love for the other.

We are under a veil as humans. We do not remember our first estate as a soul with God. We are placed into a bio-mechanically engineered body to walk a path in the wilderness of earth. This is an education. We are all here to learn to love others. The lessons that test us are easy and full of joy if we are humble. The lessons of life are harsh and full of toil if we are proud. Just like a marriage, we must actually love the other to get along.

God only requires you to love Him and love others. This is the law of God's kingdom. We each choose how this relationship goes. We are all incapable of the love that Christ showed to us. As I said before. We are all in the same state of pride. As we humble ourselves toward God, this spills over to others in our lives. Salvation comes when we gain union with God in love. If not, we live again in another life. You must be born again. There is no option on this. John 3. Escaping the trials requires love. The lesson is learned and you move on to a better existence in a better place. The kingdom of God is only for those who follow this law of love. Earth is the place to learn the lesson.

To answer your question, we separate ourselves from God by choice until we don't. At that point, we fall in love with an amazing being who has always loved us equally.

Originally posted by autowrench
I was just talking with a Christian today, we had quite a discussion. I was telling him a few of my thoughts, he was telling me things I had heard so many times before. I suddenly realized the polar opposites of the Christian religion. It is only one or the other, always. If it is not in the Bible, it either doesn't exist, or is Satanic, or Demonic. Any religion not Christian is always Satan Worship. Even in here, any thread about ET, Aliens, or UFOs is always met with the standard rhetoric: Those are not aliens, they are Demons. Any other religion, be it Wicca, Taoism, or Buddhism, that is Satanic also.

Here is the polar two:

On the one side is God and Jesus.
On the other side is Satan and the Anti-Christ.

There is no middle ground, folks, you are with them, or you are with Satan, and that's all there is to it. This is all based of course, on their book. None will admit all of the translations and changes it has gone though, nor will any of them do any research on the origins of words or stories found in the book. Any earlier books or texts are "lies," or "work of the Devil." I don't know a lot about Islam, but my take on the extreme version is quite like this, either or. Don't these two book religions realize the heartache and bloodshed they have caused with this "belief system?" Right now, at this moment, Christianity is at war with Islam. Where does it end? When you destroy the world?

edit on 23-7-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
ok, here is my clue into all of the difference on the differences. We have our bible which came mainly from hebrew peoples through history and also the greeks and romans.. one who does not beleif in god and jesus christ is not a christian.and jewish people do not beleive in jesus christ but do believe in god. all others are non-believers either you are or you are not a beleiver period.
But, now In gods written word their are more gods than just one and Even The christian and jewish god said in his own commandments , "thou shalt not have no other god before me.". Meaning there are gods that you might serve other than god but to have his reward you have to serve him and him alone.
Greeks,Romans,Asiatic peoples, and every other tribe of people from the beginning of time has worshipped some kind of god. So, If you fear anything Isnt it better to fear a god than to fear something of this earth.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
God is one thing. He projects Himself into His creation in the form of Father (Prima Materia / Light), Son (Word/Logos/Wave) and Holy Spirit (Consciousness). These represent the three persons of the Trinity. You and I are on the other side of this projection 'in' the image of God. We are Light, Wave and consciousness. God is in us and we are in God. Light is both particle and wave. Matter is made living by consciousness.

This is where God says not to worship other Gods. Do not worship the created, but only the creator. Particle and wave duality makes up matter. It is not living. Idols that are not living cannot be worshiped. Men are not God. It requires a Holy Spirit to be God. Jesus is one of the three persons of the trinity (Logos). The logos is the Word (John 1) which spoke creation into existence. The LOGOS is the master story teller, revealing the hidden God. Do not worship other Gods is a command for a reason. God is ONE. We are all part of that one God in reflection through His essence. LINK

Originally posted by samiant
ok, here is my clue into all of the difference on the differences. We have our bible which came mainly from hebrew peoples through history and also the greeks and romans.. one who does not beleif in god and jesus christ is not a christian.and jewish people do not beleive in jesus christ but do believe in god. all others are non-believers either you are or you are not a beleiver period.
But, now In gods written word their are more gods than just one and Even The christian and jewish god said in his own commandments , "thou shalt not have no other god before me.". Meaning there are gods that you might serve other than god but to have his reward you have to serve him and him alone.
Greeks,Romans,Asiatic peoples, and every other tribe of people from the beginning of time has worshipped some kind of god. So, If you fear anything Isnt it better to fear a god than to fear something of this earth.

edit on 23-7-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

This is where God says not to worship other Gods. Do not worship the created, but only the creator. Particle and wave duality makes up matter. It is not living. Idols that are not living cannot be worshiped. Men are not God. It requires a Holy Spirit to be God.

