It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Thread About Nothing In Particular

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by bestintentions

Yes, I am blessed. We've had quite a bit of heartache these past few years, but love and family is the one thing that has never been in short supply. Suddenly, I'm in the mood for some music.

ETA: I remember where I was when I heard John Lennon had been shot; standing outside the chow hall in boot camp getting ready to go back to the barracks. Our drill instructor came out - I swear he had tears in his eyes - and told us, "Some commie pinko fa##ot just killed the greatest man who every lived. Unfortunately for you maggots I can't take my anger out on him, so I'll take it out on you."

We got back to the barracks and were PTd on the quarter deck for what seemed like hours.

I want to say that this was the night that I saw the most frightening thing I've ever seen, but it could have been another night: As we were marching back from evening chow I looked up at a full moon and all of a sudden it turned a deep shade of crimson. Having grown up with the Bible, this only meant one thing: The Second Coming.

Needless to say more than a few of us were freaked out, so our D.I. went into his office and made some phone calls. The explanation we were given was that a NASA rocket launch had detonated a barium-filled warhead in the atmosphere to study something or other, which gave the moon it's unusual color. I'm glad that it wasn't the Second Coming; I would have missed out on having such a wonderful wife and 5 awesome kids.

edit on 7/27/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/27/2011 by OldCorp because: Spellin an punkshoeation

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
This is fun
but I have not a thing to add right now because I am at work... sshhhhh....
But thanks for starting it.
It's ALL good

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

thanks for the music, you are soothing the world, you know!

sometimes - and i only dare mention this here in this thread amongst benevolent friends - i often do not understand abbreviations. i don't know what ETA stands for. others i can make out of the context. i'm sure PTd must mean 'particularly terrorized' and 'our D.I.' must mean 'our deep insight'

i too have witnessed something very unusual in the sky. it must be 10 years ago now. a red explosion the size of a little coin. it was very very far away in the sky. it lasted at least 2 seconds. so judging by that, it must have been huge. i did not put any label on it and just kept wondering what i had seen. until a few days ago i learned that dead stars can explode. now i think i know what i've seen.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

You may as well ask "what is the meaning of life". The answer, of course, is that we need an arena in which to experience all those very things which you describe in your post. Indeed the earth is the battleground and serves no other purpose. Why? Because in the spirit world, which is our historic and permanent home, all the earth lessons cannot be learned because it is impossible for humans of differing levels of spiritual maturity to live in the same areas. Further it is not possible because in the spirit world we humans do not have the earth emotions which make it all possible. In other words in spirit we are all knowing and understand and tolerant of each other. This is great but it is not enough. It is essential that humanity advance always to the eventual goals. This can only be done on a physical planet like the earth. Here we find mixtures of all types of humans of all spiritual ages. The proper thing to do is to recognize this and then to weave a path in and around each obstacle as it appears. Remaining emotionally stable regardless is the key. This is the reason. If the earth were perfect and humans all really nice the reason for earth would be gone.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
hahaha this thread is fantastic.

I'm scratching my head for something to say in a thread about nothing in particular but I can't really say that I have anything to say, although whether or not that means I have nothing to say I couldn't say either. If you know what I mean...

PS: Edit to add: Are non sequiturs allowed, or are all charcoal Wednesdays inside the transit?
edit on 7/28/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
You have started such a wonderful thread! I am going to just jump right into it and rattle some stuff off about myself.

Let me introduce myself (and since you were so brave to post a picture, I will afford you the same):

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0197ab0b84a2.jpg[/atsimg]

I am female.
30 years old.
Single but living with my boyfriend.
I am an Office Manager/bookkeeper/tax accountant.
I am liberal
I believe in gun rights
I am a tree-hugger

I have no religion or specific beliefs
I am a procrastinator
I am empathetic
I love animals
I love horror movies
I'm a weirdo sometimes
I have nerdy tendencies
I love video games
Camping is one of life's necessities
I like football
I am a worry-wart

Basically, I am a pretty normal person. I have my quirks. So does everybody. I have my beliefs. So does everybody. As long as we can all respect that, we can all get along. I don't know exactly what I believe about our existence. I just know that I don't think this is all some accident. I don't even know if there is a grand purpose. I just know it was all meant to be, in one way or another.

