It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Anyone on ATS really believe Ron Paul Is NOT ur saving grace?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
So Living in Canada and being aware that America for the most part sets the pace for policy for Canadians it might be delayed a few years but we are next door buddies. Over the last few years in particular your country has sunk so low and its in my opinion that if Ron Paul isnt elected as president your done. Your going to turn into a third world country slowly but surly your going to be sucked dry by the bankers and your totalitarian government will look more like Nazi Germany. Its already pretty scary to see where you are and how fast your tumbling down.

So I am wondering how is it if anyone can look objectively at your politics and still play partisan games? There is no more right vs left it has been one puppet after another Obama your "peace prize winner" is a joke ad has started more wars and progressed the programs that were initiated by Bush Jr., some even before him. Your dollar has been devalued over 90% since the federal reserve was initiated. You have no more infrastructure, no real health care over 1/4 of your population on food stamps and wealth-fare. Your Police state is out of control and industrial military complex is rampant with no signs of stopping.

Can anyone refute the fact Ron Paul is your savior I doubt it.
edit on 23-7-2011 by tonyinawareness because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
IDK.. Im noit into the whole democrats and republicans thing.. should be neither,but from what i here, ron paul is right.. it all seems good almost eveything hes saying.... but also u gotta quit watching the news about what they tell you.. if teh dollar had decreased 90 percent im sure it be worse than it is now...
edit on 23-7-2011 by shadowreborn89 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-7-2011 by shadowreborn89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I am my own saving grace.

You can kill Paul tomorrow and it won't stop me. In fact, it would probably catalyze me into becoming even more active and outspoken.

So really, we should place our trust in ourselves and avoid falling into a 'cult of personality' with a politician.

Sure Paul has great philosophies, but so do I and so do you. This is our world too.

We need to lead ourselves, as following others always leads us off the cliff.

You are a one-man army. You are the elite soldier who was dropped behind enemy lines and it is up to you to shift the tides of the battle. Your efforts will be enough to tip the scales in our favor.

This comment is for anyone reading the thread and not the OP specifically.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
So much that I know he will never get elected, unfortunately, too much truth. So it goes with our system's corruption and greed. It's really too bad we are riding the downward spiral without getting off the ride, but we are chained to that ride and dependent on something we seem to have no control over. I don't have faith in voting on a national level anymore, so I just try and better manage my own life, and stay involved in local/city issues.
I know, people say we can change it, but so many are so distracted with making ends meet that any spare time we get, we want to unplug and ignore the reality. No, that is not right or good, but it's how it seems to be.

Disenchanted again...
spec

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by tonyinawareness
Can anyone refute the fact Ron Paul is your savior I doubt it.

Ron Paul isn't our "savior", but he is the best candidate for presidency that has come along in quite a long time. This country needs real change, and he is the only one running for president that can do it.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadowreborn89
if teh dollar had decreased 90 percent im sure it be worse than it is now...

Something you're failing to realize is that nothing happens overnight. The decline of the dollar takes time to move through the markets and down to the people.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by tonyinawareness

Ron Paul gives common sense perspective to the issues. Most politicians over think everything and over spend as well.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Well said... mostly true... but still this is ranting... not news

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
I am my own saving grace.

You can kill Paul tomorrow and it won't stop me. In fact, it would probably catalyze me into becoming even more active and outspoken.

Well what are you doing to help the situation? how much more digression would it take for you to realize to be outspoken now?

So really, we should place our trust in ourselves and avoid falling into a 'cult of personality' with a politician.

Your right we should trust our selves to rally behind a leader when he trying to win a race. Its not a cult its called politics how else do rally behind a leader?
Most poeple have forgotten that if a politician does wrong they can be voted out. There was once upon a time where people could re claim a representative.

Sure Paul has great philosophies, but so do I and so do you.

Yeah once again your right but what do you utilize your opinion?
I hope this didn't come across as crass or mean spirited just trying highlight how people have forgotten how to be held responsible for the world they create. I appreciate your input.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
So much that I know he will never get elected, unfortunately, too much truth. So it goes with our system's corruption and greed. It's really too bad we are riding the downward spiral without getting off the ride, but we are chained to that ride and dependent on something we seem to have no control over. I don't have faith in voting on a national level anymore, so I just try and better manage my own life, and stay involved in local/city issues.
I know, people say we can change it, but so many are so distracted with making ends meet that any spare time we get, we want to unplug and ignore the reality. No, that is not right or good, but it's how it seems to be.

Disenchanted again...
spec
i have to disagree... but if its rigged, or a rigged recount.. it might not ever happen... but i mean look at obama.. look how much he said would happen looks like some things didnt happen

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by R_Clark
Well said... mostly true... but still this is ranting... not news

This is general chit chat and wanted to see if anyone on ATS wouldn't vote for Ron Paul. I had gave my opinion on the situation to allow conversation to flow.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadowreborn89
but also u gotta quit watching the news about what they tell you.. if teh dollar had decreased 90 percent im sure it be worse than it is now...[

You didn't read my post thoroughly as I stated it was decreased over 90% since 1913 when the Fed was instated. In fact if you look at other countries throughout the world centralized banks have devastated other world economies.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
i beleive he is the only one who beleives he can fix the debt...........

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
but his son on the other hand,,,,,,is a screw up

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by avatarded1
i beleive he is the only one who beleives he can fix the debt...........

Not only fix the debt but also turn your country around from big government oppression, to also dismantle huge monopolies that are the corporations.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
The thing is, Ron Paul speaks a good line. I like what he says. Obama also spoke a good line, I liked what he said prior to the last election. Now look at what Obama has done. Very little of what he said AND he has continued along in Bush's footsteps.

If Ron Paul gets elected, I have to wonder what he will DO.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Obama never had any kind of good speak all he ever had was a presentation, it was more like a facade... He only ever pointed to problems and promised to fix them but he never knew how..... At least when I listen to Ron Paul he actually has very good insight into tackling these things, I'm more interested in a candidate with brains rather than a guy who puts on a show...........

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by tonyinawareness
Can anyone refute the fact Ron Paul is your savior I doubt it

The system itself is corrupt; it goes beyond whoever happens to be President. Ron Paul may be the "last best hope," but at the end of the day he is still a politician, and all successful politicians under the current system are masters of the Art of Compromise. They have to be. You either go along to get along, or you get to be an ex-politician.

If Ron Paul becomes president, one of two things will happen: A) He will modify his line and ditch his bold, wave-making ideas; or 2) He will be thwarted somehow. That's the way the system works. He can get away with with what he does as a Representative, but it would never fly with the system as a whole if he tried to implement his policies as President.

Since the system will not allow him to do as he says he will, he cannot be said to be a "savior." Just another politico -- albeit one with unusually high integrety. But is it enough to take on the whole system, even as President? Not on your life. I hate to say it, but I think Paul's ideas may end up following a trajectory similar to "Hope" and "Change"
edit on 7/23/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
sorry dbl post.
edit on 7/23/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Lose lose situation right? I don't know exactly what would happen if he got elected but It would be nice for a guy in office to get thwarted for trying to do the right thing, wouldn't it? I would rather see the next 10 presidents losing their jobs for trying to do the right thing, than watching 1 president conform to the wants of big business or whoever else is pulling the strings....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join