It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magic and the Visual Arts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Hello.

I do not profess myself to be a magician. Maybe I can be considered an occultist because I do study as much as I can. I would like to discuss my recent delving into a sort of magic, but first a back story.

Beginning this year I started painting while I have been laid off from my job. Art is what I feel deep inside I am meant to do. It is a great way to communicate and to connect with people. I see my art as doing good in the world and something that the world needs. Alot of my art is anti-war or has social statement in it. Some of the paintings are purely abstract or pleasing to the eye but most of the works make a social statement which are designed to make people think about our current state.

Anyways, when I first started selling my artworks online last year I would get bids and maybe the works would sell for $5.00 or so. Many of the works wouldnt even sell. I still have about 50 stored. Since it was for the love of art,and it still is, I would ship the paintings out and loose money. But it was never about money. I got frustrated and stopped selling my art online for about a year-in fact I stopped painting for a while.

Now I will be the first to admit that I am no Picasso and DiVinci, my work could be compared to something of Warhol or there abouts. Mostly just simple screenprints.

Anyways one day I was watching a video on YouTube about the record industry and how they would actually pray over the master tapes and ask to instill intention in the tapes, then they would make records from this "enchanted" master and the records would usually go gold or platinum, be on the radio, etc. Usually these intentions were negative in nature.

I decided after I made my next painting to try and focus on it and instill some intention into it. Basically I said something like this in my mind "Universe, please allow this painting to have positive intentions and do some good in the world. Please let the painting have value to many people. Please let someone buy this painting and appreciate it."

Sure enough that painting sold for $100! So, since then I have started praying or doing a ritual over all of my paintings and prints, sure enough, I have been selling works worldwide. I truly believe that my intention has been instilled in these works. Whether it can be called magic, I dont know. I just wonder what someone into magic thinks about this.

I swear that since I have been doing this, my success has greatly increased. Also recently I have started to ask for more creative energy and other things, so we will see.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
i dosent matter to me weather the painting cost £1 or £10,000 if i like it i buy it

if you like magic check this fella out

www.youtube.com...

edit on 22-7-2011 by gremlin2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
There is a thing called bad karma good karma. Since humans have the ability to think out there whole life the dominant thoughts play a big part in shaping your future to the idealistic mind. So with much power comes great responsibility, Once enlightened to the fact one should moderate, moderation is the rule of the jungle...Use your enlightenment well and balance the good and the bad and you will have great success
it is not magic by the way its the way your mindset shapes it to what it wants to be
edit on 22-7-2011 by oddfuture because: adding more info.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
so your spelling you paints with montras by spelling i ment majicing well good work you have results your next step will be to master that i supose

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
In Franz Bardon's Hermetics/Magick practice he talks about impregnating the air you breathe, the food you eat, the water you drink, the thoughts you think, etc, with pure "intention" in that the conscious energy will manifest the intention into reality... and in my own personal experience with this, I have found merit in its ideology.. just because science cannot prove (nor disprove) something, doesn't mean it has no basis in reality.. so I would not doubt the possibility that a form of prayer or 'intention grounding' exercise may truly help with one's endeavors. I believe the power of positive thinking/intent is one of the most powerful, yet overlooked aspects of human ability.
edit on 22-7-2011 by Fizix because: etc

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
you could also be being fooled by dark forces into worshiping them. not because they need it, but because it will take you away from God and control of your soul.

it's not your intention that's selling those paintings, but satan directing the lost to your paintings and the willing to buy them.

soon you'll be guided into insanity and destruction.

they'll play mind games with you, you'll find that you won't sell any paintings for months, then get desperate for the feeling of success and blame yourself, that you're not putting enough intention into your paintings, you've done something wrong etc.

it will be an up and down torment.

then you'll find to get this feeling back asking the "universe" is not enough. you'll get twisted in a maze of lies and deceit.

then you'll be begging for God's help. but since you believe in the "universe" and not God, it will be torturous journey.

if you want to sell paintings, ask God to inspire you to paint great paintings or to give you the secret of art, then they will sell themselves.

anything from God will never hurt you.

edit on 22-7-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Ideologies are false. This is especially true with religion and spirituality.

The only true "magick" is what YOU make it. It's what you put in it. Of course it is possible to take in some kind of external energy into your art, you just have to realize what the energy is. It's your energy that counts.

It's like signing a deal with the devil so you can play a wicked guitar. Then when you're 90 years old, he's there saying "I'm here to take you away" (like as Blue Oyster Cult sings in their live versions of Busters
). While I'm not saying there's a real devil or anything of the sort, the point is that in letting external energy take over your energy, you lose control of what you are.

So in otherwords, you can be deceived or you can be your own spear penetrating the world around you.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Excellent thread, S&F to you!
As long as you're 'intentions' are of love, light & positivity, I think anyone would be lucky to own one of your paintings!
Best of luck to you!

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

So as long as I pray to YOUR God I will be ok? Please tell me which one that is so I can avoid insanity at all costs. Of course your god is the only correct and true one so I want to get it right. *rolls eyes*. Let's keep religion out of this please.

As for the others here in the thread I do believe that this intention being put into the art is working well. It is as if thought is manifesting into reality.

It has become obvious to me that evil corporations and interests also use this magic of intention to sell products and spread chaos. It is my hope that more try to channel intention into creative positive vibes and outcomes.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
Ideologies are false. This is especially true with religion and spirituality.

The only true "magick" is what YOU make it. It's what you put in it. Of course it is possible to take in some kind of external energy into your art, you just have to realize what the energy is. It's your energy that counts.

It's like signing a deal with the devil so you can play a wicked guitar. Then when you're 90 years old, he's there saying "I'm here to take you away" (like as Blue Oyster Cult sings in their live versions of Busters
). While I'm not saying there's a real devil or anything of the sort, the point is that in letting external energy take over your energy, you lose control of what you are.

So in otherwords, you can be deceived or you can be your own spear penetrating the world around you.

Instead of being so cryptic, please explain what you think the energy i should be putting into my art is? You have said what it is not, but what is it.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by obzerver
so your spelling you paints with montras by spelling i ment majicing well good work you have results your next step will be to master that i supose

I do not know if it is considered montra, but more like focusing and praying over the artwork after it has been completed.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Jdawg9909

Just use your own energy.

For instance, I learned about the occult and magick by studying the words of some new-age cult. Though after awhile it became apparent to me that if I really wanted to get involved with this cult, to achieve their conception of apotheosis anyways, I would have to ascribe to their ancient and dark teachings.

That's about when I said screw this. I left their realm of influence not under their script, but with a better realization of what energy is on a metaphysical level.

Basically, I now adhere myself to nature itself. Adherence itself is not enough either, you must immerse yourself in whatever spiritual path you think you need to take (it's just like working out everyday to improve yourself physically). It needs to be a part of you all of the time.

I am forced to live in a city for university, yet I am always considering my core values even when walking down the street or waiting for a bus or at parties, etc. Sometimes I even venture off by myself into the solitude of nature just to feel the trees or make basic communication with animals (eye contact is a good one with deer), and especially to feel my place among the elements. I guess that might sound crazy to most people conditioned to think a certain way via the constraints of society, but I grew up around nature and I know it's significance to my spiritual being.

One last thing: wild animals are the best judge of character. Seriously. If you are spiritually in tune, they will not fear you; but they won't hang around you if you see yourself as above them (unless it's a cougar
).

new topics

top topics

join