It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Casey Anthony, this ones good!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
So, I started a thread a while back just after the Casey Anthony verdict about a prediction of what might happen to her, well, currently her whereabouts are unknown publicly which kindof supports my prediction.
I'll find a link to this thread when I have time, right now I'm on my phone and its not all that easy to successfully copy and paste.

this thread is to ask a civil law question about what could be done if my prediction comes true.

so, basically, I would like to know what, if anything, could be done in civil court if Casey or her family is harmed. if Casey was killed or attacked could her family take any of the news organizations to court to sue for damages caused. I ask this because it could be concluded that these news organizations hold some liability based on the overaired footage of this case. I would especially think that shows like Nancy grace could be held highly liable because the show host clearly expresses a negative view of Casey on her show. this also goes if Casey's family or friends are attacked or harassed.

so it would be nice to get a legal analysis of a possible case such as this as well as your opinion of whether this should be done. my opinion is that if something like this was to happen the biased opinion expressing networks should be taken to court. I believe this because the viewership is high and the show host may present biased evidence to viewers which could sway their opinion and possibly behavior related to such cases. I also believe this could be used as an example case to show news organizations that their biased broadcasting can be held responsible for damages. a case like this may also prevent such enormous quantities of the same biased coverage.

I also believe that any case should be held from media broadcast until trial completion to avoid ruining the reputation of individuals that may not have actually committed any crime. this way the public has no knowledge of the case prior and therefore juries could be selected more eeasily because they can't hide bias if they have been given the opportunity to develope bias. This would also prevent job loss due to only accusation, jobs should only be revoked if the crime is severe enough and a verdict/conviction is reached. (This paragraph is not intended to refer to Casey Anthony)

I hope I didn't forget anything, and please excuse spelling mistakes and strange words that don't seem to fit, again, I'm on my phone (it has a horrible text prediction program and doesn't seem to recognize many common words.) Thank you.

Note to Modz, I put this in politicians and people because its kindof political (laws are part of politics) and Casey and her family/friends are people, I didn't know if there is a law forum. If necessary, please relocate.
edit on 22-7-2011 by DarkSarcasm because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-7-2011 by DarkSarcasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I think my other post would be more relevant for this thread.

Originally posted by BeyondPerception
Will this now let us coin the phrase 'Murder by Media'?

With the 24/7 coverage over the past several weeks, and various coverage over the past years, I don't think she stands a chance, wherever she may go.

As I've said the entire time... Whatever the verdict is, she's screwed.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
IN AMERICA YOU WILL BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE TO YOUR ACTIONS. REGARDLESS IF IT IS PUBLICIZED IN THE MEDIA OR PRIVATE.

Freedom of information/Speech.
No to answer your question, they would not be held liable. And while I feel some may be prejudged in the media, SHE was not. No it is not fair that the media can say whatever they want, put your business out there, and we all know the news lies. But we are free to say what we want about whomever.

Not to stray off topic......
I for one am glad she is SCREWED. I believe her guilty and followed every inch of the case and as a juror, I WOULD NOT have been able to convict her either. THERE WAS NOT ENOUGH PROOF. So I believe she deserves what she gets. Just like the Nancy Graces of the world.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkSarcasm

i agree totally. the media should stop inflincing the masses. this whole case seemed like propaganda. id be in hiding too. i was involved with a high profile case at one time. my family had to move, it ruined my life t the time i was only 15. the person's involved all got first degree murder charges including my 13 year old brother who the media claimed was the mastermind. all of that was lies. the guys who actually did it was in te army and over 21. excuse the type os im on a cell phone too.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by bestof83this whole case seemed like propaganda.

No question about it. It was nothing more than a distraction of current events and some brainwashing.

The fact that our country could potentially turn upside-down at any moment is not really common knowledge, but details and evidence of the Casey Anthony case is. Also, any mention of this is nothing to really get upset about, but mention the name Casey Anthony and people's blood begins to boil.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

I think my other post would be more relevant for this thread.

Will this now let us coin the phrase 'Murder by Media'?

With the 24/7 coverage over the past several weeks, and various coverage over the past years, I don't think she stands a chance, wherever she may go.

As I've said the entire time... Whatever the verdict is, she's screwed.

This quote has almost nothing to do with what this thread is about, however, it does fit well with my prediction thread that I posted either the day of or the day after the verdict.

On another note I agree that she is most likely guilty, however, I have seen plenty of news stories that have gotten innocent people fired from their jobs. In fact, I have a friend that was found with her mothers pain medication in bar glove compartment, she keeps a few there so if her and her mother are out and mother begins to feel a migraine she has them, just in case. Now when the newspaper listed the arrest and charges she was fired from her job. Eventually the trial made it to court and the charges were dropped. She was never offered her job back. In my opinion these types of cases happen all to often. It's completely against our rights based on the fact that our justice system is supposed to hold the view innocent until proven guilty, but it seems to be the case that their view is actually guilty until proven innocent or plausible doubt is accomplished.

Not only that but showing biased information about an individual is a crime. It called slander (voiced) or libel (written), therefore any news org that took a side or presented information in a misleading manner has committed these crimes. When these crimes begin to cause "damages" of any kind the author/speaker can be held liable, when this person is supported by a large corporation and the statement/documents are presented nationally on a venue owned by this corporation and the company continues support these hosts/shows then that company can also be held partially accountable.

Here's something else.......

If the media didn't broadcast this case so much Casey would not have been able to afford that huge defense team she had. Most of them probably volunteered to work this case for the publicity. If your a defense attourney then when everyone knows your name you'll get more clients. If you win then you'll get huge positive publicity which will bring huge client numbers as well as a higher price tag.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkSarcasm

So you want privately held court,so people don't know whats going on?So the law can and will do anything to you?.

Whatever happens to Casey,wouldn't be Nancy Grace's fault,even though she's slightly over the top in no way has she ever advocated violence to Casey or the Anthony family.The media has every right to talk about this case and any other case.It's our right.What ever happens to Casey A,she has brought this whole thing on herself,that is a fact of life that seems to be lost on this generation,to take responsibility for your actions.Regardless if she killed Caylee or someone else did the child was in her care she was responsible for her well being and as a responsible loving parent you report any accident immediately,not 31 days later,and then lie about it??... Let me say I would rather have Nancy Grace talk about me,rather than secret trial proceedings...no thank you

top topics

join