It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amy Winehouse died right before her comeback tour. So did Michael Jackson. Coincidence?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Just coincidence I think, although its taken alot of the attention away from the EU deficit, tragedy in Norway and the conflict in the middle east

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by CrankyPantsUK

Is your post supposed to be a "leave Britney alone" post?

Because that's how it sounds.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by greatpiino
No. She was a druggie, it's a miracle that she lived this long. Kids, don't do hard drugs. And don't get too drunk unless your local sports team has a big game.

Oh the hypocrisy

Funny you should say that since one of the most socially accepted drugs is in the Hard category, and some have issue acknowledging the fact that it is a Drug.

Don't worry, you won't get banned for promoting the use of a Hard drug, Alcohol is usually referred to in its own separate category anyway, excluding itself from the infamous Drugs category that we so despise!.

Mmm, sweet, aesthetically pleasing, liquid drug.

Deny Ignorance, but at the same time condemn mature discussions regarding Drugs!

Bravo ATS, bravo

edit on 23-7-2011 by Comet2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I dont think for a second that its some strange coincidence, I think its the act of an addict struggling and failing in Amys case; dont know about MJ.

She was talented and its a damned shame that she couldnt get herself together. That being said it hasnt been confirmed that drugs were the cause of death, more likely than not it was but at this point in time its all just speculation and conjecture.

I am wondering though if it was alcohol that was the problem. She had been on stage somewhere like Serbia in the past couple of months doing a gig and was booed as she stumbled and mumbled her way through a set. I cant remember if she actually left the stage or persisted in staying, but it was clear from reports that she was pished. Same as the reports that came from the Caribbean a couple of years back when she was supposedly getting her act together with drugs; seems that she had moved on from hard drugs to hard drinking.

As the grown child of a now dead alcoholic parent and friend of many dead heroin addicts, I've seen up close and personal how the choices these addicts make affect their nearest and dearest . Its heartbreaking in every conceivable way, especially for the family to watch their loved one slip away from them before death. Like any illness, you hope and pray that the addict can purge themselves of this addiction before its too late. At the end of the day I wouldnt wish anyone to go through what I went through and what so many other before me and after me will go through.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2012srb
reply to post by CrankyPantsUK

Is your post supposed to be a "leave Britney alone" post?

Because that's how it sounds.

Actually it DID sound like that!

Deleted that post!

No more beer for me!
edit on 23-7-2011 by CrankyPantsUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
hey, she was 27..

I guess celebrities with problems are drawn to dying at age 27.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Just because something was "said about" someone doesn't make it true.

I am sure a lot of people "have said" things about me that were not true.

So if I died all of the sudden at age 30 tomorrow, people would probably falsely believe and label my death automatically with disdain and ignorance too.

I don't want that to happen to me, so I will try to be open to any possibility and await a real investigation and autopsy reports before I will say with 100% certainty anything in a murder case about who is guilty or if no one is.

That's why it's ignorant. Ignorant means they didn't know it was proper procedure to collect evidence before believing 100% in something. We all make that mistake every day, I do too. Nothing wrong with it.

Embrace and respect our ignorance so that we can learn and progress beyond it.

Just because someone was claimed to have been a druggy at some point, does not automatically indicate that drug overdose was the cause of death. This could turn into a murder investigation in a heartbeat, and whoever the actual detectives on the scene are would know if there are any clues or not.

However the police rarely disclose specifics about ongoing investigations to interested parties like us on the Internet for obvious reasons. They don't want the potential suspects to know they are onto them, protect privacy, etc.

All I have seen all day is "She was a druggy who cares" as the main stream comment.

Look I have never even heard the ladies music and I doubt I'd want to, but whatever her past is does not automatically indicate what the cause of death was. And who here claims to know this person's real past anyways? The media hypes crap up and sensationalizes ESPECIALLY with celebrity gossip. Fact.

I think everyone rushed to judgement that it was a drug overdose without even considering the possibility her mate could have killed her over domestic issues, she committed suicide with a toaster in the bathtub, or it was merely a freaking gas leak and she suffocated in her sleep. Seriously it could have been anything.

But since we are on ATS, it is always fun to throw in the whole "art always seem to sell better when the artist dies prematurely" as well. It's a common adage/maxim.
edit on 23-7-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

. . . but whatever her past is does not automatically indicate what the cause of death was.

Indeed, it does not. But chances are exponentially higher that the cause of death can be known by a persons past, especially if the past is a reckless oen

If you know someone who drives like a maniac, and you hear they die, it is assumed it was in a car wreck.

Same issue. No one knows at this point, but it is quite safe to make the assumation based on past actions.

You know someone who and who here claims to know this person's real past anyways?

So she did not know her own past.
She talked about it all the time.

Eit to add: I may have jumped the gun . . .

