It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Money destroyed the human race

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I don’t think it takes a genius to come to this conclusion, though I just had this thought and I wanted to share it. It might be obvious but once you visualise this you realise just how utterly stupid we humans really are…

- - - - - - - - - - -
Now imagine all us humans at the bottom of a mountain, above us, on the top sits a large bomb and detonation trigger. So what do we do? Well we start to scramble up the hill, we watch the people climbing above in envy, and we look at the people bellow and laugh at their inferiority.

We begin to dream of pleasure, the pride of being at the top of this glorious mountain so we push people aside and pull at their ankles, shove them out of the way all whilst subject to the same by others. All in the quest to reach the top, and once on top of the mountain with a large smile, cheer of freedom we press the detonator.

So what is left for the survivors?

Well to climb the next mountain in pursuit of the very goal that just destroyed the dreams, lives and people around us.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Money is that bomb. By itself like any weapon money is an inanimate object. However our dream of reaching the top, our lust to be before those before you manifests the deep rooted problems. Problems that have destroyed civilisations, caused famines, supressed advancements, controlled freedom, corrupted and why do I need to go on, we all know this.

If you look on the surface, corporations, governments, bankers and even royalty for generations have been humanties problem so we blame them. We need to look deeper, in the depths it becomes clear that no matter whom we have in power we still depend on a suicidal system that breeds nothing but greed. Money is what separates us from the animals not intelligence, and because of this we systematically destroy the earth, other species and even other humans.

I don’t mean to be bleak, I myself will be the first to admit I strive for money. I’m going to uni, I want to get a good career in order to be able to provide for a future family. Though I’m starting to feel like this mountain is not quite what it appears to be. Maybe we were better of together at the bottom?

*side note*
As we go about our daily lives just remember we are building the bomb that will destroy us. If we want peace, we need to trust each other and put our tools down. It sounds so simple because it is...

The more I think the more angry I feel that human history has taught us nothing. I will leave this here for now otherwise you will have pages of my thoughts spilling out onto the page.
edit on 22-7-2011 by OwenGP185 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-7-2011 by Asktheanimals because: word correction

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by OwenGP185
I don’t think it takes a genius to come to this conclusion, though I just had this thought and I wanted to share it. It might be obvious but once you visualise this you realise just how utterly stupid we humans really are…

- - - - - - - - - - -
Now imagine all us humans at the bottom of a mountain, above us, on the top sits a large bomb and detonation trigger. So what do we do? Well we start to scramble up the hill, we watch the people climbing above in envy, and we look at the people bellow and laugh at their inferiority.

We begin to dream of pleasure, the pride of being at the top of this glorious mountain so we push people aside and pull at their ankles, shove them out of the way all whilst subject to the same by others. All in the quest to reach the top, and once on top of the mountain with a large smile, cheer of freedom we press the detonator.

So what is left for the survivors?

Well to climb the next mountain in pursuit of the very goal that just destroyed the dreams, lives and people around us.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Money is that bomb. By itself like any weapon money is an intimate object. However our dream of reaching the top, our lust to be before those before you manifests the deep rooted problems. Problems that have destroyed civilisations, caused famines, supressed advancements, controlled freedom, corrupted and why do I need to go on, we all know this.

If you look on the surface, corporations, governments, bankers and even royalty for generations have been humanties problem so we blame them. We need to look deeper, in the depths it becomes clear that no matter whom we have in power we still depend on a suicidal system that breeds nothing but greed. Money is what separates us from the animals not intelligence, and because of this we systematically destroy the earth, other species and even other humans.

I don’t mean to be bleak, I myself will be the first to admit I strive for money. I’m going to uni, I want to get a good career in order to be able to provide for a future family. Though I’m starting to feel like this mountain is not quite what it appears to be. Maybe we were better of together at the bottom?

I prophise that "OUR OVERLORDS" will help us in our evolution in a possitive moral way...with their GOD given money... They will be written into the "new testiment".

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
You mean religion ? Money and religion destroyed the world, please understand that.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
You mean religion ? Money and religion destroyed the world, please understand that.

I considered religion as this has also been a big problem yes, however I have focused on money because I feel this is a deep seeded issue none of us really look into. I dont want this to turn into a thread with religous people defending their beliefs so I wanted to keep this about money which we all rely on. Atleast with religion we all see the problems it has caused over the decades, but what about wealth and money.

The reason we dont consider this is because we just so happen to be part of it, this is a problem that we see all around us yet continue to feed.

