It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heat Wave Forecast: Here's how "rare" that is in some locations:

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

• New York: Only 57 days of 100°+ heat since 1870 at Central Park. None from 2002 through June 2010.
• Rochester, N.Y.: Last day of 100°+ heat was on June 21, 1953! Only 6 days of 100°+ heat on record since 1872!
• Philadelphia: Averages only 1 day of 100°+ heat every other year.

Heat Wave Forecast

Some crazy heat America is getting over there. There's some temperatures reported to be in the mid-40s celcius up around NY. Yet another severe weather event to add to the already number of severe weather events to hit the earth. a lot of it just this year alone. Australia has experienced its fare share of extreme weather events this year as well. It's an active earth alright, active change in weather, among a few other notable developments economically, social and political.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

Im in GA here, it hits around 95, but the humidity is just killer, and to top it all off it's 86 outside and it's 1:30 AM.. strange temps indeed.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I'm in Southern Ohio, Republic of. It has been in the 90s here everyday, starting at 11:00 or so. nights are spent sweating in bead, we do not have air conditioners, and could not afford the power to run then anyway. They are calling it a Heat dome. I call it HAARP, the one angels do not play.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I'm in Ontario and its been in the high 30's celsius all week, not to mention the +10 decrees for humidity... I put a big thing of water outside for the wild critters, no sense in them dying of thirst.

Ive lived here 22 years (how old I am) and I've never seen it this hot. ever.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
It's definitely very hot this summer.
Just remember to keep hydrated folks. Hopefully we only have
one more month of this scorching summer to go.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
This heat wave is insane. I was just checking multiple cities across the Northeast and Great Lakes region about 20 minutes ago with temperatures almost 90 in places at 1am.

www.weather.com...

Syracuse, New York: 88°, heat index 98°
New York City, New York: 86°, heat index 94°
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania: 84°, heat index 92°
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: 86°, heat index 98°
Baltimore, Maryland: 92°, heat index 101°
Boston, Massachusetts: 82°, heat index 87°
Burlington, Vermont: 82°, heat index 88°
Cleveland, Ohio: 86°, heat index 96°
Detroit, Michigan: 82°, heat index 82°
Chicago, Illinois: 80°, heat index 83°

Syracuse, New York: 31°, heat index 37°
New York City, New York: 30°, heat index 34°
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania: 29°, heat index 33°
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: 30°, heat index 37°
Baltimore, Maryland: 33°, heat index 38°
Boston, Massachusetts: 28°, heat index 31°
Burlington, Vermont: 28°, heat index 31°
Cleveland, Ohio: 30°, heat index 36°
Detroit, Michigan: 28°, heat index 28°
Chicago, Illinois: 27°, heat index 28°

The highs in all these locations will be between 95(35) and 105(41) tomorrow. What makes this heat wave even worse is the fact that the night time temperatures will not be cooling off. The departures from average during the day and night are around +20(+12). My family lives up in Bethlehem, PA and the temperatures there tomorrow will be over 100(38) which is not normal at all.

It is so bad that it is cooler here in North Florida than in many cities a thousand miles north.
edit on 7/22/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Our earths axis is off !!!im in So.Cal and we had a long winter,we have so much water in our resevoirs the a holes are dumping it into the ocean,also i think we may have a wobble the moon dosent track like it used too ? there is a bit of daylight at Antartica,which otherwise is dark this time of year, also birds are up alot all night lately here,Yet the midwest has drought ,There is hope our Nasa will inform us ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,after all we the people pay them ,,,,,,,,,,,? yup maybe not
but 1 fact Miami Airport changed some of its runway numbers because of the axis change. so even if it changed a little,it would be alot on the outter edges of the equator!

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mrspock

the airport change was magnetic shift only...not a physical shift

sure is hot though

just wait till hurricane season this year

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I live in Michigan and this week has been the hottest I can recall over my life here. Today it was 100 degrees with a 110 heat index. This whole week has been horrible.

I'm sure I'm wrong but, isn't this a La Nina year? Shouldn't we be cooler?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
hi, i live in montreal, canada;
here it is been between 30c and 35c for the past 5 days! (dont forget that +10c humidex sh@t)
today was by far the worst... 38c with humidex 45c at 6:30pm! As for now its still shows 32c with humidex @ 2:00AM 8d

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
There sure is an awful lot of talk about 'debt ceilings' and what not...but my question is this: what about consumer debt? I just love the way everybody blames the government. Some people need to "man up" and pay their bills! The only people debt benefits are banksters!
Stop buying crap you can't afford. No! You can't pay me tomorrow, for a hamburger today!

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
There is nothing different going on here where I am, so it just a phase you are going through.

We usually get mid 40's in summer, so drink heaps a water, you will be fine.

I have actually cooked food on bricks that have been in the sun all day

take care,

also if you know any old people see if they are ok....

also

IN Hi humidy, make a bushmans aircon out of a pedestal fan and hang wet sheets in front of it,

this will cool you down heaps...

edit on 22-7-2011 by guessing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I'm with the last person who posted - the weather is fine where I am too (LA). I'm one state over from a state that some members living there have said is under a severe drought (TX).

I will say that we went without rain for longer than usual, though, and now it's been raining almost every day for the last week or so. I haven't been living long enough to know if that isn't usual or not. I really think it's just a mind-thing if it is.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I think you are all being terribly unfair on us over here in blighty! Bragging about your lovely hot weather when yet again our summer is washed out..........would love a heat wave........long as it's for a set period and not indeterminate!

us europeans' love the hot summers......

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Yeah, I agree lol. We've had nothing but rain where I'm from ... or rather, today I had 2 hours of sun, 1hour of rain and then sun again and repeat. Been that way a while now. Very strange indeed!

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by daynight42
I'm one state over from a state that some members living there have said is under a severe drought (TX).

Not all areas, but yeah, a lot of Texas is really hurting for rainfall. My dad is in Houston and I think he said they're over 20" behind on rainfall. I'm in the DFW area and we haven't seen rain for a couple of months and have been seeing temps over 100 every day for weeks, but that's actually a normal summer for us. That high pressure dome that's been all over the news camps over the top of us every single year. The only breaks we get are when hurricanes get close. Most people here just learn to live with it, we limit outdoor activities in weather like this and drink lots of fluids. I try to get all my outside work done in the morning or evening and hunker down in the A/C during the hottest part of the day.

Originally posted by Flavian
I think you are all being terribly unfair on us over here in blighty! Bragging about your lovely hot weather when yet again our summer is washed out..........would love a heat wave........long as it's for a set period and not indeterminate!

Shame we can't trade off weeks here and there

edit on 22-7-2011 by SavedOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The heat index in one Iowa town last week was 131.

I'm 24, and that's the highest heat index I can recall hearing of.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Sounds less crazy when you realize how old the earth is compared to how long we've been recording temperatures.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Cry me a river.

It is over 100 nearly every day late june through aug here in sunny new mexico.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join