It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want to share my flags!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I started a thread the other day 8-3-11 Creepy Website... and feel that I should be able to share the flags/stars or SOMETHING with a few other members that have been instrumental and dare I say more involved with the thread than I have been.

If you followed the thread, you would know I am speaking primarily about a certain member, Forevever. She has painstakingly followed, analyzed and posted recaps of the entire thread (all 1500+ posts) without a thought of personal gain, just trying to help. People like this are instrumental to ATS, and I feel they should be given more credit.

We have an ALERT system for trolling, T&C violations etc... Could we have some way of alerting staff when someone is being exceptionally helpful/productive? I realize we have the stars, but some people go above and beyond that. I also understand that staff may give a member applause. I worry that staff (while close to it) is not omnipotent enough to recognize all the truly exceptional members, and perhaps we (as members) should have a way of rewarding those that work diligently to help. Member of the Month? Of the week?

Mods if it's possible, I would like to donate every flag I get in that thread to Forevever. I may have posted first, but SHE is far more instrumental to the discussion than I.

I thank EVERY member that has contributed to this thread/discussion, but Forevever deserves some kind of credit that we, at this time, seem to lack.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I think that's a great idea - I would like to donate ALL of my Flags as well...

My action alone should validate this profound thread...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

A few weeks ago I saw a post in a thread that I thought was amazingly insightful.

I hit the alert button and asked the mods to give that person an applause. I checked back on their profile less than 10 minutes later and they had gone from 5 to 6 applause.

I almost never use the alert button so maybe the mods take me more seriously when I do hit it or maybe this is something they do regularly. The mods can't be everywhere and they are usually too busy cleaning up our messes or dealing with trolls to notice every good post.

I'm sure they like to hear when something good is posted and most would be happy to help out if you really think a certain poster deserves extra recognition.

Not every alert has to be bad. Try alerting the good posts too to get recognition for people who make ATS a worthwhile experience.

Seeing the person get that applause made my day and I consider it one of my high points here on ATS.

edit on 7/21/11 by FortAnthem because: [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a0b6072a6510.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Just use the alert tab for the thread or post and let us know about it.
We read all alerts and it's nice to see good ones

edit on 21/7/2011 by Sauron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
If you followed the thread, you would know I am speaking primarily about a certain member, Forevever. She has painstakingly followed, analyzed and posted recaps of the entire thread (all 1500+ posts) without a thought of personal gain, just trying to help. People like this are instrumental to ATS, and I feel they should be given more credit.

I absolutely agree with you, Domo. Forever is awesome! Her recaps have made that thread a pleasure to read/participate in

Don't sell yourself short though...it's not like you haven't participated fully yourself. And it IS a tintillating mystery

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

Oh wow I feel incredibly stupid now. I thought the purpose of the ALERT button was only for negative things like trolling/censor circumvention etc... Great, already got an answer! Thank you Sir, and I hope there are a flurry of people hitting ALERT on my new found friend Forevever!

Thank you to all those members that deserve a positive ALERT! You guys and gals re wonderful and make this amazing site even better.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d3b85e6e061d.png[/atsimg]

Perhaps it's the wording when you hit that ALERT button that threw me!
edit on 21-7-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Seeing the person get that applause made my day and I consider it one of my high points here on ATS.

I love this site! I love that it made your day! I have had so much fun here after joining. Nice to be among kind hearted, intelligent people that can give you a smile!

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d3b85e6e061d.png[/atsimg]

Perhaps it's the wording when you hit that ALERT button that threw me!
edit on 21-7-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

You can change the heading in the alert but, yes; I think the wording does discourage alerting the mods to good posts and such.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

I finally figured that out. Right after I posted. Perhaps the automatic COMPLAINT could be changed to blank text. I feel very silly as I never realized the ALERT could be a positive. I suppose I have made a bit of an a## of myself with this thread. I'm glad there is no 'dumba## button in my profile because I think everyone would be hitting it!

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

This thread was enough, I don't need your flags

Thank you so much ♥

There's no smiley emoticon with tears - darnit

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
A big thumbs up to you both, that thread is amazing and guess what it aint over yet lol not till that date comes around i will still be in their fishing for answers lol i think i got OCD now
and that is what i look like from lack of sleep following the thread,bulging eyes the lot

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

Oh hush. I was sort of counting on you not seeing this thread because you were so busy helping out the rest of us! When this whole business is over we should write a thread about our first encounter and how we became buds. There is a lesson in there for hot heads like myself!

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   

You earned it, Forevevar.
This is what you've been.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Oh hush. I was sort of counting on you not seeing this thread because you were so busy helping out the rest of us! When this whole business is over we should write a thread about our first encounter and how we became buds. There is a lesson in there for hot heads like myself!

Thats actually not a bad idea

And to be honest, I might have missed this thread if I didn't get so burned out on the recapping after 86 pages - this was the first thread I clicked on when I finally escaped that one
edit on 22-7-2011 by Forevever because: I said so

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Explanation: Uhmmm?
Here you go ...

This thread was enough, I don't need your flags

Thank you so much ♥

There's no smiley emoticon with tears - darnit

Personal Disclosure: Flag for the OP and well done Forevever. Good Job!

P.S. Psst hit the quote button on this post to see the bbcode ..or deciphyr this ... ;cryb; ...

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

You deserve a burn out session. Most people call it sleep. You've been at this about two solid days in a row. I have never been more impressed by an ATS member. You've been burning that midnight and midday oil.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Get a room you two!!!!!

Just playin'

there is so much mushy gooshy in here ,I'm feeling a little sick to my tummy.

They should have a little gifting section, where you can gift your stars to your favorite people, friends.

Hopefully it wouldn't make others object or jealous. Ya kno?

Anyway, I think you need a break and some sleep from that topic, its not going anywhere. Maybe with fresh eyes you will see something new.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Could we have some way of alerting staff when someone is being exceptionally helpful/productive? I realize we have the stars, but some people go above and beyond that. I also understand that staff may give a member applause. I worry that staff (while close to it) is not omnipotent enough to recognize all the truly exceptional members, and perhaps we (as members) should have a way of rewarding those that work diligently to help. Member of the Month? Of the week?

Jeez... how much mutual ass-kissing really needs to go on with this site?
We already have all the Freemasons patting each other on the butt in every post.

Why don't we all carve trophies and mail them to each other?

I guess some people are simply addicted to feeling important...

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Are flags something to increase your ego or are they there to alert others of quality/important threads? I think the latter.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
The quality of work and content should be a reward on its own. You shouldn't need or want flags, nor should you feel you need to compensate, or someone even SHOULD be compensated for their content.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join