It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

** USA Debt Talks Collapse!!! Boehner Quits Debt Talks With Obama

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:
Ex

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Maybe default WAS the plan all along!
We default, people riot, martial law is installed.
No voting in 2012-
Big Money wins and our society becomes trapped
with no one but the ones who planned it all to run the show.

Capitalism wins over Democracy

Sad senario and very possible if things continue as they are.

PS....I find it most amazing that in all of the polls published
around 25% of those say they don't know enough to make a judgement.

Really Sad
JMO

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
The House approved a debt plan and sent it to the Senate where the Democrats tabled it so it would not get negotiated. Them Dems did not propose anything on their own, they just want more money to blow as they wish. Time to stop this now, no more spending. Dems, learn how to cut and live on a budget, your turn now.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
It's very possible this is the beginning of the end of America. Zero hour has passed, and if nothing miraculous (and I mean world-changing miraculous) happens this weekend, come Monday expect some very bad things in the world markets.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Does that mean all Federal Prisons will have to let loose all their prisoners?

If they can't feed them, they will have to let them all go right?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by samcrow
It's very possible this is the beginning of the end of America. Zero hour has passed, and if nothing miraculous (and I mean world-changing miraculous) happens this weekend, come Monday expect some very bad things in the world markets.

Of course - that has allways been the plan, the takedown of the US, before the finalisation of the NWO, it was obvious the moment Obama was elected.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
The entire thing seems so scripted.

It just seems like any time something like this comes up. Some big "deal" that has to be made.
There's a crap load of grandstanding and vilifying.
Finger pointing and no responsibility from any of them.

But if you look at what would happen if the opposite were to take place, it makes sense.

If they actually DID agree, if the R leaders turned around and were getting along with the big bad D's (and vice versa) what would the people do?
How would they react to their leaders actually finding ways to communicate with each other and figuring this stuff out without the drama?
a) What would the networks do without the show?
b) People wouldn't have anyone to hate and vilify and they'd feel betrayed.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

if I remember right, we had the entire bridge collaspe a few years ago..
oh yes, I am right....

en.wikipedia.org...

so, well let's just chalk that one down to crap happens, or if you like, that gov'ts are bad about keeping the bridges safe??

I get your point though, ya, china isn't the coolest place on earth, which is why our companies will keep their corporate headquarters here, and just move the manufacturing overseas.... they probably draw straws to decide which bigwigs get to go manage the manufacturing there!!

I was replying to your previous post by the way, the one saying that they should make social security needs based, which, well, there is already needs based programs to help the elderly, along with the rest of the population. the problem with that one is that there's always some that will fall between the cracks.....
and personally I find it unacceptable that 70 and 80 years oldscould end up still working because their spouse's social security check puts them over the limit but is barely enough to keep them alive, let along another person.....
or just so they can have access to the healthcare.
but yet, they are still working, still paying taxes, some of which is going so someone if far better shape than them who could work so they can live a nice comfy lifestyle compliments of the taxpayers....of which, I know of a few 80 year olds still working...and yes, they pay taxes and support a bunch of people who are in much better physical shape then they are!!!

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

I don't disagree with you, but this notion that regardless of your net worth or income you should be guaranted social security is absurd. Why are we sending Clint Eastwood a SS check each month?

I know a number of folks on SS who are wealthy, yet they cash the check each month. I've challenged them on it, suggesting that they give the entire amount to charity (which my father does and he is not wealthy in the least, he can just get by without it) and they rail on about how they "earned" the money.

Entitlement programs need to be blown up and rebuilt from the ground up.

I have a friend who is in the Directors Guild and produces TV shows. He's been in the union for 25 years and will retire, when he does with well over a 6 figure pension for the rest of his life. He is worth millions. In the TV business, each year when a season is over, they don't know if the show will be renewed, although they have a pretty good idea. Technically they all get laid off. They will (at least most of them) get rehired when they begin to shoot the next season.

What do these folks do? They go out for a breakfast, drink champaign and then go sign up for unemployment. This gent was the producer of the #1 sitcom on TV in the early 90s and even the headline stars would go sign up for unemployment. Folks making a few hundred grand an episode. It was just a joke to them, an annual end of season party and absolutely sickening.

These programs are too broken to be fixed. Our entire philosophy of aid to the elderly and poor needs to be reevaluated, all money from all programs pulled back and then have them rebuilt in a common sense fashion.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind

Albert Einstein ....

The significant problems we have cannot be solved at the same level of thinking with which we created them.

These politicians cannot solve these problems .... They ARE the problem!

"IF WE ONLY HAD SOME COMMON SENSE IN WASHINGTON"

IMHO most of them are over educated and would be challenged at Christmas with "Toy Assembly" and a screwdriver.

Simple "It does not matter what party you prefer vote for the new guy" send a message "Fire Them"!

If you are die hard Republican then cast your vote to replace him "Republican" of coarse and if you are die hard "Democrat" then vote to replace him - Personally I could care less about the party but rather the effectiveness - The threat of them loosing their perks and position just might motivate them to do there job!

