It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

150 human animal hybrids grown in UK labs: Embryos have been produced secretively for the past three

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
We are taking a dangerous step back in search of new frontiers. The work being undertaken in the UK (as far as we know) is the first steps before we follow in the footsteps of Ilya Ivanovich Ivanov or Josef Mengele. Each felt that they were performing heroic deeds in the name of the greater good, despite the uncertainties of 'the uneducated and weak'. There will be (or have been), I am sure, establishments around the globe where unspeakable evils are being committed in the name of progress. I for one, did not sign up for tax's to spent on such acts but as we are all aware, the medical conglomerates are a law unto themselves.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
So we know this went on in the lab. The question is, what we don't know that is going on in the lab. Have they actually let these creatures grow into fully matured specimens somewhere... area 51, etc?

A quote from the link

"Human-animal hybrids are also created in other countries, many of which have little or no regulation."-------------which means that somewhere in the world the embroys created will NOT have been destroyed after 14 days .... which means .....

edit on 23-7-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2012srb
reply to post by AlphaBetaGammaX

We are meddling with the fundamental structure of life itself.

You don't think this is dangerous?

Breeding dogs to a specific type is done with human intent and also changes structure. Is that dangerous? Variations in the way we alter structure, and the varying levels of change in structure (some extreme, some not) exist, but over all, humans have been 'meddling' with structure for a long time.

Anything can be dangerous. The question, I suppose, is "Is the research in the article too dangerous to be permitted?" I'd say absolutely not, and I personally don't see how it could be.

DNA mutates and changes and thus structures change as do the functions that these structures serve. It is how life progresses over time.

Humans applying their will to cause such changes does not mean such changes are 'evil'.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
To me, it seems we are most likely exploring the roots of our own origions. Humans in general are least suited for survival on this planets environment, compared to all the other species. Makes me wonder if we are not simply the end result of genetic cross breeding done long ago, and since abandoned. It would explain a lot.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Disturbing...

There are those that can make an argument for a new breed of a species. That's one thing. (Which I'm not too keen on) and then their are those, who foolishly argue that their is nothing wrong with cross breeding different species altogether.

If TPTB are only now admitting to this, then what else are they hiding? I.E. Chupa-Cabra? Loch-ness? etc... We will likely never know. But when man tries to dwell in the realm of the gods, he, like Icarus, must learn the hard way when he falls back to the realm of humans, only to discover the folly of his hubris.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Man, I would like to see a big giraffe with a human head that I could talk to. Or a flying human eagle that we can use to fight terrorists. haha

But really, I feel like this is just another step in our own evolution process. Some people theorize that we are a the product of a hybrid cross breeding program.

And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose [Gen. 6:1–2].

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Breeding dogs to a specific type is done with human intent and also changes structure. Is that dangerous?

Yes, for the dogs the are then born with genetic defects as a consequence of crossbreeding. Who is to say the same could not happen to humans. Then again, the powers that be have experimented on their own kind for some time. You only have to look at the post-WWII nuclear detonations in which troops were asked to take part, only to become victims of cancer shortly after.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I visited this story linked through Drudge last night and picked up a couple of REALLY NASTY viruses.

My computer is totally screwed and am using a back-up now.

Don't know how or why but thought I would warn you. Obviously other people didn't have a problem but thought I would warn you anyways.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaBetaGammaX

Natural breeding is dictated by nature, not a scientist in a lab.

ETA: I said nothing about evil, but now that you mention it.....
edit on 7/23/2011 by 2012srb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
"If, in the pursuit of perfection, we run across an odd claw, hoof or snout, it is of no great import."

More or less what Dr. Moreau said in the latest movie.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Way more of this stuff goes on worldwide in various nations.

You can create hybrids of your own with a 40,000$ lab set.
You could also create chemical or biological weapons, and you could build explosives.

That is how easy it is to screw things up...

Humans are really messed up that's for sure.
Oh and stupid, very stupid.

What exactly has this cured again? Nothing?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Hehe....I really want to watch that now....The pitter patter of feet in the background in one scene sounded hilarious.

-------------------------------------------------------
On Topic:

Is this sort of thing really a surprise to some of you? I would imagine this has been going on for many years in various labs across the world. What they are stating in this article is likely just a very small tip of a very large iceberg.

edit on 23-7-2011 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by skitzspiricy

Yes with the technology available today it would be extremely easy to get a genetic engineering operation going.

I would assume at least a dozen nations are doing it, and several pharmaceutical corporations as well.

This is the tip of the tip of the iceberg, so to speak.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
where can i buy one of these chimeras ?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Some of you are completely missing the point here.

Yes, there's no doubt our military has been up to things under various guises.

That does not make this type of research right.

There's a reason humans can't interbreed with other species. We weren't meant to do so. It's nature's way of protecting us from our own destruction.

The same is true for other species.

There's a reason these hybrids are routinely defective or die soon after birth.

Nature is screaming at us to stop, but still we forge ahead.

Have you stopped to think that, perhaps, armageddon will be genetic?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Cont'd from mobile

We are playing with fire and we are definitely going to get burned.

That's no pun.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by boncho

I have a feeling that someone is curious and would hide a viable embryo for longer than that, just to see what happens. It's what scientists do.

Hypothesizes, research & observe.

I would hope so!

reply to post by TiggersTheMan

Wasn't that the main plot of Splice? *shamefully wonders if I'm the only weirdo who watched that movie*

That movie was more of an atrocity than genetic engineering could be any day....

It must have been quite horrid. My teenaged son put his foot down and said, No, Mom, no.

lol

Seriously, as one poster already pointed out, this type of splicing is done and has been done by other countries, and is used in more therapies than you could shake a stick at.

Most progress being made today is related to this type of research in some way, since humans accept tissues and materials much better if there is a human base to them, genetically, chemically, you just never know where the problem may lie.

The gist of most of what I have found is that they take human cells that transport or are absorbed well, add helpful genes from other animals, or vice-versa, and make medications and other applications from those resulting mosaics.

And it is conveniently wrapped in an argument no one could win: What if it was your loved one who needed this?

Who is realistically able to argue with that, and still remain humane themselves?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
These scientists remind me of the "cure-all" peddlers back in the 1900s. They'll promise you the world so long as you continue to fund them and let them do as they please. Then once it comes to light they are unable to deliver, they'll blame the regulations and restrictions.

You can't promise to cure anything based on research you haven't done. There's a reason why government has to fund them and not big business, it's because they know they are lieing and there's no money to be made.

In the end there is no line that people won't cross. The only thing you can do is to remove funding to keep them from going to far.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
It's called Science you uninformed religious zelots. Why don't you go cry in the corner to your invisible friend while the rest of human society carrys on learning about genetics and how to cure diseases. Keep your useless opinions based on sci-fi and sans A-level education about how we are on the verge of making spider man a reality to yourself.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Watch a movie called '' The Immaculate conception of little Dizzle ''. Dudes eat genetically altered cookies and crap out blue fish lol.

On the real though, there is starting to be no more moral standards. They just do what they want, mock God, mother nature, and everything else they choose to. They keep using the handle they do it to cure diseases, but I still see diseases around, matter of fact it's getting worse, so I that excuse is running low on fuel.

Rather you believe in God or Karma or odds. Sooner or later messing around like this WILL have consequences.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join