It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ufo Disintegrating Meteor Vid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Heya, i found this interesting video of a ufo allegedly dematerialize a meteor. Enjoy.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by rabzdguy
Heya, i found this interesting video of a ufo allegedly dematerialize a meteor. Enjoy.
That's not what the video says, the video says that what we see is a UFO disintegrating.

And what it looks like is a meteor breaking up, I wonder why they think that a UFO is a better explanation than a meteor.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

And the video says: "It is very likely to be an alien spacecraft"
What gave them that idea?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Pretty cool nonetheless.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Did you actually read the headline or, at least, the letters that came up at the end of the video?
I'm guessing no. It doesn't say that a UFO disintegrates a meteor, but that, MAYBE, a UFO disintegrates while entering our atmosphere since there have not been any reports of meteors falling to earth.
edit on 7/7/2011 by thegrayone because: Fixing a word.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by rabzdguy
[more

That's a lot of damn ufos.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Just because he says there were no meteoroid reported doesn't mean anything. Just because we aren't in the forest, does that mean no trees are falling? Meteorites are always coming through the atmosphere. Hence "shooting stars".
I looks pretty much like a meteoroid to me
Cool video though! Not too many people catch such a dramatic disintegration since they mostly happen over water.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Not a meteorite breaking up... space craft reentry I believe that one was the Stardust capsule but I will have to check

ETA..

Nope wrong one its this one

NASA DC-8 Team Captures Hayabusa Spacecraft Reentry

Here is the Stardust reenrty

Stardust Capsule Reentry Movie

Soyuz Re-entry

The capsule is the white dot that carries the crew, the rest of the reentry vehicle burns up. Space craft reentry looks like this with many small bright fragments

Bolide meteorites look more like this

Peekskill Fireball Meteor

Similar but noticeably different. This one hit a car

edit on 21-7-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
That's not what the video says, the video says that what we see is a UFO disintegrating.

And what it looks like is a meteor breaking up, I wonder why they think that a UFO is a better explanation than a meteor.
It could be a satellite breaking up.

It looks very similar to this video of a satellite breaking up over Australia:

Hayabusa Space Probe Ship Re-entry (HD)

The meteors do often break up and leave trails of glowing particles. But I think the feature in the Hayabusa re-entry which doesn't appear in many of the meteor videos is the way the broken up parts make fireballs in a parallel front, like the 3 parallel fireballs seen at the leading edge Hayabusa reentry:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6aa1f5b95afe.jpg[/atsimg]
In fact it looks more similar to that than the meteors in this compilation of meteors:

Meteor Compilation

They all look somewhat different but I'd say in general this "trailing" configuration of the broken up pieces seems to be more common in that compilation:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b7146a7f03fb.jpg[/atsimg]

Of course none of these comparisons rule out that the OP video is a meteor. But it does seem to have some features in common with the Hayabusa re-entry video so it could indeed be a satellite. Wiki says there have been 5400 tons of space junk re-entering over the last 40 years. I don't doubt that some of those re-entries have been captured on video. We paid more attention to Hayabusa than to a typical satellite re-entry because we wanted to recover something from it.
Edit to add: Hi Zorgon, I see you posted while I was writing my post.

Yes I thought it might be Hayabusa at first also, but I'm not sure, I couldn't really match it but it could be just a different angle in the OP video or something.
edit on 21-7-2011 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
It could be a satellite breaking up.

HA beat ya by 7 minutes

The OP video is the one taken by NASA from the DC 8 Seems it went viral as an 'Ovni' in Mexico... must be they been watching to much Jamie Maussen lately

edit on 21-7-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Yes you beat me!

I probably would have posted first if I hadn't taken the time to upload those pictures. But when I tried to explain to ArMaP in words why I thought it was a satellite instead of a meteor, the words didn't quite cut it so I thought I needed to show the difference in pictures.

So it really IS a spaceship!? I guess Maussan can get something right, though he probably failed to mention the spaceship is man-made

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
But... the important thing is

ArMaP missed it

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I really had no reason to think this was something other than a meteor (not "very likely to be an alien spacecraft")... Now, I am humbled knowing that it was in all probability a satellite. Thanks for the heads up.

edit on 22-7-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join