I am totally respecting of other people's philosophical and religious beliefs as long as they don't use them against me. OP, you CERTAINLY don't strike me as someone who would ever do that. I love this about you and other Christians I have had the pleasure of having in my life. I will have to say that I have also had bad experiences. However, I have had my share of bad experiences with all different people from all different walks of life. It's who you are, not your belief that makes you. You can believe in something wonderful, but still be a bad person who twists a message to conform to your world view.

Anyhoo (told ya i was just gonna rattle of!)....I love ATS. I get frustrated on it sometimes because I think we have an unusual amount of close minded people who REFUSE to listen to different points of view. I am the kind of person who likes to debate point for point. I like constructive debates, not arguments and insult matches. I hate that the most active threads are the ones with the most irrationality and hate. I hate that threads like this or ones with a GREAT constructive debate going on are practically ignored.

I have a huge problem when people don't make logical sense. Sometimes i know that I might not make logical sense, but if someone points it out, I am more than willing to admit i am wrong and have certainly done so a few times. I just think that we should all afford each other the courtesy of really thinking about what it is we are trying to convey in a sensical manner. Not just ramblings full of generalizations and whose to blame. We have plenty of time to type, read, and edit our posts before we hit that button. We still have to be civilized even when we are hiding behind computer screens. I think the internet has given some people to forget their manners.

All in all, I have my good points and bad, my strengths and weaknesses, and I just need to be reminded that I don't have it all figured out sometimes. The universe definitely takes care of that one for me. Lastly, one thing that never fails to get me going is injustice and corruption. Mainly injustice to the weak and vulnerable. The corruption that runs rampant across our globe sickens me. It also sickens me that we have been pitted against each other like starved dogs thrown in a pen together, ready to eat each other alive. All the while those who starved us are placing bets on who will be the last one standing (I just came up with that analogy. i like it!)

Thanks again for the wonderful OP, OP!
We all need to remember that we are all people with feelings on this forum. Not bunch of computers with screen names with robots behind them.

edit on 28-7-2011 by nunya13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skorpiogurl
This is fun
but I have not a thing to add right now because I am at work... sshhhhh....
But thanks for starting it.
It's ALL good

You could start by telling us what you do for a living, if you have pets, how you like to unwind after a hard day, stuff like that. Welcome.

Originally posted by bestintentions
reply to post by OldCorp

thanks for the music, you are soothing the world, you know!

I have to give all of the credit to John, Paul, George, and Ringo.

You wouldn't want to hear MY music.

sometimes - and i only dare mention this here in this thread amongst benevolent friends - i often do not understand abbreviations. i don't know what ETA stands for. others i can make out of the context. i'm sure PTd must mean 'particularly terrorized' and 'our D.I.' must mean 'our deep insight'

i too have witnessed something very unusual in the sky. it must be 10 years ago now. a red explosion the size of a little coin. it was very very far away in the sky. it lasted at least 2 seconds. so judging by that, it must have been huge. i did not put any label on it and just kept wondering what i had seen. until a few days ago i learned that dead stars can explode. now i think i know what i've seen.

You have a great sense of humor! You and I will get along just fine.

ETA = Edit to Add
PT = Physical Training: Mountain Climbers, Sit Ups, Push Ups, Belly/Back/Feet, etc. Although your definition fits too the way they used PT to punish us.

D.I. = Drill Instructor: A unique vocation reserved for sadistic father figures who take "civilian scum" and turn them into gasoline drinking, napalm pissing, life takers and heart breakers.

