It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-MSNBC Host Left After Being Told To "Tone Down" Attacks on Establishment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Ex-MSNBC Host Left After Being Told To "Tone Down" Attacks on Establishment

www.prisonplanet.com

Less than six months after first appearing as an “interim host” on MSNBC, Cenk Uygur is explaining why he left the network.

For the past week, Rev. Al Sharpton had been hosting in Uygur’s 6 p.m. timeslot. MSNBC said that the netowrk “decided to make a change at 6 p.m.”

“It’s unfortunate that Cenk has declined our offer to have him develop and host a program for another time slot,” the MSNBC spokesperson added.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 21-7-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Do you guys remember Cenk? I used to watch him before he became famous on the "TheYoungTurks" youtube channel. He always had quite a few interesting points of view. Seems he is being forced out of work for going against the establishment. I can't believe that the journalists are forced to pick and choose which stories they can run. This really is more tarnishing on the freedom of the press.

www.prisonplanet.com

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Do you guys remember Cenk? I used to watch him before he became famous on the "TheYoungTurks" youtube channel. He always had quite a few interesting points of view. Seems he is being forced out of work for going against the establishment. I can't believe that the journalists are forced to pick and choose which stories they can run. This really is more tarnishing on the freedom of the press.

www.prisonplanet.com

I too saw theyoungturks, but I always was slightly suprised to see the attention it got - Frankly I was more suprised when MSNBC hired him. I have no grudge or anything, just saw him as slightly grating.

CJ

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

www.prisonplanet.com

Obviously you don't know the difference between journalism and punditry.... and also both are produced... i.e. they have a producer telling them how and what....

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Are we seeing a trend here?
Was hoping there were some real journalists not a'feared to speak out there--

CTV Bureau Chief Quits His job, wanted to practise real journalism, couldn't:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

That's a damn shame. He does good work. Hopefully this is a good thing because maybe he'll find something better. His YouTube does well, so I think he'll be ok. MSNBC can go F themselves

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
there has always been censorship, in the MSM....including all the way back to the Roswell incident, in 1947.....the way i see it..the closer someone gets to finding the real truth, the more static gets created...it's an ongoing trend...not to mention never-ending

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

I can't believe that the journalists are forced to pick and choose which stories they can run. This really is more tarnishing on the freedom of the press.
]

As a few others have alluded to, this is nothing new. Journalists have always been threatened by the powerful, and the majority tend to comply.

every single 'reporter' you see on teevee has compromised themselves to nothing years ago. many of them never even developed a sense of self anyway.

look who owns msnbc. there is no 'freedom' and that isnt really even the 'press'. jst PR and entertainment.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
theres a reason why they call it MS'___', its for drones

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
off topic
edit on 22-7-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
He could start his own news network and blow MSNBC out of the water with more viewers.

He got hired because of his fan base...no other reason. That's all MSNBC wanted, his fan base,...viewers.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
More updates from an anonmyous friend Wink:

www.godlikeproductions.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Uygur's self serving explanation aside, this had more to do with the fact that he was dead last in ratings and has been since he premiered.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
No disrespect OP, but who cares? I know I don't care about Cenk Uygur, or his feeble attempt to stroke his ego at his audience's expense. Now note, I am not of his audience either on MSNBC or his online broadcast. Honestly speaking, I tried to watch one of his online shows and I could not stand it. I did not know he was even on MSNBC.

He claims that there is a no holds barred when interviewing people of power or covering current events? Ha! That is a funny joke! He ought take off the linen gloves when covering stories that coincide with his particular political ideology? You know complete and utter objectivity? In fact, every journalist who claims to be a professional ought to practice that when working. This man wears his views and leanings on his sleeve. That is the fact of the matter.

His little diatribe is supposed to be groundbreaking and a revelation to people? Apparently he has not come around here very often, because what he said is the same thing all of us have gone on about day and day out. I am glad Mr. Uygur got to vent some steam, or whatever he aimed to accomplish with that soapbox confessional. Now can we get to the real deal, and the problems affecting this country? Just my two cents.

edit on 22-7-2011 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
MSNBC kicked off Keith Olbermann, despite high ratings. They kicked off Ventura. Now Cenk Uygar.

They really are a very establishment network. I guess they see it as in, we don't want to get the public too angry, everything's OK, nothing to see here, move along.

And also, as Cenk says in his YouTube explanation, it's because they want access to polticians. They see that as more valuable than ratings, I guess...

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by foood4thought

"high ratings" is relative ... none of MSNBC's shows get good ratings and everyone who worked with Olberman that he was a prick.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
never like that guy to begin with and to go to work for msnbc i mean come on

that right there says everything you need to know about him.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by foood4thought

yes and no to oblermann comcast did but comcast owns another channel that olberman is currently on now.

all in all oberlmann had a vacation.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Cenk's a good guy...at least we still get to hear him on TYT. One of the few people who's not afraid to attack both sides of the political spectrum if they mess up.

On the right you have FOX.
On the left you have MSNBC.

I'm kinda happy Cenk's not a caged tiger anymore

top topics

join