It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inorganic life dominates Solar System, and visits Earth

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Turq1
He doesn't understand what the Gnostics were talking about at all. Archons aren't material. He says only the Nag Hammadi Library survived, that's not true. The archons weren't jealous of humanity. They are controlled by the Demiurge. It is said though by some accounts that the Demiurge saw that humans were greater than him because of the spark, which he lacked.

The galaxy wasn't seen as the "pleroma" like the author says. Pleroma meaning "fullness" and the tendency to attribute material things as either imperfect or evil...it's far, far from what Gnostics would call "full". If the earth is a corpse, then what is the galaxy?

Gnostics never said archons "feed on our fear". Nor did they ever describe "reptilians" or any other type of material entity.

Certain religious beliefs such as divine redeemer / messiah are injected delusions.

That doesn't even make sense considering Jesus was seen as a redeemer.

Amazingly, whatever the significance of their content (and we have just barely begun to comprehend what that might be), the Nag Hammadi Codices (NHC) are rare original artifacts, the earliest surviving examples of bound books.

A close reading of these arcane materials shows that Gnostics were deeply concerned with alien intrusion into human affairs. The entities they called Archons appear to be identical to the ET’s of modern Ufology. Both Grey and Reptilian types are explicitly described in the codices. I would estimate that up to one-fifth of the core material in the NHC concerns the Archons, their origin, methods and motives.

www.whale.to...

Actually Islamic sources as well as the NHC l described the Jinns as having two forms according to their age - grey like or reptillian.

edit on 22-7-2011 by JohhnyBGood because: link

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Gnostic Gospels

The Gnostic Gospels are a collection of about fifty-two texts based upon the ancient wisdom teachings of several prophets and spiritual leaders including Jesus, written from the 2nd to the 4th century AD.[1] These gospels are not part of the standard Biblical canon of any major Christian denomination, and as such are part of what is called the New Testament apocrypha.

So why were the gnostic gospels not included in the Bible?

One explanation I've heard is that even in a book replete with myths like the bible, the myths in the Gnostic Gospels were considered too far fetched for anyone to believe as possibly being real so they were excluded in favor of only leaving in some of the more believable myths like parting the red sea and what have you.

Myths aren't supposed to be taken literally, so why would gnostic myths be too far fetched to be "real" when that's not even the goal in the first place? And what gnostic myths are you even talking about? Gnosticism doesn't have any myths like that of parting the red sea. The reason gnostic texts weren't included is rather simple and has nothing to do with what you said. It was political in part. And there were major differences between what became known as orthodox Christianity and gnostic Christianity like faith being valued above personal experience.
edit on 22-7-2011 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

A close reading of these arcane materials shows that Gnostics were deeply concerned with alien intrusion into human affairs. The entities they called Archons appear to be identical to the ET’s of modern Ufology. Both Grey and Reptilian types are explicitly described in the codices.

No they weren't concerned with "alien" intrusion and no, both Grey and Reptillian types are NOT described in the codices. That is complete BS. Why people with no interest in gnosticism would butch it and apply it to these things is beyond me.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Hmm,interesting.

Thanks OP,i shall look into this subject.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Accordingly, some UFOs could in fact be spacecraft from colonies of neighbouring planets of Earth, and their moons. In other words, scientific research now supports the plausibility of various testimonies that have been made of such intelligent and apparently inorganic life in our solar system.

Why would inorganic lifeforms need a spaceship? If they're not organic then they wouldn't breathe, eat, etc. Why couldn't they just hurl themselves through space? Then again, maybe that's what they're doing and they keep burning up trying to enter our atmosphere

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by krossfyter

Sounds like they're uncovering space critters or ghost type entities. Maybe final fantasy monsters?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

my god scientific piety is worse than bible thumping IMHO

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

whoa dude, and nag hammadi is also where they found all those gnostic gospels!

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
the world life itselft to me it just another form of insanity, as we can become crazy trying to figure it all out.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turq1

A close reading of these arcane materials shows that Gnostics were deeply concerned with alien intrusion into human affairs. The entities they called Archons appear to be identical to the ET’s of modern Ufology. Both Grey and Reptilian types are explicitly described in the codices.

No they weren't concerned with "alien" intrusion and no, both Grey and Reptillian types are NOT described in the codices. That is complete BS. Why people with no interest in gnosticism would butch it and apply it to these things is beyond me.

Um - apparently they were!...... I have read the the descriptions of greys and reptilians - I will postitwhen I can find a linkto it.

