It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Billionaire Bans Christmas at Westfield Shopping centre in Oz?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Sorry for initial blank post but have hit th eirksome enter key in title by mistake I apologise.

Iam not 100% certain this is corect , I heard it on the John Laws morning radio show in Australia .

Could it be true?

Why would christmas be banned ie carols and nativity scenes ect at Westfield shopping malls?

I know little of the Billionare in question a certain Frank Lowy other than he is super rich and owns many things acrosss many nations?

I believe he is Jewish? but that should be irrelevant , to this decision if its true?

Is it because it offends non christians ?

I thought Muslims and Jewish,Hindu immigrants knew this was a nation founded on Christian principles and beliefs before they took up the better life here?

Iam personally disgusted if this is true.

Like millions of others I used to love carol singing and nativity scenes.

Can someone verify this? it is hard to find on web.
edit on 22-7-2011 by Dr Expired because: forgot not to hit enter key in title

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Not sure about why they banned it,
it will be too soon to conclude ,that it offends other religions.
Lets wait and see how it plays out

edit on 22-7-2011 by SubjectHero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Let him ban it. I'll still happily whistle Christmas carols as I buy more plastic Westfield rubbish.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

He's probably an atheist.

I guarantee christmas sales will win out over offended muslims any day.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

Well apparently not in parts of Sydney Muslims are the majority shoppers.
I guess I can understand Jesus offending the Jews and Muslims, pity about those who were baptised in his name though.
Sorry folks Jesus offends these people you were baptised in a fakers name according to them thats why they are offended by the carols and nativity scenes...they believe he is just a man , not the son of God.

Therefore Lowy has imposed Judean belief onto the millions of Christian Aussies?

Since we cannot automatically become Jews , I guess he wants us all to become Muslims?

And that is probably close to the truth.

Muslims and Jews are closer in ideaology than we think.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Shopping centres tend to use this to manipulate people into buying more than they want to, so I'm fine with it.

At least credit card debt won't be so bad at the beginning of next year.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

I see.

We don't have that problem in America TBH.

Christmas is big bucks here.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I say BAN IT. Well at least the Christmas that it has become. it is a farce, no one happy but a few kids who got xboxes. Christmas is not religious. Its not Christs birthday. It has something to do with Cesar so I say ban it.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
I say BAN IT. Well at least the Christmas that it has become. it is a farce, no one happy but a few kids who got xboxes. Christmas is not religious. Its not Christs birthday. It has something to do with Cesar so I say ban it.

And so say all of us , yes lets ban Christ mass and bow down to the self appointed chosen, who will lead us to serve .

My ancestors had their beliefs wiped out by the Roman and Imeprialistic monks , who by the sword and bribery imposed a middle eastern self serving religion onto Europe.

Now we are told its all false ...offensive to the true believers, we are the dead?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

actually Christians and Muslims have much more in common than Christians and Jews.
Muslims accept Jesus and the bible as holy. Jews reject all but the Talmud..first 5 books of the old testament, and reject jesus as a false prophet.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
One Jew complained to the Sea-Tac International Airport about a christmas tree being on display and now christmas is banned inside of the airport.

It only took one complaint.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

I meant more on the historical racial angle so my error.
I have spoken to Lebanese muslims who have told me that they are almost considered brothers.
Anyway the original purpose of this thread was to examine autocracy in shaping the future of Australia.
Muslims are allowed very publicly to practice and display their faith, yet christians are banned from certain workplaces if they wear a cross or crucifix.
Muslims can wear their turbins , jews their hats , all identifiable to their faith, yet christians cannot wear the cross or crucifix as it offends those who believe he was a faker.
Ask Mel Gibson what his movie about the crucifixion brought on his head.
I respect Lowy for the job he has done with Australian Soccer, but I do not respect this decision if its true.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

Lol, I doubt he got that rich by having principals & morals........

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SubjectHero

I dont believe it offends other religions, We always hear that it offends other religions, but then never ask any of those religions how they feel about it.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Realistically Christmas in Australia has nothing to do with Christianity.

Most Christians in Australia don't even go to church on Christmas, its all about Santa Claus, getting the family together for a feast, having a day off work and drinking too much.

ALL civilisations do this in one form or another

As an atheist I don't believe in the Christian god so why should I be discriminated against by not being able to buy alcohol on Xmas day? It is actually against the law to sell alcohol on Xmas day in Oz. How ridiculous is that in a country where you have a constitutional right to freedom of religion?

I agree with Frank Lowy, and I do believe he is Jewish. But if he started closing his stores to celebrate Hebrew holidays I would still feel the same way.
edit on 23/7/1111 by Krusty the Klown because: Korrection

edit on 23/7/1111 by Krusty the Klown because: Another Korrection

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Are you serious?
They petition all the time via lawyers and advocates.
It is a battle , except we have no idea as western christians that it has been waged , until we can no longer celebrate Christ ...we are the dead?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
we dont need christmus

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Krusty the Klown

You mentioned freedom of religion, and ironically thats what the thread is about.
The freedom to express ones religion which has effectively been removed by a billionare with opposing beliefs.

Its like saying to a Muslim you cannot pray at ramadan.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

I think it's a bit of a stretch to assume anyone is ever actually offended by people celebrating Christmas which is now a largely irreligious holiday and more of a cultural tradition.

The idea that other religions are offended by Christmas is a strange claim which I've never actually seen materialise into any vocal opposition from a well respected non-Christian religious group.

It's usually over zealous council officials who want to do away with things like nativity scenes on public property etc.
edit on 24-7-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by lifeissacred

If you beleve that then thats fine , some believe in Santa claus , some don't, its all Ok.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join