Originally posted by silent thunder
hahaha this thread is fantastic.

I'm scratching my head for something to say in a thread about nothing in particular but I can't really say that I have anything to say, although whether or not that means I have nothing to say I couldn't say either. If you know what I mean...

PS: Edit to add: Are non sequiturs allowed, or are all charcoal Wednesdays inside the transit?[

Say whatever is on your mind friend. In this thread there is no such thing as an "Off-Topic Post;" except on Pancake Tuesdays, when you must mention pancakes in some form or other.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by trailertrash
reply to post by OldCorp

You may as well ask "what is the meaning of life". The answer, of course, is that we need an arena in which to experience all those very things which you describe in your post. Indeed the earth is the battleground and serves no other purpose. Why? Because in the spirit world, which is our historic and permanent home, all the earth lessons cannot be learned because it is impossible for humans of differing levels of spiritual maturity to live in the same areas. Further it is not possible because in the spirit world we humans do not have the earth emotions which make it all possible. In other words in spirit we are all knowing and understand and tolerant of each other. This is great but it is not enough. It is essential that humanity advance always to the eventual goals. This can only be done on a physical planet like the earth. Here we find mixtures of all types of humans of all spiritual ages. The proper thing to do is to recognize this and then to weave a path in and around each obstacle as it appears. Remaining emotionally stable regardless is the key. This is the reason. If the earth were perfect and humans all really nice the reason for earth would be gone.

I believe that you are 100% correct in your observations. This world is nothing more than a training ground for the afterlife. We are God's children, and we are being taught the "house rules" so to speak for becoming members of His eternal family. I have actually authored a lengthy thread on this very subject, and as soon as my current thread Can Somebody Please Tell Me Why??? has run it's course I'll be posting it. When I do, I'll make sure to post the link in here.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
You have started such a wonderful thread! I am going to just jump right into it and rattle some stuff off about myself.

Let me introduce myself (and since you were so brave to post a picture, I will afford you the same):

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0197ab0b84a2.jpg[/atsimg]

I am female.
30 years old.
Single but living with my boyfriend.
I am an Office Manager/bookkeeper/tax accountant.
I am liberal
I believe in gun rights
I am a tree-hugger

I have no religion or specific beliefs
I am a procrastinator
I am empathetic
I love animals
I love horror movies
I'm a weirdo sometimes
I have nerdy tendencies
I love video games
Camping is one of life's necessities
I like football
I am a worry-wart

Basically, I am a pretty normal person. I have my quirks. So does everybody. I have my beliefs. So does everybody. As long as we can all respect that, we can all get along. I don't know exactly what I believe about our existence. I just know that I don't think this is all some accident. I don't even know if there is a grand purpose. I just know it was all meant to be, in one way or another.

I am totally respecting of other people's philosophical and religious beliefs as long as they don't use them against me. OP, you CERTAINLY don't strike me as someone who would ever do that. I love this about you and other Christians I have had the pleasure of having in my life. I will have to say that I have also had bad experiences. However, I have had my share of bad experiences with all different people from all different walks of life. It's who you are, not your belief that makes you. You can believe in something wonderful, but still be a bad person who twists a message to conform to your world view.

Anyhoo (told ya i was just gonna rattle of!)....I love ATS. I get frustrated on it sometimes because I think we have an unusual amount of close minded people who REFUSE to listen to different points of view. I am the kind of person who likes to debate point for point. I like constructive debates, not arguments and insult matches. I hate that the most active threads are the ones with the most irrationality and hate. I hate that threads like this or ones with a GREAT constructive debate going on are practically ignored.

I have a huge problem when people don't make logical sense. Sometimes i know that I might not make logical sense, but if someone points it out, I am more than willing to admit i am wrong and have certainly done so a few times. I just think that we should all afford each other the courtesy of really thinking about what it is we are trying to convey in a sensical manner. Not just ramblings full of generalizations and whose to blame. We have plenty of time to type, read, and edit our posts before we hit that button. We still have to be civilized even when we are hiding behind computer screens. I think the internet has given some people to forget their manners.

