It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S.D. researchers testing wireless contact lens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

www.signonsandiego.com

Circling the edge of the silicon wafer is a tiny ring of circuitry containing a gauge and a microprocessor. The electronics measure the slightest change in the shape of the cornea caused by pressure fluctuations inside the eye.

An antenna embedded in the ring transmits the data to a receiver.

As with diabetes and hypertension, traditional methods for tracking eye pressure produce a single snapshot that doesn’t tell the full story of what is happening in the eye over time.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Well it's here. How long can it be until your laptop monitors every single vital organ in your body.

Anyone who has ever taken a sick child to the doctors office knows, the three minutes the doctor just spent with your child. Does not tell the story of the past 24 hours.

You will soon be able to be monitored remotely. Can you imagine your doctors office calling you? Telling you that you need to make an appointment.

This is a huge medical step. Information is power. Especially when it comes to your health. The possibilities are really incredible. This technology will save lives.

www.signonsandiego.com
edit on 22-7-2011 by whyamIhere because: spelling

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Of course it can also track you by TPTB. We will be imprinted with chips to keep track of the population and we will beg for it. There will be no need to force it on the American public.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik

Of course it can also track you by TPTB. We will be imprinted with chips to keep track of the population and we will beg for it. There will be no need to force it on the American public.

Maybe they can find a way to treat paranoia.

Just Saying.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Yeah, the question now is how long until this technology becomes mandatory, because the government now pays for your healthcare.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere

www.signonsandiego.com

Circling the edge of the silicon wafer is a tiny ring of circuitry containing a gauge and a microprocessor. The electronics measure the slightest change in the shape of the cornea caused by pressure fluctuations inside the eye.

An antenna embedded in the ring transmits the data to a receiver.

As with diabetes and hypertension, traditional methods for tracking eye pressure produce a single snapshot that doesn’t tell the full story of what is happening in the eye over time.

I've been waiting for this. Google in my freakin' head, baby! Also, translating tools that convert audio signals real-time so you can speak to anybody world-wide.

What you guys find scary, I find cool as heck. Evolution, man.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I dont remember the exact show but it was some show on either Discovery or the history channel about future technology. I remember a part where clothes would be made with tiny fiber opitc systems inside of them that would constantly measure your vitals as you were wearing the clothes. If there was something wrong the clothes would wireless alert your doctor and tell them of the problem. On the same show they also showed a toilet that would test your urine every morning when you went to the bathroom. It would alert doctors as well if there was something wrong with the labs that were run using the urine.

Nano tech is going to start becoming more mainstream and I dont think this stuff is too far off. Wireless contacts might just be the first rung in the ladder.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I dispise the current method of having my eye pressures taken.

Either a neon blue probe touched to my eyes, or a bounding pressure gague..

the contact lense would be much preferred.

Not all advancements in biometics, and such are bad things. Just depends on the application of said device, and the people behind the scenes who have the data and control of them.

For those with chronic conditions, would be a step in the right direction. How long does a condition in the body go on before we take notice?

The earlier you can get a problem fixed, the less stress on said body, and bodily systems.

I wear a senser for my insulin pump. Has helped me regulate my "disease" quite well..

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere

Originally posted by haarvik

Maybe they can find a way to treat paranoia.

Just Saying.

That was a funny response.

I'm surprised someone didn't bring in HAARP and other conspiracy theories to the table such as CIA, NSA or FBI or hell local police station that can monitor.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Go ahead and laugh. they are already using the GPS in your phone to track you. And if you don't have GPS, they use tower triangulation. Just heard about that one this morning on the radio of all places!

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

I was just kidding around.

I agree, with most new technology you could think of nefarious uses.

The potential benefit of this as related to your health, is limitless.

It's also not a stretch for insurance companies to want this information.

Like most things good. It can also be misused.

top topics

join