It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nitrogen fertilizer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
WTF>!?

Dear people of the world? Why oh why oh why are you still selling nitrogen fertilzer!
It is a well known ingredient used in terrorist attacks?
Let me put this to you another way'"
Would it not be safer to remove it from sale! @least that way it would not be so easy for the obtaining.
What iff everyone who does buy it is flagged! Perhaps they R. Then if they R flagged, and watched, then the security services are then allowing this to happen?
Dear Lord, we thank you for our daily bread, and we must nourish our crops, but must we pay this price!
Please discussing?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
you can have the same debate about any kind of weapons.

What about the gun that killed the 20 people?

your point has just been made pointless.

GM

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by HologramDenier

Most nitrogen that’s sold for fertilizer use is anhydrous ammonia or urea. Ammonium nitrate, the kind that goes boom, is still used for fertilizer but it accounts for a miniscule fraction of what’s used. The largest fertilizer manufacturer in the US hasnt made it in near 40 years.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

ThankYOU! Sir Mike? for replying in a much more sensible fashion than the other buffoon. Honestly, dismayed I am sometimes with this forum. Some people seek to win arguments rather than provide intelligent debate or discussion!

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
talking about Ammonium Nitrate, i remember as a kid, Neighbors used to use it to blow stumps out of the pasture. (1960's) Of course then there were no extremist's terrorizing nations around the world, And also before the Oklahoma city bombing. yeah it packs a punch, even in minute quantities. Even remember hearing of locals using to blow large Boulders out of the ground.

My have times changed. Before it was at least being used in a progressive manner, not Destructive.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pegasus2000
talking about Ammonium Nitrate, i remember as a kid, Neighbors used to use it to blow stumps out of the pasture. (1960's) Of course then there were no extremist's terrorizing nations around the world, And also before the Oklahoma city bombing. yeah it packs a punch, even in minute quantities. Even remember hearing of locals using to blow large Boulders out of the ground.

My have times changed. Before it was at least being used in a progressive manner, not Destructive.

Exactly! What a perversion of nature? Something used to provide foodings for the people, now a source of destruction! What has this world become of?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by HologramDenier

Ammonium Nitrate in the U.S. has been "neutered" ever since the Oklahoma City Bombing. It isn't nearly as destructively explosive as it used to be.

Besides, the Times Square smoke bomber didn't even realize you are supposed to blend it and set it off with a cap. He just threw the bags in the SUV with some gas cans.

Selling fertilizer isn't the problem. Making enemies, and occupying countries, and getting involved in every conflict on the globe is the problem.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
thing's dont kill people,people kill people
second

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
And here I thought this thread was going to have some good recipes for 34-0-0 like how to make Astrolite.

Say, shouldn't this be in the Rants forum?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Ammonium Nitrate is a great explosive.

But there have been more then a few that have tried it without knowing what they were doing.

I over the years have used somewhere over 30 tons of Ammonium Nitrate blasting agent.

For blasting its by far the safest blasting agent around.

And urea can be used as a blasting agent also IF you know how and what to mix it with.

Its imposable to ban everything that can be used to build a bomb.

I can still go to Walmart and get everything i need

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Everything can be perverted from its intended use; a breadknife or a brick can be a murder weapon, airplanes can be flown into buildings, and spray paint can intoxicate children.
Liquid ammonia is a fertilizer as is urea, which is made by the addition of ammonia to CO2. Urea, as such, is not an explosive and would require an oxidizer to make it explosive. Urea nitrate can be made by addition of nitric acid and is similar in power to ammonium nitrate.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
there is an over the counter item that anyone can buy that has ammonia nitrate in it.

but for saftey purposes i am not going to say.
edit on 25-7-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Most of inorganic/organic nitrates have high or low capabilities to detonate if exposed to high pressure ignition[blasting cap]
So you would have to ban like 50+ ingredients used in modern industry.
Without a fertilizer price of food would be tripled.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I think this whole thread is moot since the OP probably wont be back. Just a quick look at his recent posts shows this thread is abandoned as well as the last several of his posts being deleted for various T&C reasons.

RIP Ammonium Nitrate. I shall always remember you as 34-0-0.

top topics

join