All in all, I have my good points and bad, my strengths and weaknesses, and I just need to be reminded that I don't have it all figured out sometimes. The universe definitely takes care of that one for me. Lastly, one thing that never fails to get me going is injustice and corruption. Mainly injustice to the weak and vulnerable. The corruption that runs rampant across our globe sickens me. It also sickens me that we have been pitted against each other like starved dogs thrown in a pen together, ready to eat each other alive. All the while those who starved us are placing bets on who will be the last one standing (I just came up with that analogy. i like it!)

Thanks again for the wonderful OP, OP!
We all need to remember that we are all people with feelings on this forum. Not bunch of computers with screen names with robots behind them.

Thank you for the kind words and for posting your picture. It's always nice to be able to visualize the person with whom you are speaking; and if I may say so, you are a beautiful young lady. I say this not just because of your facial features, but more importantly because of what is in your heart (which is what matters the most IMHO.)

If I have to ascribe a political label to myself it would have to be "Ron Paul-style" Conservative Libertarian. I believe in personal freedom AND personal responsibility. I believe that everyone who is able to work should be required to work. In the case of getting a welfare check for example, I think recipients should be required to work for it, even if all they do is pick up garbage on the side of the road or help out at a soup kitchen. Giving someone a check and letting them sit on their ass at home is just stupid, not to mention the fact that people feel better about themselves when they actually earn what they receive. But those who are elderly and/or disabled should have their basic needs met by the society in which we live. There is absolutely no good reason in my mind for people to have to choose between eating or getting their blood pressure prescription filled.

Our country spend literally TRILLIONS of dollars on its war machine, imposing its will on other countries where we have no business being, interfering with their internal affairs for no good reason; yet at the same time, there are homeless people and families that don't have enough to eat right here at home. In my opinion we should stop funding/starting foreign wars where our national security is not at stake.

Now I'm not saying that we should stop ALL involvement in foreign affairs. Feeding famine victims in Somalia was a good idea, it's just too bad that President Clinton pulled out the first time we got bloodied (Blackhawk Down.) Had I been President at the time, in addition to continuing the mission in Somalia I would have used our troops in concert with the UN to stop the genocide in Rwanda too, but for all of his bluster and his reputation as the country's first "black President" he pretty much ignored the atrocities in Africa, either due to the color of their skin or because there was no profit to be made. Regardless of race, nationality, or religious belief, we have a moral obligation to our fellow man to see justice done wherever possible. IMO the way our military has been used since the end of the Korean War has been ass-backwards in nearly all cases.

That being said, I think President Bush and Dick Cheney should be tried for treason for lying us into the "Operation Iraqi Freedom." Hundreds of thousands of innocent Iraqis, and tens of thousands of brave American soldiers, sailors, airmen, and Marines have become casualties in this utterly unnecessary war. It's been shown time and again during Republican AND Democratic administrations that this country's foreign policy is anything but moral; it has no sense of itself.

I feel the same way about President Obama. We have absolutely NO BUSINESS bombing Libya. On March 19th alone, our Nobel Peace Prize winning President ordered the launch of 124 cruise missiles against targets in Libya at a cost of $600,000 apiece. The cost of a complete round of chemotherapy, radiation therapy, and surgery for cancer patients is, on average, $80,000. Do a little math and one can easily figure out that had that money been spent on cancer treatment for Americans, 930 lives would have been saved. And that's just ONE DAY!

Sorry for the rant, it just gets my blood boiling when our tax dollars are spent killing people instead of saving them.

Anyway, back to happy thoughts.

Welcome to the thread. I look forward to your input.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Well today was a pretty normal day. The clothing store was empty as normal and I just folded shirts over and over to look busy for the slave cameras. The entire mall is dead. We are all counting down to the day when the store closes, its got to be coming because hardly anyone ever comes in.