Im not religous by the way so you dont need to tell me to understand that, I merely want to look at the system than can be changed as opposed to the belief systems which is something on a personal level that you nor I have any right trying to change.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack

wrong again ... read the quote in my signiture it applies to religion and money ....

""So you think that money is the root of all evil. Have you ever asked what is the root of all money?"- Ayn

You see its the people in charge of those things that ruin the world.

The psychopaths we have in power and in religious movements are the ones who are the problem .. They control what the masses follow

You don't blame a gun for killing someone do you ?

You don't blame the pen for spelling mistakes?

You don't blame the fork for the fatties do you ?

why blame the money and religion ?

When its we the citizens of this great country that allow the psychopaths to remain in power and dictate our future...

we have no one to blame but our selfs and sitting back and letting it happen ....

thats right letting it happen.

Sitting here on ATS talking about it doesnt fix the problem only helps educate untill its time to stand up and take back the little humanity left
edit on 22-7-2011 by seedofchucky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Please. Money is just a means of exchange. There is nothing inheritantly bad in it. The problem is the "want for money"; otherwise known as greed.

I also question that "humanity" has been destroyed. Seems to me humanity is flourishing with record numbers of humans who enjoy the highest standard of living in recorded history. Sure we have our problems.

Rather than the "want of money' being the destroyer of humanity it will end up propelling us into the next paradigm. As we recover from or prevent full economic collapse, many changes will come to fruition that will end propelling the Earth's people into the next great age of enlightenment. The future will be a good place to be IMO.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I believe GREED should be at the top of the list. People will do terrible things when greed comes into play.

I like this quote:

Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.
Erich Fromm (1900-1980) Psychoanalyst and social philosopher.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
Please. Money is just a means of exchange. There is nothing inheritantly bad in it. The problem is the "want for money"; otherwise known as greed.

- Did you read my post? I cleary said that money is just an object, I was talking about the motives of human society not just the coins in our wallet.

I also question that "humanity" has been destroyed. Seems to me humanity is flourishing with record numbers of humans who enjoy the highest standard of living in recorded history. Sure we have our problems.

- I beleive it is slowly being destroyed, maybe not so much around you but around the world. Do you not consider oil spills, wars part of destruction? I really should not have to go into the negative effects of money, which imo far outway the positives.

Rather than the "want of money' being the destroyer of humanity it will end up propelling us into the next paradigm. As we recover from or prevent full economic collapse, many changes will come to fruition that will end propelling the Earth's people into the next great age of enlightenment. The future will be a good place to be IMO.

- I'll will chose a small little island with self grown food and natural enviroment over a wealthy utopian "paradigm" anyday. Its seems you,re mixing wealth with spiritual health which is a scary thought to me.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
The seven deadly sins ruined the world, but what are you going to do? They're innate. It takes much diligence to overcome them.
edit on 22-7-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
to quote Rhyme Asylum.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
The problem is the ability to lend money and charge interest.

Money is fine, in fact, it's a requirement.
If it were illegal to lend money with interest we would not be in the position we are.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Yes money is the root problem of the illusion crises that the banks have generated.
Now, someone has said that money is one equation of problem and the other is human.
Yes this is also right but to fixe a problem you have to retrograde your issue at hand, so the first thing to do is abolish money and legalise (without license) liberty of work....yes I mean it.
I could go on and tell you about presidential lottery election, or other concept to free human from tools , ie, money, pc, machine, and so on.
Any way the fundamental thing for you to grasp is to ask one simple question;
Where is all this trillions lost in the crises....Are they lost in the black whole ?...when you find that it was an illusion then this Is when you know money for the start as to go.

PS. And please know that 2 member of the human race are useless, politician and banker....send them to the unemployment agency...I am sure they will find a conversion job.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I offer the OP and anyone else that thinks money is bad this offer. Message me, Ill send you my address and you can send me all your money. Small price to pay for salvation.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
In ancient times, salt, sea shells, coloured beads etc was accepted as 'money'.. are these evil and destroyers too?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by OwenGP185

Money + the media = The destruction of the human race

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TheEyeofTruth

Agreed. Thanks for pointing this out.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Money is a tool for transactions. It isn't evil by itself.

If you think long-term, money will be used to build civilisation, infrastructure etc.

Once it's all built, there may be no need for money anymore, like in Zeitgeist....

So while it was a horrible ride of inequality to get us there, once we get there, it will be worth it.

Life isn't perfect. It's transatory. We all die. We all suffer. It's about the greater good. At least, that's the elitist mentality.

top topics

join