It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So here is the guy that invented Cold Fusion - Meet Rossi and his E-Cat....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I highly recommend watching this video to all the people that have been following the story of Andrea Rossi and his magical energy machine....(Previous thread on the subject)

I have never been good at math, so I am hoping someone can come along and explain what the hell he is trying to get across in his "crunching of the numbers".

I have never been good at math, but I generally understand someone in a presentation.....

Also, if you watch the end of the second video (11:00), does anyone know what 7kg/h of steam looks like through a tube the size they are using?

edit on 21-7-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

S&F for this amazing and promising technology. You can find out more about it here:

peswiki.com...:Andrea_A._Rossi_Cold_ Fusion_Generator_(E-Cat)

Company's main website, Defkalion

I believe in this technology, and believe it will bring with it an Energy rEvolution.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by CrimsonNova

I believe in this technology, and believe it will bring with it an Energy rEvolution.

Well, that makes one of us....

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

He calculates the power needed to evaporate 7kg/h water at 25.3°C to steam. Assuming there is a flow of 7kg/h and that all water is actually is evaporated(dry steam). He could have used a calorimeter to measure it, but oh well.

Copy paste from youtube(too lazy to write it down by myself):

Heat capacity of water = 4,18 KJ / KGKelvin
From 25,3 to 100°C will then require (100,1-25,3) * 4,18 * 7 / 3600 = 0,61 KJ/s = 0,61 KW to heat the water to boiling point.
To make steam: heat of vaporisation of water is 2257 kj/kg. Power needed is then: 2257 kj/kg * 7 kg/hr /3600 s/hr= 4,39 KJ/s = 4,39 KW.
So total power required to steam this water is 4,39 + 0,61 = 5,0 KW.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
85.2 x 7 is not 596.9 it is 596.4

I am sory but i cannot take somebody seriously who cannot even remember clearly his method of working out (keeps forgetting things in the video) and cannot even do simple sums even when he has a calculator with him

i know its only .5 difference but im sure little errors like that make a big difference with things like this...and if he hasmade that error how many others has he made.. hmm

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by moosevernel

He might be a bit hazy or nervous, whatever. But what if the effect is real. I really wish a physicist could get his hands onto the device. Actually a somewhat competent scientific assistant would be enough to do the measurements properly. Well, we'll have to wait till November.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by moebius

dont get me wrong i would absolutely love this technology to work and be real but i am naturally skeptical about such things

i mean if the numbers are correct then the implications are staggering as it would be completely renewable energy

lets just wait and hope eh

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Stay skeptical but don't write this off. Ampenergo is the company with exclusive rights to market in the Americas.
edit on 7/21/2011 by pteridine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I have a good idea for Rossi. Instead of blowing steam into a bucket, why doesn't he actually power something with it.... or even heat something with it, since it's generating heat and all....

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Here is an interesting video, 1.8g/hour of steam through a garden hose.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Rossi's incredible device that produces less steam @700(odd) watts than my kettle can produce at 400watts.

Uber fail.

One thing I am really interested to know is, why does Rossi perform his calculations in SI units but pulls out calories at the the end instead of joules?

This guy is yanking the chains of fools the world over.

Its no wonder that he refuses to allow his device to be peer reviewed and won't allow its "11 secret herbs and spices" to be known by anyone except himself. People might find out that he runs on pure BS.

Thanks Boncho, as always, another classic post. Keep up the good work.

To Add ......S&F for making my day
edit on 21/7/2011 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by pteridine

Stay skeptical but don't write this off. Ampenergo is the company with exclusive rights to market in the Americas.

No, write it off. Unless Rossi is going to offer this up for peer review...I say....

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I've been keeping an eye out for this story since I heard about it several months ago. Supposedly they were going to do a demonstration in Florida during the summer.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I've been following this on another thread and it appears the technology has been presented to two universities in Europe and has passed their review. I'm no expert on this, I just hope it can lower my electrical bill.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tippys Dad
I've been following this on another thread and it appears the technology has been presented to two universities in Europe and has passed their review. I'm no expert on this, I just hope it can lower my electrical bill.

Got a link?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Here is an interesting video, 1.8g/hour of steam through a garden hose.
Yeah and there wasn't that much coming out of Rossi's e-cat, was there? He claimed it was just hard to see in the video, but I could see it just fine. It seemed like not enough steam for 7L/hr

One controlled part of the test that would be needed is to measure how much liquid water comes out the end of that hose. He admits there is some and calls it "condensation", but how do we know that some liquid water isn't also getting gurgled through that hose too? You would need to put a bucket at the other end of the hose and collect all the water that comes out, and subtract that from the 7 liters of water in. If he's got 7 liters per hour going in, and 6 liters per water coming out, he's only steaming 1 liter per hour which is less than unity. But he doesn't show in that video that he knows how much water is coming out.

Originally posted by OccamAssassin
Rossi's incredible device that produces less steam @700(odd) watts than my kettle can produce at 400watts.

Uber fail.
I share your concern. It doesn't look like there's 5000 watts worth of steam coming out the end of that hose to me. It looks much closer to the amount you might get from 3.4 amps at 220 V.

Originally posted by boncho
I have a good idea for Rossi. Instead of blowing steam into a bucket, why doesn't he actually power something with it.... or even heat something with it, since it's generating heat and all....

The NASA scientists who test overunity claims have a preliminary test that they require. You have to power something with your contraption. They have a good reason for doing that. It makes it a lot harder to hide or misunderstand what is really going on with the output.

Since he's not powering anything, nor even collecting the "condensed water" as he calls it, we really don't know what the output is.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tippys Dad

It has not been peer-reviewed. Feel free to check out the threads on my sig.

new topics

top topics

join