It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Bald, Mangy Mystery Animal Found, Elroy, Wisconsin.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Another one of these mangy, bald mystery creatures has been found in Juneau County , Wisconsin...

Source:www.channel3000.com...

Pics:www.channel3000.com...

On his drives throughout the county, Juneau County highway worker Jeff Potter said he comes across countless dead wildlife. But he said he's never come across anything quite like the creature he found dead along Highway 71 in the city of Elroy on Monday morning.

"It's completely hairless -- almost like leather," Potter said.
"It has a canine-like head and a fox- or dog-type head. The rear legs are coon-like. The tail is almost like an opossum."
Potter, who is an avid hunter and outdoorsman, was left speechless. And he's not alone.

"At first, I just thought it was a small piglet," said Chuck Huschka, who saw the creature alive, running across his property in May. He said he only got a quick look before the mystery critter bolted. "I have no idea what it is," Huschka said. "I've never seen anything like it in my life."

These things are being found more and more frequently. Just three days ago teenager, Carter Pope claims to have shot one in Texas...

Source:gawker.com...

Pope woke up in his home near San Antonio, Texas last Sunday to the sight of a hairless, grey creature moving slowly across his backyard. "That's a chupacabra," thought Carter before grabbing a rifle and firing three deadly shots at the animal. So did Carter really kill a chupacabra...

He was on Jimmy Kimmel on the 20th

The first time one of these was found dead several years ago I thought it was pretty weird even if it was a dog or coyote with sarcoptic mange but this is getting ridiculous.

What's up with sudden glut of bald, mangy mystery animals?
edit on 23-7-2011 by Frater210 because: Carter Pope on Youtube

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Not an expert of course, but the first thing that coems to mind is maybe MAYBE genetic mutations due to pollution or something, probably interbreeding species or... I just don't know...

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
It looks almost like a skinned raccoon......

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
genetic research experiments that have escaped from thier cages above the underground labs in New Mexico lol

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Oops! Nevermind, someone posted the video already.
Edit.
edit on 7/23/11 by AstroBuzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

With the post title I was expecting a picture of Rupert Murdoch.
Looks quite like a wallaby of sorts.

edit on 23-7-2011 by nake13 because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I'll go with a wild dog with Sarcoptic mange

Also known as canine scabies, sarcoptic mange is a highly contagious infestation of Sarcoptes scabiei canis, a burrowing mite. The canine sarcoptic mite can also infest humans (scabies), cats, pigs, horses, sheep and various other species. These mites are in the family Sarcoptidae. They dig into and through the skin, causing intense itching and crusting that can quickly become infected. Hair loss and crusting frequently appear first on elbows and ears. Skin damage can occur from the dog's intense scratching and biting. Secondary skin infection is also common. Dogs with chronic sarcoptic mange are often in poor condition.
wiki

The picture is a little disturbing

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mugger

yes it's gross but most people wouldn't miss-identified it, it still looks like a dog.Especially when these people are the no nonsense type who can tell the difference between a mangy dog and a coyote and something they have never seen before(ranchers,farmers,hunters).These are people that have lived in the area for their whole lives and know the local critters....personally I think it's an unknown,a crossbreed, or an animal is not native to the u.s.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

it looks like a giant shaved rat to me

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
It looks like how the dog in my avatar would look if it had a bad case of mange. I've seen dogs like mine without much fur and that's about what they looked like. Take all the fur off of my dogs tail and it would look like the pictured animals tail.

At least once a day, I have someone ask if my dog is a fox.
edit on 23-7-2011 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Oh yes, lets just put 3 bullets into anything that moves and doesn't look human. My dog is looking funny at me, 3 to him. How about afterwords we just go on a hunt to find all of the worlds endangered animals and put as many bullets in them as we need to, stand over their bodies and take a gleeful picture to remember the moment. I'll start with pandas.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by insanedr4gon

I hear what you are saying.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Definitely interesting that's for sure, It does LOOK like a 'chupacabra' however I'm not entirely sure I can say that it would be or not, Since I cant get a good look at it's teeth, Typically speaking the 'Goat Eater' as some refer to it as, Has fangs for teeth to 'suck the blood' from the goat

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
0:42 into the video is a good ventral view of the animal. Looking at the paws, there is no possibility that this is canine or feline. The best assumption I can make is that it's an alopecic raccoon. The major objection posed in the video is that the ears are too large, but I found an image of a similar animal (identified as a raccoon) with ears of comparable size.

www.belgraviacentre.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

It hasn't been skun. I used to be a Butcher & know that skun animals don't look like that.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mugger

I think that this is the best guess at what these creatures are. Maybe they are coyotes or even cross breeds of different canine animals with mange.
edit on 1-8-2011 by mordok9 because: fixed spelling

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I am going to have to go with the dog with mange theory on this one it looks almost identecial to the feral dog that another poster put the link to

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
So now dead dogs get their own very special threads! Awesome! Come to the third world and you'll get to see lots of these so called "mystery animals".

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
its a giant rat.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Looks very much like a mangy Raccoon to me

new topics

top topics

join