So I am wandering around all the time stressed out and nervous because I might have to find a new job and that looks as about likely as winning the lottery around here lol.

A member of my circle of firends got cheated on by his wife (I started a rant about it elsewhere) and some of us are worried about how hard he is taking it and checking up on him to make sure he doesn't do anything stupid. It's getting hard to come up with excuses to go over there because we seem nosey but we are worried.

What else...I found a cheap necklace I lost about a year ago under my mattress. There is a crack in my window that needs fixing but who knows when I will get around to that. My roomate is being all dramatic for some stupid reason and making life difficult. I'm getting ready for my annual camping trip deep into the Utah desert, I've been doing it every year since I was a little kid and its a real challenge in this heat but I love preparing for it and thinking about it, and I'm so happy my dad forced us to learn desert survival when we were kids! I can find moisture almost everywhere...

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl
Well today was a pretty normal day. The clothing store was empty as normal and I just folded shirts over and over to look busy for the slave cameras. The entire mall is dead. We are all counting down to the day when the store closes, its got to be coming because hardly anyone ever comes in.

So I am wandering around all the time stressed out and nervous because I might have to find a new job and that looks as about likely as winning the lottery around here lol.

A member of my circle of firends got cheated on by his wife (I started a rant about it elsewhere) and some of us are worried about how hard he is taking it and checking up on him to make sure he doesn't do anything stupid. It's getting hard to come up with excuses to go over there because we seem nosey but we are worried.

What else...I found a cheap necklace I lost about a year ago under my mattress. There is a crack in my window that needs fixing but who knows when I will get around to that. My roomate is being all dramatic for some stupid reason and making life difficult. I'm getting ready for my annual camping trip deep into the Utah desert, I've been doing it every year since I was a little kid and its a real challenge in this heat but I love preparing for it and thinking about it, and I'm so happy my dad forced us to learn desert survival when we were kids! I can find moisture almost everywhere...

Welcome to the thread PartyGirl! I'm happy you showed up, as you are easily one of the most intelligent, common sense using posters on ATS. I see you have no problem catching your stride in here.

Instead of creating two posts, I'll use this one to pass on an email I just got from a friend. It's relevant to me because after 9/11 I tried to reenlist in the Marine Corp, but I missed the age cutoff of 42 by just a few months. The email had some pretty salty language in it's original form, but since there are ladies present I'll tone it down a bit:

Why waste the young?

I am over 60 and the Armed Forces thinks I'm too old to track down terrorists. You can't be older than 42 to join the military. They've got the whole thing ass-backwards. Instead of sending 18-year olds off to fight, they ought to take us old guys. You shouldn't be able to join a military unit until you're at least 35.

For starters: Researchers say 18-year-olds think about sex every 10 seconds. Old guys only think about sex a couple of times a day, leaving us more than 28,000 additional seconds per day to concentrate on the enemy.

Young guys haven't lived long enough to be cranky, and a cranky soldier is a dangerous soldier. "My back hurts! I can't sleep, I'm tired and hungry." We are impatient and maybe letting us kill some a##hole that desperately deserves it will make us feel better and shut us up for a while.

An 18-year-old doesn't even like to get up before 10 a.m. Old guys always get up early to pee, so what the hell. Besides, like I said, "I'm tired and can't sleep and since I'm already up, I may as well be up killing some fanatical S.O.B."

If captured, we couldn't spill the beans because we'd forget where we put them. In fact, name, rank, and serial number would be a real brainteaser.

Boot camp would be easier for old guys. We're used to getting screamed and yelled at, and we're used to soft food. We've also developed an appreciation for guns. We've been using them for years as an excuse to get out of the house, away from the screaming and yelling...

They could lighten up on the obstacle course, however. I've been in combat and didn't see a single 20-foot wall with rope hanging over the side, nor did I ever do any pushups after completing basic training.

