It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Cop Video Yet!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Hi guys, this is my first thread.

Sorry, but I'm not sure how to put this in a certain catefory so MOD's please move accordingly. Couldn't find it anywhere else on here.

This is just an Up-Beat video of how real cops should do their job. Kind of a reminder that not all cops are bad. I don't know how to embed from this website so i will provide the link.

Should see some great discussion on this...it's not all bad in America.

One good cop.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS

Good first post,what a change to see a calm and collected officer doing his job well....

Spike Spiegle

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by godfather420

Yep, we need more cops like that!

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Are you people blind?

He knew he was being filmed.

He may be that way all the time.

Who knows.

Based on the responses so far I'm hearing you want the police to kiss your ***es.

Pathetic.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Well, i got to admit,its good to see cops that are doing their job properly.

There should be more cops like that,with that kind of attitude.

Good on him,he handled himself very well.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I totally agree!

I wish all cops were as seasoned and reasonable as this gentleman.

I hope this video goes viral, and shows the people, what good policing is all about.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Are you people blind? He knew he was being filmed. He may be that way all the time. Who knows. Based on the responses so far I'm hearing you want the police to kiss your ***es. Pathetic.

Your right,he may be like that all the time,but he may not.,we dont know.
Just wondering in what way was the cop kissing that guys bum though?
The way i seen it,the guy with the camera was being a little bit difficult,but he wasnt breaking any laws and neither was the cop/cops either.

So whats the problem?
edit on 22-7-2011 by BillyBoBBizWorth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
i have meet many good cops...that discussion is senseless because one hitler can destroy hundrets of gandis...
edit on 22-7-2011 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by godfather420

That was awesome! I want every cop video to be like this one! Thanks for posting it! Keep posting more positive ones

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by 2012srb

No....We want police officers that will do their job the right way whether they are being filmed or not being filmed. Even when the guy was not cooperative he still maintained a professional attitude and displayed common courtesy. This is how iot should work and the officer did his job because he is a professional person that takes pride in his job his country and his rights as apolice officer as well as the man on the streets rights. You seem to have the problem and are the one who is pathetic.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by 2012srb

And I've seen videos where the cops knew they were being filmed, even by their own cams, and still do unsavory things they always seem to get away with. Even if it's on tape, sometimes that's not good enough
This is one the few positive police films I've seen. The cameraman I think was looking for a hassle. It may be his right to carry but you really should carry ID if you're gonna carry a gun. And to boot, he wouldn't even give his name to the cop. From the videos I've seen, many cops would have arrested this guy

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
While it's nice to see a cop actually performing his duty in a nice manner, I'm confident in saying during their time in the academy, prospects are told repeatedly how to handle situations professionally and respectfully. Yet the culture corrupts them, and what they learned in the academy is soon forgotten.

Doesn't change my opinion at all. Apparently we have a good apple. I no longer believe law enforcement has a few bad apples. The majority cover for eachother, and a at least partly responsible for for the corrupt culture. We're now left with a few good apples, and are supposed to praise them for doing a job we all pay them to do. Not me.

I also wouldn't be surprised if he's covered for his pig buddies once or twice before, when they didn't handle a situation professionally.
edit on 22-7-2011 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
My utmost respect goes out to this officer, if he really is like this also when not filmed. And this video gives no reason to suspect he wouldn't be.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

Yes, I agree as well, this is one "good apple" lol.

It is just nice to see that every law enforcement officer has not lost their head. Re-assuring, There were a few points where I thought this guy was a little provocative, and the cop still kept his cool. Every law enforcement officer should take a page out of this guys book.
edit on 22-7-2011 by godfather420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessdalen

We all know that there are bad people out there. Reason for posting is to spread the video and possibly make everyone (including cops) remember what their real duty is, and to not treat everyone guilty before proven innocent. (as seems to be the trend these days)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Interesting video for sure. The office did what he thought he had to do with a person walking down the street with a weapon, that same office here in phoenix would have arrested the man since it seems that you are not required by law to carry ID where he is. I appreciated the Office hamming it up for the cam, good PR.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by godfather420

This is just an Up-Beat video of how real cops should do their job. Kind of a reminder that not all cops are bad.

You are right.

It is the bad cops who give the other five percent a bad name.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
A shining example of how an officer should conduct himself!!!

Thanks for sharing this vid!!

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
This was a set up to film a cop doing something wrong so he would have something to say "SEE????"...he was very disappointed when the cop walked away without beating him...you could tell in his voice ....good job Officer...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join