It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alaska volcano shows signs of impending eruption

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
You all are welcome. I will try to keep everyone informed on what is going on in Anchorage, Alaska when I get it. I wrote her, and asked her if she heard thing about the alert level. Then she wrote me and this is what she said to me. She said, " that she has not heard anything but an alert so far, "and they are still watching it. I will keep you guys posted when I get more informed.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
avo.alaska.edu...

webcam if you want to keep watch... not visible right now tho.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by berkeleygal
avo.alaska.edu...

webcam if you want to keep watch... not visible right now tho.

That's the one we're looking for...

Thanks!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Update.

www.npr.org...

They are saying it may erupt soon and disrupt air travel

www.cnn.com...

Officials are monitoring a remote Alaska volcano that could launch an ash cloud, potentially threatening intercontinental flights. "Eruptive activity" of Cleveland Volcano was detected in satellite data, according to the Alaska Volcano Observatory. The volcano, also known as Mount Cleveland, is on the Aleutian Islands, southwest of mainland Alaska. "A new lava dome has been observed in the summit crater," the observatory said Tuesday. "There have been no observations of ash emissions or explosive activity during this current lava eruption."

edit on 022929p://2America/ChicagoWed, 01 Feb 2012 14:10:08 -0600 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I love volcanoes! They are just awesome to watch erupt! Thanks for the webcam link!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Update.

www.npr.org...

They are saying it may erupt soon and disrupt air travel

www.cnn.com...

Officials are monitoring a remote Alaska volcano that could launch an ash cloud, potentially threatening intercontinental flights. "Eruptive activity" of Cleveland Volcano was detected in satellite data, according to the Alaska Volcano Observatory. The volcano, also known as Mount Cleveland, is on the Aleutian Islands, southwest of mainland Alaska. "A new lava dome has been observed in the summit crater," the observatory said Tuesday. "There have been no observations of ash emissions or explosive activity during this current lava eruption."

edit on 022929p://2America/ChicagoWed, 01 Feb 2012 14:10:08 -0600 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

Thanks for the update Pro.

I guess no matter how much we think that we conquer our surroundings, a little fart from Mother Nature can stop us from traveling at all.

Peace

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Just checked the webcam. It is experiencing "technical difficulties".

Wonder if something is happening?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXTriker
reply to post by jude11

Just checked the webcam. It is experiencing "technical difficulties".

Wonder if something is happening?

It's kinda like when Ron Paul is on the news..."Sorry Folks, We Lost The Feed" ... Just ehen he's going to say something controversial.

Let's keep watching tho. Hopefully the cam will come back online.

ETA: Checked the dates and it looks like the tech problem was listed back in Aug/11. The screen is now showing bluish white but can't make any details. If it were offline I believe it would be a dark screen. Maybe?

Peace

edit on 1-2-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
www.sott.net...

For a fast check of what's going on.....grin. Just in general I mean...altho they had the Cleveland Volcano article as well.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
My mistake....that link wasn't allowed.....sorry everyone!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join