Actually, the running part is kind of a waste of energy, too. I've never seen anyone outrun a bullet.

An 18-year-old has the whole world ahead of him. He's still learning to shave, to start up a conversation with a pretty girl. He still hasn't figured out that a baseball cap has a brim to shade his eyes, not the back of his head.

These are all great reasons to keep our kids at home to learn a little more about life before sending them off into harm's way.

Let us old guys track down those dirty rotten coward terrorists. The last thing an enemy would want to see is a couple of million pissed off old farts with attitudes and automatic weapons who know that their best years are already behind them.

How about recruiting women over 50 ... in menopause! You think men have attitudes! Ohhhhhh my God! If nothing else, put them on border patrol ... They'll have it secured the first night!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

I thought oldies are no good at war because they might be too slow, tyred too quickly, short sighted, can’t hear good anymore, too weak to carry packs and guns, shaky. then they get sentimental and can’t kill the young enemies because they think of their sons and grandsons at home.

no, seriously, I think you should let women do the war. and I mean the prettiest ones. let them all dress up nicely, seduce all the young enemies (easy, considering of what what they think every 10 seconds) and make nothing but love.

that wasn’t very serious either. but what can you say, if really you think that we should not kill each other.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by bestintentions
reply to post by OldCorp

I thought oldies are no good at war because they might be too slow, tyred too quickly, short sighted, can’t hear good anymore, too weak to carry packs and guns, shaky. then they get sentimental and can’t kill the young enemies because they think of their sons and grandsons at home.

no, seriously, I think you should let women do the war. and I mean the prettiest ones. let them all dress up nicely, seduce all the young enemies (easy, considering of what what they think every 10 seconds) and make nothing but love.

that wasn’t very serious either. but what can you say, if really you think that we should not kill each other.

We shouldn't kill each other; but sometimes it is inevitable. Truth be told, I'd rather be the one doing the killing than have my 18-year-old son doing it. My life is almost over, his is just beginning; he doesn't need to carry the baggage of taking a human life around with him for the rest of his life.

And don't count us "oldies" out so quickly. I can put a round up a fleas ass at 100 yards. I don't need to run; cowards run.

And on that note, I'll say goodnight ATS.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

In reading the first part of your post it brought to mind something I haven't thought of in years. Since this is a thread about nothing in particular, I thought I'd write about it.

I remember many years ago, I used to work for an older couple in their store. Our main business was machine embroidering name tags for military bdu's, but the store really was a clothing store. The building itself was really old. The wooden floors creaked when you walked on them. There were racks and racks of clothing. There was clothing hung on pegboards on the wall. There was clothing everywhere. It was brand new clothing, but it was SO outdated and almost vintage. I can laugh about it now, but when we were slow, we always had to be busy. The owner gave us whisk brooms and we were to 'whisk' all the dust off the clothing. And, boy was there a lot of dust! While whisking the clothing, I couldn't help but notice every piece of clothing had faint white dots all over it. It took me a while to figure out how those little dots got all over the clothing. It was from the sun shining through the little holes in the pegboard that was in the front display window. lol Those clothes had sat there for years and years, and never got sold. The store ended up burning to the ground.

Anyhow, your post reminded me of that.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
My female Siberian Husky, Alaska

My male Siberian Husky, Bandit

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
OK then, so obviously I have pets, two Siberian Huskies. They are extremely intelligent and manipulative animals. I always have to explain to people that they are NOT like Labs. In other words, not easily trained. Although mine are trained pretty well they tend to get distracted and they are very stubborn. It's in their blood to run in one distance for thousands of miles so they don't have that instinct, like other dogs, to find their way home should they get away from you. The female weighs around 65 pounds and she can pull a 1500 lb sled all by herself for about two miles in the snow. The male is a big baby and does not like to exert his energy.

