It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amy Winehouse Dies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Amy Winehouse has been found dead and joins the '27 Club.' I loved her last album and was hoping she'd get it together to release another. Coincidentally, her song, 'Tears Dry on Their Own' had been on my mind since I woke up this morning.

Nothing else to add apart from a couple of her videos. Feel quite sad about it...

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
edit on 23-7-2011 by BrianC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
honestly there are a million threads about this.
how about making a RIP board for all those kids killed on Utoya instead?
This place is no different from facebook sometimes....

Thread HERE
edit on 23-7-2011 by jonibelle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

There are near on a hundred dead in Norway although I can empathise with you because when Michael Jackson died (Supposedly) I actually cried a couple of times. I don't think Amy has done much for the music industry apart from make a few good songs and maybe stir up some controversy.

That being said, RIP.
(Prayers with the folk of Norway)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
And she stole Valerie from The Zutons, made it crappier, and then got a ton of money from it.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Dead at 27. Just like Hendrix, Joplin, Morrison. It's a shame she died so young. I was really hoping she would turn her life around and put out an album she could be proud of. Too bad. What a waste of talent

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by markrob23

I really wish the Jersey Shore cast would learn the error of their ways and make an excellent TV show in the future. But I wouldn't hold my breath.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Sorry couldn't resist and I have been waiting for the same post of a topic to go up!

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
call me cold hearted, but people get out of life what they put into it. Leave the Lost and Dead behind, but learn from their example. She is a victim of her own actions! now on to the next story!

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
nevermind
edit on 23-7-2011 by avatarded1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Hi....there is already a thread on Amy...started at 9:51AM today...I suggest you go into search before posting a thread.

The linK www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jonibelle

...really?

reply to post by TechUnique

There are near on a hundred dead in Norway although I can empathise with you because when Michael Jackson died (Supposedly) I actually cried a couple of times. I don't think Amy has done much for the music industry apart from make a few good songs and maybe stir up some controversy.

Yeah, I thought the same thing. I didn't post the thread in tears, just to mark her passing. I still think that album is one of the greats. What she did for the music industry is make them a ton of money...

Right now, some toerag is compiling a tribute CD for the shops on Monday.

reply to post by markrob23

Dead at 27. Just like Hendrix, Joplin, Morrison. It's a shame she died so young. I was really hoping she would turn her life around and put out an album she could be proud of. Too bad. What a waste of talent

The 27 Club keeps getting new members. I can't see Cobain and Morrison getting along lol. Janis and Amy probably would have a lot in common.

reply to post by BrianC

What does the C stand for in your name?

Just askin'

reply to post by caladonea

Thanks for that. It was constructive and useful.

The Hall Monitors of ATS are as welcome as they were in school.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

You are welcome!...I was just trying to be helpful.....in the past...this was also pointed out to me...cheers!...Peace out!

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrianC

Its because she wouldn't go to rehab, oh no no no.

That's not funny in the slightest. She only died a couple of hours ago now, have some respect would you.

Anyway, I don't want to de-rail your thread or anything Kandinsky, But things like that just shouldn't be said, especially so soon after someone died - and died prematurely might I add. It's not right.

EDIT: Just had a look at some of the videos in the OP as well. Great choices.
edit on 23-7-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

That is true and you have managed to make me feel a little bad about it. I was merely getting at the fact that she glamorized a dangerous and deadly lifestyle, influenced others to do the same through her music, and eventually lost her life more than likely from doing the things that she knew were dangerous. I wouldn't consider her to be a good person, not even close. For every 13 year old girl who listened to her worse songs and thought "wow this girl is awesome!", these are the ones that require sympathy. But you're right I shouldn't have joked about it and I am sorry.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by hapablab

Click here for more information.

Hi...I guess this says everything about what you posted...

I do feel said about Amy's passing...she was a wonderful talent!

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

I wouldn't worry about derailing, the train had already crashed.

The music was good and opinions about her character matter about as much as those for any singers and musicians.

When they're gone, they're gone and the memories and melodies are all that's left.

Thanks for your post

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonibelle

Thread HERE
edit on 23-7-2011 by jonibelle because: (no reason given)

Thread closed.

top topics

join