It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I love my body; do you?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juran

Originally posted by Dr Cosma
I cant stop looking at my self in the mirror.
Does that count?

You have a point though, look after your body, that's a good thing.
I love my body too much, go through 10 bottles of baby oil a week

Well, you know loving your body and pampering to it are two different things. Sounds like you are spoiling yourself rotten . I could be a little envious, I'm not sure. I'll get some oil and find out. 10 bottles you say?

Dont put any on the soles of your feet, especially if you have laminate flooring or something like that.
Unless you wana do the moonwalk, of cos.

Only joking mate heheh.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Silo...great post. As for me, If it must be a house, I can say that I spend more time in certain rooms than in others and as a result..as with any house...neglect can lead to fall apart. Im battling my way through some issues atm and it has taught me the importance of maintenance and proper care. Things like scars, stretch marks...meh, I earned them. I was able to create some people. .....thats no small matter, and genetics essentially dictates my build so I cant get too mad about that either. I do, however, wish to be my most effective self and at this point my house in in need of repair...but I am enthusiastic about the process. I learned a while back that happiness is internal and sometimes you literally need to get over yourself if you ever want any sort of harmony within.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by Juran

I love my body; do you?,

Send us a picture and we will tell you....

purplemer hi, nice of you to suggest I send a pic but you probably arn't ready for that kind of reality shock

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

Either way neither make sense.
It makes no sense to me either, which is why I asked for clarification.

It is absurd to assume that the soul only has one home. Clearly , when the 'healthy' soul departs it has somewhere else to go.
Since this is so clear, you should not have any difficulties proving that it is absurd.

Show me clearly, what it is that makes this an absurd notion.

You stated it, and now I am saying prove it.

Why should I presume that you have any? Sense that is.
A direct verbal attack??
That's not very nice. If I was you, I would edit that out.

BrokenCircles,
Starting from the bottom no it wasn't a verbal attack. you would know if it was. I was just questioning your ability to make sense of your arguments. To me personally it is certainly absurd to assume that the soul has no options once it departs this world but this wouldn't make sense to you if you don't believe you are a soul. I don't have to prove it. It is for you to agree or disagree and you disagree obviously yet you offer no reasons why you disagree. But you don't have to, I would not press you. To me it is self evident that a healthy soul, when it is forced to leave the body is called to return to its other 'home' in a similar way that a migrating bird is 'called' to fly south in the winter. I don't think you will know what I am talking about.
edit on 29/09 by Juran because: spelling

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Yeah great post silo. It doesn't matter what state my body is in I can still make it my own. Its the only one I have here on Earth so why not make the most of it? Someone was to offer me a ramshackle old house and I had nowhere else to live I wouldn't turn it down I would set to work to make it the kind of home that I can be happy in because it would be mine, all mine, to do with as I choose. Why would I choose to hate and despise it? Why would I live in it if I hated it? It is the happy soul that has made peace with the body that shelters and protects it. Its sad that so many people don't see this,

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I've learned in my life not to get too attached to my body and to see it for what it is; a frail and flawed shell that only lasts so long, so why should i love such a temporary thing?
If it were possible i'd gladly exchange it for a new one, heck i'd even go cyborg if it were offered.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
almost all of the reactions here shock and sadden me. You aren't a very likeable bunch. You don't have bodies... you just have ego's.

Only a few people here respect their mortal core. It is the sum of everything you know, think and feel. Your body is your outlook on life. It is your choice to hate the things you see, even if it is some garbled notion of self.

You all have a bunch of concepts that allow you to scorn yourselves, but it's a faithless gesture. You must have absorbed some faith and then rejected it to be able make opinions and discriminate about the worth of your body.

All these thoughts have no purpose. If anything it's just an excuse. In fact, I don't buy it. All of the comments that talk about hating your own body are lies - you don't actually hate yourself. This is immature.. Why do you bother eating, leaving the house, or even getting up, no. You are just sucking energy off people and your excuses are empty words. Claiming to be a victim alleviates personal responsibility.

Seriously people, nobody can like you or even trust you now. Do you care? Does it make you hate your body more, lol?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
i have a theory. if you've had a nice life, you'll probably answer in the affirmative. if you've had a less than fulfilling one, then it doesn't matter what body you're in, as you've missed out on what life is about, being happy.

"my body" is synonymous with your life here and now. how could it not be? its the conduit through which the soul experiences life. so when you ask "do you love your body?", you're actually asking "do you love your life?"

everyone has their ups and downs, but there is a degree of normalcy that is expected. (and yes i realize that generally people set their own expectations of life) though even in poor places, life can be happy and worth living, or it can be miserable.

a finite existence gives the coming infinite existence perspective. in other words, this place and your experience here is geared to teach you what you need to learn.

as for me, i fall in the latter category. my life story shares common elements with many here, but it isn't really important.
edit on 23-7-2011 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

Bob, hi

I thought you were going okay with your post until I reached the last bit where you said your life story isn't important. If it isn't important then it is meaningless so why bother living it out? Do you stay around because you believe you ain't got no choice so you just groan your way through a pointless existence? Surely not.