Anyway, my husband and I don't have children, a personal choice so you don't have to ask... we have each other and we have our dogs

I work for a large banking institution in the Public Relations and Government Affairs Division....
I know... evil empire. But the money is great the benefits are better and it's a fluff job so...
I'm also the president/owner of a corporate and social event planning organziation:

www.newenglandevents.org...

Check us out when you get a chance. Our niche is that we are the only event planning company in Boston who provides event planning services to legitimate non-profit organizations for free. That's right, I said "Free". In exchange for advertising.

Hmmmm... what else, what else... I'm a metal head. My favorite bands include KoRn, Disturbed, Slip Knot, Mudvayne, Pantera. However, I used to DJ for a living so I can pretend to like just about any kind of music!

Music speaks louder than words all day long. Music is my medicine.

I don't un-wind... ever... I constantly go from one thing to the next to the next to the next, always looking for new and interesting subjects, theories, discussions, people. Since I do PR, I'm the one out there chatting up strangers everywhere I go. I play hard work hard and love my life.

I have several degrees and certifications but do nothing with any of them. Thing is... I like the challenge and once I achieve something I'm satisfied and move onto the next thing. I am planning on taking up flying lessons in a few weeks. I want to learn how to fly a helicopter

I am a published poet. Some of my writings are under the name of: Skorpiogurl and others are under a name that I shall not disclose... since I ghost write under this personality it would kind of defeat the purpose if I told you the name. Maybe I'll post of my poetry here if that's ok...

I am amazed by nature, I love to garden and spend time hiking the mountains in North Conway, NH. I feel close to God when I'm out there and my breath is taken away and I get so overwhelmed with the beauty of the world that it brings me to tears.

I was driving down a country road one day and came across about a mile of the most beautiful flowers I'd ever seen. There was an older woman outside tending to the flowers so I pulled over and motioned her over. She came over and I told her that I just had to stop and let her know that her flowers are beautiful and she does a wonderful job with them. She laughed at me and said "Oh silly girl... I don't do this, God does." Got all choked up.... I don't care who believes in what. Everyone is free to believe in whatever gets them through the day. I also believe in Karma, Energy, Reike and even some magic. What I don't understand is how someone can look at a mountain or a flower or the ocean or an animal and not believe in "something".

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Skorpiogurl

Awwww. They're so cute! They look like little bears. I've always loved Siberian Huskies.

ETA: You certainly do like to keep busy!

I DJ in clubs for spare change too, I have since 1985. Most of my work in radio has been on the news side, but I started out playing music (except country. I LOVE bluegrass, but I just can't get into mainstream country for some reason.) For a while when I was living in Palm Beach I worked at WOVV and spun the Saturday Night Party Mix live from local night clubs. It was the second highest rated show in South Forida, second only to DJ Laz in Miami.

Good times.
edit on 7/29/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
The next time I do karaoke, I'm going to sing "Blood Pollution" by Steel Dragon.

Yeah, I know they aren't a real band, but the song kicks ass anyway.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
It's Friiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiday and I am feelin' good!

That is all, just want to share some positive vibes.

edit on 29-7-2011 by Goathief because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
For some reason I was thinking back to being a teeager today. I ran away from home with a young woman when I was quite young myself and my father was so furious he wouldn't let me return, ever. I never saw home again. It was fine by me at the time, and with her too, she was from a bad family situation and couldn't wait to get away. We married as young as two people are allowed to marry. What a freaky thing, it could have potentially been a disaster in so many ways but we really loved each other fiercely and we had a universe of two. We drifted around the country together for a few years, I was mostly working in light manufacturing, day jobs in construction or whatever gruntwork was available, and then security. She would do waitressing, call centers, whatever the heck ever. We were both a kind of religious fanatics although it could be said we crafted our own theology together. It didn't last more than three years, which perhaps was not surprising considering our poverty and youth. After that I left the USA for my first big chance at serious work and never looked back, but that's another story for another day maybe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join