It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now there's 5 dead Hospital saline killer toll rises

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Now there's 5 dead Hospital saline killer toll rises

www.thesun.co.uk

POLICE hunting the saline serial killer were probing the deaths of two more hospital patients last night, bringing the total to FIVE.

One was named as Derek Weaver, 83, who died yesterday after having an attack in which his blood-sugar level plunged.

Nurse Rebecca Leighton, 27, is being held on suspicion of spiking saline solutions at Stepping Hill Hospital in Stockport, Greater Manchester.

But yesterday the number of deaths being probed by police in the current case reached FIVE.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
The people who are suspected of being victims so far are :

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/63df8e451ff4.jpg[/atsimg]

Tracey Arden, 44, George Keep, 84, Arnold Lancaster,71

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bae130ec6530.jpg[/atsimg]

Derek Weaver, 83 and unnamed woman, 84

It seem like now Detectives are reviewing ALL deaths at Stepping Hill since July 7. But it is thought likely the probe will expand.

This is a very rare case with people being killed in a hospital and in such an unusual manor. It reminds me a lot of the "Dr. Death" Harold Shipman case in the late 90's. I guess only time will tell if this is a medical worker or someone who somehow managed to gain accsess to the medical supplies and cause the contamination.

The police are asking ANYONE with information is asked to call the police incident room on 0161 856 2480.

www.thesun.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 22-7-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
This is really scary! When you are in the hospital, you are at their mercy. It takes a very warped mind to prey on the helpless......I hope they solve it quickly before anyone else dies!

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Horrifying to say the least. I think people in the medical professions have a certain God-like control over life and death, and for some unhinged individuals it goes to their heads. Remember that children's nurse a few years ago? I don't recall her name, but somewhat similar if I recall.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by NocturnalPhantom

Remember that children's nurse a few years ago? I don't recall her name, but somewhat similar if I recall.

I think you mean Beverley Allitt . The circumstances seem very similar indeed.

Beverley Gail Allitt (born 4 October 1968, Corby Glen, Lincolnshire, England), dubbed by the media the Angel of Death,[1] is an English serial killer who murdered four children and injured nine others while working as a State Enrolled Nurse (SEN), on the children's ward of Grantham and Kesteven Hospital, Lincolnshire. Her main method of murder was to inject the child with potassium chloride (to cause cardiac arrest), or with insulin (to induce lethal hypoglycemia)

edit on 22-7-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Are they certain it's a killer? could the saline solution itself be contaminated? Either way, scary as hell.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

I think they are pretty certain its the work of a serial killer as they are reported to have 60 detectives working on the case. Its not just any old contamination in the saline its been spiked with insulin.

top topics

join