It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe the eyes are the window to the soul?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Anyway, I do this thing when I first meet someone, I look them straight in the eyes. Whenever I do this, I get a vibe about the person, and a sort of idea, or hunch, of what they might be like. Most of the time, the initial vibe and hunch about the person turns out to be right. I guess a good way to describe it is that if i look into someone's eyes, i can see how deep they are. Many people are shallow, however there are a significant amount of people with a great deal of depth.

Now on to the interesting part. I notice that for a large majority of people, I get a rather weak vibe from them, and many are very similar. In addition, I've met two US Senators and both times their eyes just looked and felt empty, almost depressingly so. But occasionally, I meet someone who gives off an incredibly strong vibe... So do you believe that the eyes are the windows to the soul, and can any of you relate to what I have described in terms of looking into someone's eyes to get an impression of them?
edit on 23-7-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I also look people straight into the eyes when i meet them and i also pick up a "vibe". It tells me more about emotions that person has at the moment. It's easy to see if person is angry, sad, happy or something else. And according to emotions you can learn more about that person over the time you spend together.
But i must say that i never met person that felt "empty". Well i agree that some persons "emit" weaker vibe but there is always something, at least in my experience with people.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

I do relate and I have always been one to look someone in the eyes when I meet them and everytime I talk to someone.

IMO you can tell a lot about someone by looking them in the eyes. They always say, "the eyes never lie" and I agree. I can look someone in the eyes and tell how they feel. I can tell when someone is lying to me based on their eyes and how they look at me. It's a bit crazy I guess to look someone in the eyes and know how they feel. I can usually read someone the first time I meet them and it all depends on their eye contact. People who don't like to discuss certain topics or those who lie will not look you in the eye fully. It's crazy......

This whole looking at the soul through the eyes thing really got personal when I got semi serious with my bf. We have only been together about 5 months but he is the only guy I have ever been with who could look me in the eyes and tell me how he really feels. When he did that it freaked me out because I knew he meant it. He didn't look away or anything, he looked me dead in the eyes and said how he felt. This is the first time in 10 years I have ever had a relationship like this and it is really nice. I really do love that when he talks to me or expresses his feelings he looks me in the eye to do it.

I really do believe that the eyes say a lot about a person. I have also met one person who literally creeps me out. When Iook at him his aura is black and his eyes are blank....He is the only person I feel uncomfortable around. To me he is definitely off so to speak and if you knew him and his ways it would make you wonder too.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by dario86

Like I said, i met two senators and they just seemed empty. I didn't feel anything from them. Not saying they don't have a soul, but it kind of reminded me of a grumpy old man set in his ways.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I fell that if you dont look them straight in the eye but look off to the side and focus on their eye so that its a little out of focus you can pick up more and see past the light glare.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

I thought that the thread might enjoy this...

Sanpaku Eyes.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

That's so sweet! Yeah there was a girl like that, I would look into her eyes and get lost, i know that sounds cheesy but I was so transfixed by her eyes and her gaze that I couldn't look away.

I noticed that a lot of people didn't look her directly in the eyes (or not for long) so haha I think it creeped her out a bit, or she was at least a bit intimidated. Last I heard, she was avoiding me because she thought I was creepy lol.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I believe the soul enters the body the same way you stuff a chicken.

on another note. don't Japanese people rarely make eye contact?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

This religious cult, the Daists that I was associated with
had a spiritual discipline that you were always to look another person
in the eyes when talking to them.
When you are looking into another persons eyes you are
relating to them, when you talk to them without looking into
their eyes you are really only relating to yourself or Ego.
Scientologists have an exercise where you look into another
eyes as long as you can.
If you try and look into anothers eyes without relating to them,
it provokes the fear response, as separation is fear.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Well you obviously don't have a gift or there wouldn't be times when your wrong as you've stated you have been.

You probably just have gut feelings like everyone does and are assuming those feelings are some special perception which it isn't.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I absolutely agree eyes are windows to your soul. Unless you're a politician. Then your wallet appears to be a better candiate.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Even when i talk to animals they look at my eyes, i have wondered about this. It is not that the noise (voice) is coming from my eyes. I think the eyes say more than the mouth.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Some people have great eyes you could gaze into all day and be mesmerized by them while some people have eyes that you instinctively avoid maybe because they remind you of something you don't want to be reminded of. I gain an impression from someone even before our eyes meet and sometimes I don't want to meet that person's eyes so I don't.

So its not all in the eyes, nowhere near. Its the entire facial makeup that castes an impression and the eyes tend to grab centre stage but often its the slant of a persons mouth that gives them away or some other charactoristic plus body language. On their own the eyes aren't reliable indicators.

new topics

top topics

join