It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey PM: I won't visit Gaza if Israel apologizes for flotilla raid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Turkey will not cower to Israel.

Can someone advise me when the last time Israel apologized for anything?

Erdogan: We support Palestinian statehood bid; Netanyahu to convene top ministersto mull Mavi Marmara apology.
By Barak Ravid

The forum of eight ministers will meet today in Jerusalem to decide whether to accept the draft of an agreement for ending the diplomatic crisis with Turkey. As part of the proposed deal, Israel will apologize for operational failures that led to the deaths of nine Turkish citizens during the stopping of a Gaza-bound flotilla in May 2010.

Ministers Avigdor Lieberman and Moshe Ya'alon are opposed to the apology, while their colleagues Ehud Barak and Dan Meridor support it. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu will risk a coalition crisis with Yisrael Beiteinu if he favors the apology.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by EyeHeartBigfoot

If Turkey expects Israel to apologise; they all better sit down because it will be a very long wait indeed.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by EyeHeartBigfoot

If Turkey expects Israel to apologise; they all better sit down because it will be a very long wait indeed.

I am 100% convinced they will not apologized.

So why would the Turkey PM ask?

I do find it very interesting that the Palestinian Ambassadors have not Thanked or even acknowledged Erdogan's words/actions:
Why didn't ambassadors of Palestine applaud Erdogan?

By Nasser Lahham

The reaction of Palestine's ambassadors to Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyib Erdogan's statements for Palestine was unprofessional and even naive, proving that they still believe the world must understand them without any need on their part to express their feelings.

More than 100 ambassadors of the Palestinian Authority, headed by the PA's president and a high-profile delegation including the Minister of Foreign Affairs Riyad Al-Maliki, listened to Erdogan as he delivered his speech at a conference in Istanbul.

Erdogan improvised very influential and enthusiastic statements for Palestine. He carefully selected his impressive words, and yet none of them bothered to clap their hands and applaud his words even when he said, "I want to kiss the tearful eyes of Palestinian women."

A colleague from Al-Ayyam newspaper Abdul-Raoof Arnaoot and I started to whisper, "Why didn’t they clap their hands for the Turkish leaders? Why did the ambassadors remain silent despite the fact that they have simultaneous interpretations? Why didn't they applaud him when he said 'Jerusalem is a red line'?"

Why didn't ambassadors of Palestine applaud Erdogan?

new topics

join