In the NHC, the story of the Annunaki (Archons) is introduced in a cosmological perspective, and then it is analyzed. In other words, the Gnostics had a view of the cosmic origins of the Annunaki, and they also took a critical approach to intervention. The cuneiform record is just a story, without critical commentary. The description of alien interbreeding occurs in both cases, but the NHC tell us the attempt failed:
“The Archons came to Adam. When they saw Eve talking to him they said to each other, ‘What sort of creature is this luminous woman?’ … Now come, let us lay hold of her and cast our seed into her, that she may become soiled and unable to access her inner light. Then those who she bears will be under our charge… But Eve, being a free power, laughed at their decision. She put mist in their eyes [and escaped them].” (The Origin of the World, 116)

This is one of several NHC passages that show Eve outwitting the Archons. It presents a mythological event, and comments on the outcome of that event. In the Gnostic view, the Archon/Annunaki do attempt to interbreed with humanity, but fail. Other texts describe how Eve leaves her “phantom image” which the Archons defile, but they are unable to actually access her body, i.e., human genetic structure.

www.whale.to...

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I've always believed in possibilities of Life existing in Space and in/on other environments other than Earth.

There are some interesting threads that poke at some of the possibilities on my old accounts threads.

XRaDiiX- Former account Threads.
edit on 22-7-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Ok, "Inorganic life dominates solarsystem, visits earth" is a completely misleading title. All the story is saying is that it is possible that inorganic life exists outside of Earth. There's lots of things that are possible, that doesn't mean they are true.

Do any of you actually know what inorganic means?
It doesn't mean what you are implying it to mean.
Many are interpreting this article completely differently from what it is actually saying.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

OP speculates about non carbon space-based life - and then mentions the (astral) life forms of the 'inorganic interplanetary realm' as per the Nag Hammadii Codices.

They are not really related at all - that is why the confusion as to the replies.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Not a legit source. Need a legit source.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

No they weren't.
To reduce gnosticism to such discussion is worthless. Past and present gnostics aren't concerned with evil aliens from the sky, it doesn't even make sense. If you want a good source on gnosticism look at Elaine Pagels who's a professor at Princeton. How exactly does a spiritual system involve the threats from evil, material aliens? The archons they speak of, among other things, are intrapsychic, and that's what the vast majority of gnostics would say.
edit on 22-7-2011 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Turq1

Modern Gnostics! - are they like modern Wiccans? - no relation at all to the 'old craft'

I think you have to bear in mind just how radical the Gnostic view of things as per the NHC really is - it is absolutely intolerable heresy for the Monotheistic religious establishments. Which is why they went to sutch lengths to destroy any traces of it.

It is just too far out of the box and controversial for conventional scholars who dismiss it as some sort of spiritual science fiction. Truth is they have glossedover the contents of the NHC - because they simply are unwilling to deal with what they actually reveal!

The NHC as the oldest preserved books and the Sumerian tablets as the oldest written record- both deal with alien intrusions into human affairs! - claiming to be 'gods' who created us.

The Islamic accounts of Jinns and their place in the scheme of things - closely matches that of the Archons. As indeed does the 'fliers'of Carlos Castenaeda' writings,whatever their true inspiration might have been.

Do you really think that Yahwe sounds more like the supreme intelligence of the universe!!? - or as the Gnostics claimed, a false demented imposter god?

How about the creature that Muhammed met in the cave? - it sounds exactly like a Jinn to me, indeed he tried to commit suicide for that very reason at first.

ET's - do you really suppose they have come halfway across the galaxy to anally probe random people by dragging them out of bed in the middleof the night - or does they sound like the age old accounts of jinns faeries demons? (aka ARCHONS)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
spirit-of-one.com...

I suggest reading this.

i read it. great, greatread. any more info?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Yes fabulous books! - very similar to the Mystery schools and Gnostic approach,of learning by direct experience from energy or the 'living light' - as opposed to the blind rituals,formulas and intermediarys of the Monotheist religions, which stampedit out as heresy!

see - The Gnostic Castaneda for a discussion of the parralells.

www.metahistory.org...

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

OP speculates about non carbon space-based life - and then mentions the (astral) life forms of the 'inorganic interplanetary realm' as per the Nag Hammadii Codices.

They are not really related at all - that is why the confusion as to the replies.

I agree. I move that this thread be moved to UFO's & ET's or the Gray Area. The Religion folks would find it as offensive as we Science & Tech folks!

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I started reading Casteneda earlier today. What i find amazing is how much of what that initial booklet said, along with subsequent reading, actually parallels my own obervations.

of course, I am a far cry from a shaman. But I am open to whatever is the truth, no matter how terrible it may be.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join