It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astronomers Find Largest, Most Distant Reservoir of Water

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Two teams of astronomers have discovered the largest and farthest reservoir of water ever detected in the universe. The water, equivalent to 140 trillion times all the water in the world's ocean, surrounds a huge, feeding black hole, called a quasar, more than 12 billion light-years away.

www.jpl.nasa.gov...

The prospects of life out there certainly seems more plausible with every discovery.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaAgent

thanks for the post....good luck getting to the bottom of that watering hole

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Vapored water is located arround the black hole, wich probably means that the water is being sucked towards the center of the black hole and then ejected from white hole. Soon after there will be no more water at that location.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fichorka
Vapored water is located arround the black hole, wich probably means that the water is being sucked towards the center of the black hole and then ejected from white hole. Soon after there will be no more water at that location.

Where on earth did the article say anything about a white hole? It sounds like you don't know much about black holes. They don't suck things at all. It's something extremely small with the mass of roughly the sun or sometimes much more. It's a little 'thing' in space with an enormous density. The only reason it's called a black hole is because there is lots and lots of gravitational force. So much that even light cannot escape (that's why it is called black). So no, it doesn't 'probably mean' it's being ejected from a white hole. As far as I know genuine white holes aren't even proven to exist? they're completely hypothetical. The only white "hole" I can think of off of the top of my head is . . well the sun!
edit on 23-7-2011 by RightInTwo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by RightInTwo
The only reason it's called a black hole is because there is lots and lots of gravitational force.

Well the gravity itself attracts all the matter! Everything has its gravity, but dark hole have much stronger gravity ratio so I think it actually "suck things... I might be wrong

The only white "hole" I can think of off of the top of my head is . . well the sun!

Yes, me too... Allright Let's say the sun is the white hole and the white hole ejects everything that black hole sucks. It makes perfect sense since this black hole we are talking about sucks water right? Soo water = H2O consists of Hydrogene wich is is ignitable (used for rocket fuel) and oxygen (that supports combustion). Hydrogene and oxygen passes into the white hole (center of the sun) There you go sun's fuel source comes from the inside!

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Fichorka

That's a pretty good speculative guess, and it would be a good theory if astrophysics and didn't exist. . and if there wasn't research that proved you wrong. But nah

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaAgent

I don't think it's very habitable to be close to a black hole, ionized water or not.

top topics

join