It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Big To Fail?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
So we got these leaders that thought the banks couldn't be allowed to fail and we should all take a loan to make sure it didn't happen.
Now, the same leaders are saying it's OK to let the country fail???
Do I got that right?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Yeah, just about.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Personally, I believe that this is all "street theater" meant to harrass and intimidate us into complicity. But to your point...............

OH THE IRONY!

Stars and flags, my friend.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
The banks are stealing the nation. The Federal Reserve gave out $16 Trillion to other banks, that is the same as the US National Debt. You nation would be even if it was not for the banks. Now everything get privatised as the banks have all the money. Just to rub it in, they charge the nation interest on the money they stole. Pure evil.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I opposed and still oppose the whole "too big to fail" concept. Government should not be bailing out private businesses. If their business model does not work, let them crash and burn. Then they can start over, or someone better can come along and do what they could not.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by donlashway

Its worse than that. The banks are too big to fail so we bail them out and the banks that are healthy use the cash to buy up banks that have weak balance sheets, often assisted by the FDIC under the notion of deposit security. Now we have fewer banks and they are significantly larger than what we had before!

And what happend to all of that regulatory reform that the congress was to put in place, namely Chris Dodd and Barney Frank? Dodd has his nonsensical, do nothing bill, but no real reforms are even being proposed. the entire business is a joke.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Optimally, Western Society's best option would be to give the finger to the bankers and say "we arnt paying you a dime. In fact, WE are seizing YOUR assets, and hanging you all in gibbets and letting you starve to death as a public spectacle."

To bad thatll never happen though... /sigh. The proles are too busy fighting over pots and pans to care.
edit on 23-7-2011 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-7-2011 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
the us government is the most corrupt "too big to fail" organization that exists in the world.

hence the push to bail themselves out yet agian push the cost yet agian on the taxpayer.

it promises too much delievers nothing so it should fail.

edit on 23-7-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join