It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

semi-odd event happend today

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
This isnt an extremly weird event that happend today., im not complelty sure whats up with it. but its probably nothing.
anyways so heres what happend. My mom told me about a letter that arrived at the house today(i think it was a magizine subscrition or something like that). the wierd thing about it is that
1. none of us were really expecting anything like that to show up
2. much stranger is that. It was addressed to great grandfather(who passed away before i was born), the even weirder thing is that it was adressed to our house even though he never lived here.
so was this just a huge mistake by the postal service or is it something more. id like your oppinion

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
so what was the letter about?

edit to say, postal service have delivered older stuff...

GM
edit on 21-7-2011 by Grey Magic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

i dont even remember. i think it was something about subscribing to magazine. ill go check in a bit. but i mean there were no direct messages to anyone in my family, that much i know

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

it was a letter to subcribe to canadian geographic, SO nothing signifigant. but still i dont think its them delivering older news. because he passed away probably over 20 years ago, plus once agin why would they deliver it to a place he never lived

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
...i get mail for my former SO frequently and he's been dead since 1996 and he never lived in this house... its that 6steps of connection thangy... or was that 7steps?... whatever...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks
its that 6steps of connection thangy... or was that 7steps?

whats this exactly

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by connorromanow

My Father passed away in 2000. Got some mail for him last week. Somtimes it just shows up. I still get a christmas card from someone I have never met and have no idea who they are every year - always addressed to me...

CJ

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

somebody used gramps name on some website form and it got sold to a mailer database

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by connorromanow

whats this exactly

Your friend is one step. A friend of a friend is 2 "steps." A friend of a friend of a friend is 3 "steps"...and so on. Somebody once claimed to have proven that there is a near 100% probability that you can find a connection with any other human on earth using six of these "steps" or less.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Ok...bear with me...this may seem a little out there...but...if you believe in the paranormal at all...sometimes relatives, friends etc. that have passed on...try to communicate with us ...through various ways....this may be one of them...where your great grandfather is letting you know...hey...I am watching over your family from the other side.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Well,here is how it works now.

Your Gramp's may have subscribed to it years ago so they have his name in their database.

They would do a people search to find his address which would show up and it also lists others at that address.

They would see your moms name listed and then do a search for her thinking that maybe he is now living with you all.

They found her name and sent off a letter addressed to him with the possibility he may still be alive.

Happens all the time.

I still get letters adressed to my wife.

She past away two years ago.

I get a letter addressed to her from a hospital reminding her of a outstanding bill.

The hospital that she died in.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

i think tht could be possible, i wouldnt be supprised even

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Naw. It ain't his dead great grandfather. It's someone (alive on earth) looking over his shoulder messing with his mother.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder

whats this exactly

Your friend is one step. A friend of a friend is 2 "steps." A friend of a friend of a friend is 3 "steps"...and so on. Somebody once claimed to have proven that there is a near 100% probability that you can find a connection with any other human on earth using six of these "steps" or less.

Yeah I remember that.

I think it was called "six degrees of separation".

To the OP... I immediately thought of "identity theft" when I read your post...it might be something to check out, though I don't know how you would go about it.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by IamJustanAmerican

Hey IamJustanAmerican,

throwing it out there - I love you whoever you are. Something will make those memories fade, not go away, but soon...

ColoradoJens

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

whats this exactly

...ooops, my crs syndrome slipped out again...

...its six degrees of seperation...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by IamJustanAmerican

that also seems very belivable to me. if it was just an old sub

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Did you sign up for the subscription?

It's possibly a message...or signal from beyond.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
he died 20yrs ago and didn't live at your house ever? that is pretty odd...

Is there anyone else in the street/area who might have the same/similar name as him? I'm just thinking that it might just be a postal error and it happened to be delivered to an address where that name meant something (ie your address). E.g your granddads name was Frank Walters and there's a man living 8 doors up from you that happens to be called Mr Fred Walters then a letter addressed to Mr F Walters might arrive on your doorstep by accident.
edit on 22/7/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Most likely just a glitch in the mailing system of who ever mailed it.

My dead grandma got jury duty about a month ago, even though she died in 05....

Things like this happens.....His name is most likely on some list still and they decided to send him something at the best address they could figure...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join