Him in the above refers to your local / democratic representation either be Congress or Senate.

"CLEAN SWEEP""CLEAN SWEEP"

There really ought to be a cap on the number of Terms they can serve!
edit on 23-7-2011 by thomas007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
The people of this country will never have a fair election if they continue to base their ballots on what they hear from the media. Keep spinning everything in favor of the left and you'll see what happens.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Problem is at this point what do we do? When we vote the idiots out we just get new idiots in. This has been going on for years. Not all in office are idiots but the majority definately out numbers the minority here

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher

Originally posted by MegaMind

Albert Einstein ....

The significant problems we have cannot be solved at the same level of thinking with which we created them.

These politicians cannot solve these problems .... They ARE the problem!

Quoted for truth!!! Obama is the worst ever at this game. At least Bush did some things right. Ducks pie thrown at head, but he did.

Was raising the debt limit 7 times without this kind of opposition from the establishment GOP part of what Bush did right? There sure seems to be some confusion around here. Obama is the worst for wanting to raise it but Bush was awesome for actually raising it. Right.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackBauer
The people of this country will never have a fair election if they continue to base their ballots on what they hear from the media. Keep spinning everything in favor of the left and you'll see what happens.

Personally I could care less about Right, Left Democrat or Republican - At the end of the day if they being "Congress" and "Senate" are unable to pass legislation which betters America as a Whole then they should not have the benefit of there Job and or there Position.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I like how Obama is using the debt talks to turn attention away from the fact that he still doesn't have congressional approval for Libya. the initial 60 days, and the 30 day extension have long since passed. And obama tries to hold out on everything until faced with contempt of court like with the drilling moratorium.

We'll get a debt ceiling increase, at least past the 2012 elections. Obama will stop at nothing to make sure he has some kind of positive legacy.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
U.S. debt dramatically increased when Bush Sr. took over after Reagan was shot on his orders in 1981. Look at the charts. He promised us his New World Order (actually the Vatican's) many times when he was pres. He has been doing everything to crash the economy now. (i.e. 9/11, H.A.A.R.P., poisonous drugs, never ending wars, and everything else to kill us off!) Be NOT surprised if the rest of our freedoms will be taken away on 8-3-11 with "Martial Law" ) for me meaning "The Mark of the Beast".
Have emergency supplies and your funds in CASH!
The BIBLE = Best Instructions Before Leaving Earth!
Revelation 13:18 in the Greek Diaglott the #666 = the name Jesus Christ which contains a cross (X as in Xmas!)
DO NOT TAKE THEM!!!
Be sealed in the Names of the Father and Son (Yahweh and Yahshua) to live forever and survive what comes!
Revelation 14:1 HalleluYah! This ancient Hebrew word means "Praise ye Yah".
Peace in Them!

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Of course we have to cut off food and medicine to grandma and the poor, but God forbid we get out of these wars or let the bush tax cuts go. It has to be a two-way street, and so far, neither side is really trying to play ball.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Babies like this shouldn't be members of our government. Giving the President the cold shoulder? What a douche, this guy should be replaced.

And what's up with that petition that's going around saying that Republicans(?) won't tax the rich? If one half is agreeing to not tax the rich, and the other half is saying we should tax the rich, how the hell are we going to compromise? This is just one of the dozens of problems with the two-party political system.

1) Tax the rich.
2) Stop all wars and military conflicts, and heavily cut any spending that isn't necessary.
3) Figure out how to create jobs.

Raise the debt ceiling? That's where it gets sticky, because if we raise it and follow those three steps, maybe in 10-20 years we could get back in the green, but I think that's simply impossible. We've waited too long and our debt is too high of a mountain to climb.

Can somebody explain to me the economic reprecussions of defaulting vs. raising the debt ceiling? Because my understanding of the economy is limited at best. Also, does anybody know where Ron Paul stands on taxing the rich?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Can somebody explain to me the economic reprecussions of defaulting vs. raising the debt ceiling?

They won't default anytime soon, they should but they won't -- they'll just keep printing money to pay it off. Even if they did default it would really depend on how they handled it, if they handle it correctly I doubt anything out of the ordinary will happen. Anyone, who has U.S bonds would lose a lot of money, but I think the world would shrug it off after a year or two. The U.S would probably offer higher interest rates for a while too, but nothing serious in my opinion.

Also, does anybody know where Ron Paul stands on taxing the rich?

He said taxation was theft.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Raise the debt ceiling and what have we accomplished?

Nothing. A step backward, as a matter of fact.

Raise it and it will become the standard response every time the economy is in trouble in the future.

It is one of the few weapons we have left to force Obama et al to STOP SPENDING SO DAMN MUCH.

Let the govt shut down. So what? SS checks will still go out. Don't fall for the politics of fear anymore.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

we owe too much money to spook those who we've been conning into taking on our debt!!!
spook them too much, they will want more interest on for their money...
thus, we end up paying more money in the future.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join