It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inorganic life dominates Solar System, and visits Earth

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

Modern gnostics, past gnostics, what's the difference?

I know how "radical" the Gnostic view of things is.

Elaine Pagels is a conventional scholar and has studied it pretty indepth. The texts don't reveil aliens, what would the work of a person be in that case? Buddhism and gnosticism have a good deal in common as far as inner work.

The intrusions people feel come from themselves, not aliens. So again why would aliens be the focus of a spiritual system?

Yeah the gnostics viewed the god of the old testament to be the demiurge, what's your point?

I don't care what it sounds like, and I don't care about aliens. Truth of the matter is that those topics are under what gnosticism talks about.
edit on 23-7-2011 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Turq1

yet, it seems that the ancient Amerind shaman made images to record what they perceived. Not everyone agrees, obviously...but it would seem that many of the carvings of the greatest antiquity may have been designed to portray a 3d interpretation of a tetraspatial construct.

The Bible is no path. Not to anything but a greater concreteness of the psyche. It is a dead end, a waste of time. It is meant to draw power (energy) from the multitudes for the use by the few.

Our "Creator" is completely impersonal and cares not about the silly hierarchies of mans "religions".

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Sounds similar to what Graham Hancock talks about in some of his books.

Been looking at the History Channel's Ancient Aliens program and they tie in a lot of ancient texts to aliens...while some of that may be accurate I wouldn't say it does for Gnosticism.

Orthodox Christianity certainly can do that I would say.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join