It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super bright and loud meteor over Utah

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
This was an older thread from a few years back that now has video to go with it. Old Thread
I don't recommend reading the other thread as it was so new, no one had posted videos of it yet - so it was a ton of speculation and arguments without any hard evidence.
I promise it was in Utah... as I was falling asleep when it happened and it woke me up from the flash of light and big boom. Though it was also seen by many of the Western states. Below is a video compilation of what was caught on tape from security and weather cameras all over the valley. It's pretty spectacular. If you watch until the very end you can see the remains of it's trail in the sky during the early dawn.
The second video is the news report and a little more information on the sonic boom that was registered. Plus trajectory, etc etc

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I am almost 100% positive I saw and heard that from here in California. I was sitting out on the front porch smoking a cigarette around that time and heard a loud crackling and saw what looked like a streak of sparks go across the sky to the north east.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Nice... very similar to the one in Edmonton Alberta
(ignore the cover pic... its a contrail
)

Police dash cam of Meteor over Edmonton, Canada

edit on 21-7-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by xrevxoltx

You probably did. They say it was seen and heard from California to Colorado. I just meant when I said it was in Utah that the trajectory of where it ended up in our atmosphere was here in the Utah west desert.
Interesting the analyst says this happens once every 5 years.... I'm 28 and haven't seen one besides this. Maybe he means of this magnitude anywhere in the world? That wouldn't be right either though.... meh, whatever. I'm sure it was one of those "facts" people just make up on the spot.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Thats awesome. Amazing how bright they can be!

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I saw one over 20 years ago in Ontario Canada. Was inside at a campground restroom and the sky lit up bright green. Got out in time to see the final break up of the fireball. I looked it up recently and they said that one fell into Lake Ontario. Pity that... hard to collect them down there.

There are a lot that fall... many see them but don't have camera at hand and they don't last long. Today we have webcams everywhere and camera phones. certain showers produce the big ones, like the Perseids

Now then where did you say it fell?

edit on 21-7-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Now then where did you say it fell?

Utah's West Desert. Good luck. There are a lot of rocks out there.

Actually what made me decide to post this is I was searching to see if anyone had found it. Sounds like no one has tried.

top topics

join