It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sucralose in non-diet soda.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Ever since the FDA started allowing artificial sweeteners to be hidden on labels under umbrella terms such as "natural flavors" or "artificial flavors" I have noticed a change in taste of name brand sodas. They just taste "diety" with the weird aftertaste noticed by non diet soda drinkers when they drink diet. Well I bought a 4 pack of shasta non diet pounders from the dollar tree today, and it tasted like diet. Low and behold there was sucralose listed as one of the ingredients as well as the normal corn syrup as sweeteners. At least this generic brand was more honest about the ingredients in there product. I have been trying to ween myself off of soda for a while now and end up having weak moments and relapsing, lol. This is going to be it for me, switching to koolaid for my sugary drink fix, at least with those little packets I can pick my own sweeteners.

Update: After looking around online for sucralose in non-diet soda, it is stated on shasta's wikipedia page it uses sucralose and corn syrup in its bottled drinks, and sucralose in its diet. I have however not found when they made this switch as I have bought there soda in the last few months and it did not contain any artificial sweeteners in its non-diet soda.
edit on 23-7-2011 by wiandiii because: for content

Update 2: The switch must have been recent, as the only mention of it being switched by shasta is a july 11 entry on a complaint website.
www.complaints.com...
edit on 23-7-2011 by wiandiii because: even more content

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Ive got 6 thread open on here right now hope to embed some info later about arty sweets.

i completely belive they are purposeful poisons for the whole scheme of things NWO/OWO related.

the stuff is just sickening no?

i weined myself off soda's for 4 years, then 6 months ago started hitting it hard again 2 cans a day

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
If you are making your own drinks, you can use Vegetable Glycerin as a sweetener. It's all natural, taste very sweet, and it doesn't affect your blood sugar.

You can use Stevia too, but that has a slightly odd aftertaste to a lot of people. A mix of Stevia and VG would probably work out well.

I don't understand why these natural non-caloric sweeteners aren't used more in diet, and non-diet sodas.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
If you are making your own drinks, you can use Vegetable Glycerin as a sweetener. It's all natural, taste very sweet, and it doesn't affect your blood sugar.

You can use Stevia too, but that has a slightly odd aftertaste to a lot of people. A mix of Stevia and VG would probably work out well.

I don't understand why these natural non-caloric sweeteners aren't used more in diet, and non-diet sodas.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

Thanks for the great info James1982, i have tried Stevia and didn't like the licorice like aftertaste, I will however check out the vegetable glycerin as an alternative. I have just been using raw sugar I buy from some hippies at a local farmers market, they are much cheaper than getting the name brand raw sugar at the big box grocer.

top topics

join