Living in peace and love with your body will insulate and protect you from the uglier realities of physical existence so that you can experience the wonders of it all unshackled by fear and hatred. That's if you want to.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Do I love my body with the pain I feel from arthritus, and from an accident a few years ago and my recently diagnosed breast cancer? No. No I do not.

Our physically bodies are merely shells in which our souls reside. They are but temporary vessels.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I love my body, but there're some things I can't fix. I love everyone. I love the planet. I love the lifeforms. I love the cosmos. I love aliens. But life is hard sometimes. Sometimes it's too real. I don't believe in an afterlife. I see old pictures of people I once knew that are no longer alive. Their bodies are now bones and leftovers. They inhabit my mind, though. Sometimes I dream about them. I can see people aging and I know they'll die. I know I'll die. I know that all seven billion people alive today will die. I know that billions of humans have died. Life is bitersweet. You have to get what you get out of it while you're still alive. And heaven? The only heaven we're going to get is in this life. There's no second chance. It's here. It's now. Now or never.

I like to think that you are me and I am you and that differences are illusion. I love everyone.
edit on 24-7-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by bowtomonkey

Personally no i dont hate myself and i bet others who share my opinion on our bodies dont either, but i and others have merely stated "no, i dont love my body" not "i hate myself" so dont go implying your own meaning in others words.

its like god to a christian, they go to church but do they see it burn down and say "look god is dead"? no, of course not; they look for a new church or rebuild it and continue believing.

i see it this way, when your body becomes a prison how can you love it? i feel its only a shell for my mind, soul, whatever you want to call it but my body is not who i am.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I used to love my body...but over the last few months I've gained about 20 lbs and went from a good strong 180 to 200 lbs. I've got a decent amount of muscle but my recent weight gain has made me look a little on the flabby side.

Oh well, I'd rather be a little thick than a skinny girly man.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

I don't know you but i love you. I think most people here love you and care a lot about each other. Why would we try to keep everyone informed if we didn't care

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
For one, I'm black and I hate myself as a human in general.
My race is a whole other topic.
I am not supposed to love myself anyways. Let alone anybody else love me! Now that is a joke. I hate my body even more, I should be a size 6 not a 10-12. My left arm is the thing I hate most; probably it's the long scar from when I slid the knife across. That was redemption for me. But this is life, and I can't do a damn thing about it! C'est la vie!

edit on 23-7-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

We all go through stages where we reject the body that we are in. Punish it, find relief through it, or escape to other realms away from it. But you get used to it, eventually, it took me a long time. And like you I have the self-inflicted scars to prove it, but they'll fade too eventually. I'm 40 next year, and I can't wait. Getting older provides incredible perspective, and I look forward to growing very old, very disgracefully. Make up for all that angst I wasted my youth on.

You'll find your way, if you look for it and learn to make yourself happy. I don't pretend that it is easy, but no one can really like you until you like you.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
Do I love my body with the pain I feel from arthritus, and from an accident a few years ago and my recently diagnosed breast cancer? No. No I do not.

Our physically bodies are merely shells in which our souls reside. They are but temporary vessels.

Night Star, hi

Thanks for your post. I was wondering; if you gave birth to a disfigured and weak child would you still love it? Most mothers would and I suspect you would too. Well your body is no different because it is just as worthy of your unconditional love, it is no less innocent and it is no less dependent upon you. If it pains you and if it is dying then love it all the more.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

Hi jonnywhite,

you say you know this, you know that, but really you know nothing about what matters. You won't even take the time or effort to check out for yourself if God exists or not, you are just going with the flow. Its all too hard for you. That's okay its your choice but I am glad you are reading this kind of stuff, it has to be good for you.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   

edit on 24-7-2011 by helplesswatcher1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by namehere

i see it this way, when your body becomes a prison how can you love it? i feel its only a shell for my mind, soul, whatever you want to call it but my body is not who i am.

I can see our difference in opinion about body confidence of general satisfaction, but the few things that are used to describe the body are not all of it. Like I said your body is all you know. Also the concept of a soul is the product of your body.

I accept that having issues with health problems doesn't in itself mean that you hate yourself, but that to me is because you choose to distinguish the 'self'' from the body. I don't believe that my "body" is fully descriptive of the life force that compels me, but I can never mention a time when any of my thoughts or feeling were anything but a product of my body.

That's what shocks me. How can't people realise that they only experience life through their body and all the concepts that suggest they are more, are also a product of their body?

This is 101 getting to know yourself. We are enormously powerful and it's only the limitations that we add to our ego's that prevent us from growing.
edit on 24-7-2011 by bowtomonkey because: late

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
"not important" as in "i'm not going to post it here". as i said, it similar to what others have said.

i don't think life is meaningless, everything has "meaning" even if its painful. i don't have an answer for you as to why i continue.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join