Right there is circular logic, friend. God commands everyone not to have any other Gods before him, and man is not a God, but whom does Christians worship? A MAN! And a dead one, as we have it. And they also worship an Idol, if the Crucifix is not an Idol, then I don't know what is. To me, this is a grand breakage of the first commandment. The other commandment Christians break on a daily basis is "Honor thy Father and thy Mother." This does not mean your human dad and mom, it means your Divine Father and your Divine Mother.

Care to explain these things to me?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

This is where God says not to worship other Gods. Do not worship the created, but only the creator. Particle and wave duality makes up matter. It is not living. Idols that are not living cannot be worshiped. Men are not God. It requires a Holy Spirit to be God.

Right there is circular logic, friend. God commands everyone not to have any other Gods before him, and man is not a God, but whom does Christians worship? A MAN! And a dead one, as we have it. And they also worship an Idol, if the Crucifix is not an Idol, then I don't know what is. To me, this is a grand breakage of the first commandment. The other commandment Christians break on a daily basis is "Honor thy Father and thy Mother." This does not mean your human dad and mom, it means your Divine Father and your Divine Mother.

Care to explain these things to me?

It boils down to man receiving spirituality from another man. If you go to church, you are listening to "man". There is an easy question that proves this. Ask a Baptist church-goer if the Catholic Church (or Jehovah's Witness, Mormons, 7th Day Adventists, or Protestants) is directed by the word of God and you'll get an alarming amount of them saying "no". This flawed logic is interchangeable with just about any faith based on the Judeo-Christian mythology.

The bible is full of wisdom and has obviously divine inspiration from God but... to think that every word in every book (many of which are missing and many of which may not belong) of the Bible is directly inspired by God is ludicrous and dangerous. What makes Christianity less dangerous than Islam is that it is older and the worshipers have allowed their dogma to be watered down a bit so they don't go stoning every kid that talks back to his parents or burning women at the stake.

The eventual evolution to this is that Christians will realize how unrealistic it is to live by these words and live with this hate, fear, and judgement. They will eventually concentrate on Jesus's and Moses's words and hopefully nothing else.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I guess there will always be a big fight over which religion is the right one, which one is truth, and which one is wrong. The thing is, isn't it time for humankind to set aside their differences, and take religion as a personal thing, not a State sponsored do it our way or go to hell? The way I see it is like this. We have a GODHEAD. This Godhead consists of a masculine male like Divine Being, and a feminine female like Divine Being, and a male/female child like Divine Being. In other words, a family. We, humanity, are their children. The male/female child is symbolic of this.

No one religion has the whole truth, no matter how much they wish it to be so. No religious book has the whole truth either, the whole truth can only be found within one's self, not in any book, or building, no matter how consecrated it may be.
Look around you. The Earth is our Mother, it has always been our Mother, and no amount of church sponsored burnings will change that. Some call Her Gaia, some call Her other names. She provides all that we have, the food on our table, the clothing on our bodies, the lumber for our homes. Now look up in the sky. See anything there that provides life abundant for everything that grows, and provides warmth and needed rays for the many plants that provide us with vegetables? The Sun was always seen as God in Ancient Times, named Amun Re by the Egyptians, many religions even today give honor and credence to Amun Re at the end of every prayer, Amen. Is this so hard to grasp? Why have a God that is away, so far away that no one know where it has gone? And why make a wise man into a God for lack of a real one?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Well, there is a thing called "Lukewarm."

So, you know.. that's kind of a middle ground.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

This bears repeating, and a bump to the boards once again:

Beautifully stated, my friend!

new topics

top topics

join