It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holy Moly This Motorcycle Cop is Awesome! I wish I had these Skills!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I tipped a bike about 500 lbs once. Sucked. Learning how to ride, my dad slapped me on an 1150 roadster, not the best to learn on. Anyway, if you don't know bikes, watch how his head is not following the motion, but his eyes are the steering wheel so to speak, as he looks to where he is turning...great skill here.

I am sure many will taunt me but if I could drive a big bike like that!!!

Love it!

ColoradoJens

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Great video, thanks. You're right, that guys fantastic, those bikes aren't light and to whip it around the way he did, wow.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
As stated on the video.

"That was awesome"

I doubt I could throw around a small bike the way he threw that Harley around.

S&F

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Dear ColoradoJens,

Thanks for posting that, that man had some amazing skill. Wow.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Nice riding... it's always good to see a person who can control their machine well.

To get your motorcycle licence in the '70's in Perth, Western Australia you had to show similar skill in the handling tests or you would not get the licence.

The handling test included things like slow and fast slaloms, hidden braking tests, fast figure eights on the side of a convex hill and my favourite.. a figure eight inside a single car park space where you had to pass over a small red cross in the centre, not touch any corner or side markers while keeping you feet off the ground. Remember too that a car park space in Australia is smaller than what is found inthe States to begin with.

Now I know most of you Americans think everyone lies their heads off all the time.. but that was not the case here in Oz for many years. I can tell you I was failed on my first attempt of the on-road in traffic test but passed the Handling test with flying colours.. mainly because I was having a great time doing it.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Hey hey T-1000 is back.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

That cracked me up!! I believe you...even here in the states, depending on where you live, they can still be pretty tough! After learing on a big bike I took a Kawasaki 600 in for the test. Felt like I was on a feather - still failed. Took me two times to get it- most here don't even bother..

CJ

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
No matter what the form, I always enjoy watching a master of their craft.
Kudos

spec

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I wonder how many trophies that unlocked?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I hope no one taunts you. Learning to ride a bike is a process! Best to start out on a small CC bike, 600cc these days. I learned on a 250cc in a state sponsored motorcycle trainers course! I ride a 600cc now and am looking to upgrade to either a 900cc class roadster or a Honda XR650R Dual Sport, this fall. I have been riding street for 3 years now, and rode dirtbikes growing up. Boy riding on the street is a different animal, its not your skill, its the idiots in the cars!

The video you posted is awesome! Im back to rewatch it after this post, that guy has some serious skill. Anybody can get behind a 1500cc supersport bike hit 120mph on a scarce highway and call themselves badass, but Id like to see any one of them do this nearly as well as this LEO.

S + F, cool vid, thanks for sharing!

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Same here. If one has a glimpse of the appreciation, wow.

CJ

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by IntegratedInstigator

So far, all in agreement! It is VERY hard to turn around in the tiny driveway I have but I make it a point to know my distances there, and it will help me elsewhere! Driving a bike (for me with kids) is very much about being safe - I have made sure to stay away from cars!

CJ

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Glad I could offer a giggle.

Safety is prime, even more so if you have children you have to be around for.

IntegratedInstigator is on the money too. Doesn't matter how safe a rider you are, taking into account that most car drivers simply will not see you on the road sure helps you stay alive for longer.

I was talking to a lady a few weeks back who just bought a Japaharley.. very nice bike I might add.. and I took it for a spin. That got the itch going in me again. Got me thinking about my last bike.. then realised that was just before my daughter was born.. and she is 16 now!! The ex forced me to sell it under the pretense of needing the money to raise our child.

So with some serious thinking about another bike between my legs I might have to do a refresher course to get my skills and reflexes back up to par. My loose plan so far is that my daughter leaves home at the end of next year.. so I will have a station wagon I don't need anymore... and that tells me I will replace it with a criuser and disappear into the sunset for a few months at a time.

I missed riding as bikes were my only form of transport for many years, rain hail or shine, it didn't matter to me as long as I was riding and not stuck in a metal box away from the environment.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

You said it. I am "allowed" two rides a month - a month! but I really have no problem with it - my kids are #1 and the saftey issue is really big, as you say, with kids. I enjoy a ride in the mountains when I can (now) and in the winter I often longingly stare at the bike.

In my experience, with safe motorcycle drivers who respect the laws, it is almost always another car driver who makes a mistake. I have had "eye lock" with people that have suddenly pulled out in front of me - it's like they don't know what to do when a bike approaches.

I still zip around my very sububan nighborhood every so often to let the kids in on the fun, just don't tell the ex.

CJ

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Could anyone tell if that was Ponch or John from CHiPs on that bike?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Your right OP,he handles that bike very well.

He has some amazing skills,great video.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
that looked like fun he was smooth, I would get bored of that little track fast, it just reminded me of motorcycle training classes. get me on the dirt then you'll see something amazing.

like another poster said the rules used to be much more strict and they should be.
here in the U.S. every rider should be able to do that I know I can its the only way to be safe and avoid most anything that comes at you on the road. especially deer.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

I agree -W1LL; you can never be too ready to climb on a bike. My first trip on a bike was in 5th grade when a buddy brought his bro's new purchase over to ride at over 75 in a small suburban neighborhood...next was in HS when a buddy went 130 on a Ninja 1100 and blew 2 stop signs in a small neighborhood. My pops showed me the proper way to ride after not letting me on a bike until I was 18. He got me on an 1100 as I said, but my bike was a Suziki 850. After doing thousands of turns in the driveway and cul-de-sac, I got on one of my dad's wife's chiefs (I think a 600) and after two times, passed the test - I can't understand why I failed the first time - but I hope they were that hard on all... jerks on bikes are just that!

Speaking of, this weekend, coming home on a Sunday after camping all weekend, cruising on a 65 mph freeway (C-470) some tough guy biker was in the fast lane as I was coming up behind him. Now I was going 75, but I had been going 85 due to the light traffic and general speed of all traffic. There was no one infront of this tatooed tough guy on his new Harley, and no one to the side of him.

As I always do, I slowed considerably a long time before I approched 20 feet of this guy. He never moved and we drove for five minutes like that. I eventually went to the slow lane and passed - as I did he flipped me off and sped up, so eventually I got to the next car in my lane and couldn't pass.

I got back in the fast lane and he just kept braking - I'm thinking -let this go - this guy is nuts! So I get in the slow lane again after passin the next car and he cuts in front of me! I go to the fast lane - again! I'm thinking, this guy wants to die! I am just driving and because I want to pass, he is pissed. When I pull of my lane He pulls up both hands and gives me the double bird...I'm thinking to myself - this guy got a bike last week...what a moron..

CJ

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
That cop is pretty exceptional on that big ol scooter!.

Check out some of the boys from Cali. Trust me, they're hard to keep up with.

new topics

top topics

join