--Singer Amy Winehouse has checked out of the treatment program in London she entered about a week ago.

The 27-year-old's spokesman Chris Goodman said Thursday that Winehouse is now looking forward to touring Europe this summer and is "raring to go."

She will continue to be seen as an outpatient at the Priory Clinic, which offers treatment for a range of psychiatric problems, as well as drug and alcohol addiction. Goodman did not specify why Winehouse was there.

Winehouse checked into the treatment facility on May 25. A source close to the "Rehab" songstress told People magazine that it was her father that encouraged her to seek help. Link--

So either something happened that she had no control over, or she jumped back into the game.

edit on 7/23/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Coincidence? - yeah - probably.

Thought I'm sure the stress of the upcoming comeback tours (for both) may have caused them to ..ummm.. do more of certain things than they usually did.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
A sad day indeed for the Klingon Empire.

Second line.

Also, sorry for potentially tasteless humor, but I could not resist.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Stop making these threads. Junkies only do one thing really, really well, and thats death.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I think the disrespect that people show towards the dead. Weather it may be someone you like or don't. Is disgusting. And honestly its ok if you don't care is use died. I personally think there is more important things happening in the world that we need to fix. But some people really do not have any decency.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by relpobre000
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

It was probably a coincidence. Both were addicted to drugs and both had the money to fuel their sundry habits. It's a shame that a young woman has died and my heart goes out to her family. I think the most interesting part of the situation is that she joined the infamous '27 Club'.

The poor girls gone "back to black". I know the girl had her vices (understatement i know) but i cant jump on the "she was a druggie so she deserved it" bandwagon. It saddens me terribly to see a talented person lose theyre life like that. i dont think we should make judgments, we dont know the depths of despair she may have had in her personal life.
I can remember a couple of weeks ago reading in the paper, some chap, (might have been a friend of hers) saying for gods sake someone take this kid into hand.
Why wasnt she being looked after, i dont know, sectioned perhaps, cos she certainlyeas a danger to herself. I can remeber when her dad Mitch WInehouse brought out his own reality tv show, if i remember rightly hed take passengers in his taxi cab and try and sort of theyre problems, pity he didnt for his daughter.
Im sorry to say if that was my daughter, firstly id give her a tongue lashing and then not leave her sight for years if that is what it takes.
I hate to cynical but i dont the record companies give a monkeys about theyre artists, theyre probably rubbing theyre hands together at the thought of all the posthumous record sales theyre gonna make.
Im reallly not this cynical normally, but EVERYONE could see this happening, and LET IT HAPPEN.
On a lighter note (if this at all appropriate), thought, if there is a heaven and i get there, I bet the 27 club willl put out the greatest gig on earth.
God bless ya Amy Winehouse, i hope it doesnt hurt anymore

edit on 23-7-2011 by thedoctorswife because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustinSee
Stop making these threads. Junkies only do one thing really, really well, and thats death.

Unless you have lived it it is hard to understand. I fell sorry for her parents an loved one's. If this was one of your relatives would you be so unfeeling?

Being a junkie sucks it is a very hard and lonely life. Guilt,anxiety,shame just to name a few. Thankfully some do make it to the other side and are reborn. And a rebirth is exactly what it is the addiction strips everything you were away.

If kids are reading this drugs are fun until the minute you cant stop. And the scary thing is you never know when that might be.

So to all the harsh people on this post remember this was someones daughter. Rest in peace Amy.
edit on 23-7-2011 by Subjective Truth because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-7-2011 by Subjective Truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Jackson was killed 3 days before Summer Solstice in order for the elite to get joy off the pain of millions. Same goes for Princess Diana. The elite bloodlines feed off our grief.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dron020

I think you will find it is the way people live that earns respect. Why should someone get respect just for dying ??

It is an inevitable bodily function ( or non-function in this case ) Same as getting born, going to the toilet, eating or giving birth.

You do not get a medal for any of those things for a reason. They deserve no automatic respect.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
I think it's more of a coincidence she's joined the 27 club.

en.wikipedia.org...

Such a shame. What a talented girl,
edit on 23-7-2011 by wigit because: (no reason given)

yep, I agree. it is a shame.

RIP

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

Sad but i guess you never know. And if so i bet we will never know the truth.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
R.I.P it would be ironic because she died in her house if she died of a drug overdose possibly coc aine contributed by wine. Im not making fun of this situation in anyway but stranger things have happened, she was killed off because she was failing to bring in the money (looking at her last concert footage) her popularity was falling and she couldent meet the criteria so she was worth more dead to pay off debt then alive.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

I meant people keep turning it into a conspiracy and its annoying. I DO know what its like to be a junkie, and you know what they do really, really well? They die. You didn't understand my post at all, and the thread was turning Amy's "situation", initially, into conspiracy theory
edit on 24-7-2011 by JustinSee because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join