It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demonic Possession and/or Summoning Entities simply by reading?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi
John Todd, former occultist and illuminati insider, said that even owning such writings is enough to invite negative entities.

This "Illuminati insider" is simply trying to scare people into not "owning" knowledge.

If you read it aloud, yes, you can invoke things. Same as if you sing along to some of the music that is released these days.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Well, it all depends on which sections of these works you read.
You can read all of it silently.
But if you read the invocations out loud, you will be heard.

Since you don't seem to be fearful, greedy or disrespectful, you won't have any problems.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

If you believe that writings can in fact "be" satanic or demonic by themselves, then I would advise you to stay clear of anything you might consider harmful.

It is my belief that it is your own mind that gives objects or writings the qualities you believe they have.

Take for instance the case of my grandmother, who insisted I not being a Ouija board to her house when I was young. She said they were evil and didn't want that around her house. Of course she's Catholic, and that's where the belief stems from.

It's all in what you believe. I believe a Ouija board is an overpriced piece of cardboard, or a good giant coaster for drinks.

Beliefs can be easily passed down. Think of what someone unable to read would think of such things you want to read. Well, they have no idea what it means. Someone has to tell that person, and usually it isn't in a dry "this is what it is." It is usually with a judgement placed on it, a bias. We all have them. Try to ask someone what a bible or koran is without getting their opinion on whether it is good or bad.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

I'm not sure if John Todd is fear-mongering or sounding a legit warning. I mainly mentioned him just to illustrate the extent of some of the anti-occultist's warnings. You are correct about the many messages in music, and its effect on our behavior and emotions.

reply to post by CodyOutlaw

Thanks for the confidence of my intentions. I'll be sure to not utter any of the incantations, spells, or summonings aloud.

I am just wondering if reading silently still would cause any entities to come forward. I may read silently, but my thoughts may vibrate out telepathically. Just wondering.

reply to post by daynight42

Personally, I do not believe books to hold any power alone. I have Qur'ans and Bibles but angels don't come flying through my house

My concern is in reading aloud without intention to attract unwanted entities... would it still summon them? If I read silently, will the words of my thoughts reverberate out telepathically and cause entities to manifest?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

My concern is in reading aloud without intention to attract unwanted entities... would it still summon them? If I read silently, will the words of my thoughts reverberate out telepathically and cause entities to manifest?

Well, from my perspective, when you say "entities," you appear to be (by using the word) admitting that you believe in "them." Then you say the words "summon them," which appears to indicate that you believe that 'that' is possible.

So, all that is missing if for your mind to come up with reasons to believe they have. Those can range from anything you allow yourself to believe. Let's say you forget the books, then a series of strange things happen. You pass it off. THEN, let's say you read the books aloud, then a series of strange things happen. Your mind may (falsely?) connect the two.

Bottom line is that if you fear things, they will begin to manifest themselves in your life. The same is true if you concentrate on other, healthy emotions.

I hope this makes sense because I cannot break it down much further without feeling I'm not getting anywhere.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
To get possessed or to summon is a different things. To get possessed, one must have "opening" inside, and there is lots of level of it.
"Opening" can be happen cuz a person born and stay like that, any kind of meditating or breathing technique including martial art technique, someone or something open it, and from traumatized, either from bad accident or got very-very scared at one time.

To summon mean to invite something, either this thing already had agreement with u in any way, read the"invitation" from specific entity, calling and offering something that an or some entity likes, and for some people can be just they wanna know who the entity in an area or just to challenge it.

Summoning is just one step, what you want to do after that is a different matter. Cuz you meditate and already have contact with this kind of entity, that mean you are possible to get possessed.
Reading about something demonic, satanic or occult mostly wont invite those things, unless what you read is the code to calling them, and it usually not look like a code at all. From outsider the occult, it will depends on where you are. If you are not around their area, they wont come, even if they are coming, it usually a low level scout entity. But without agreement like joining occult for teaching or ask something else, the most you will get only the clone one.

To know those entity just the same with human kind. The bad one might the one who called demonic. To understand them just exactly how to understand a bad person. But get involve with these things can be dangerous. Mostly they have a bad tempered, and easily to attack, and so manipulative and deceiving. Study about them is not something impossible as long as you already have some defends and attack skill and power.
When dealing with this things, the bad one, usually they get tempered cuz they read your mind and find you are kind of challenging them, like not believe their power or want to test their power with yours.

So i think if you really just want to know without want to test them, you will be safe enough, as long as you are polite enough without thinking they are lower or higher than you.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Isn't demonic possession just mental illness with religious overtones?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by LemmyKautionu

I think "Mental Illness" is what they call it when they have no other explanation for it. The medical field is good like that. If there's no diagnosis they don't get paid and they'd never consider a paranormal diag!

There is a pill for everything these days, even demonic possession
medicated America!
edit on 22-7-2011 by Skorpiogurl because: none

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I own many books devoted to the Left Hand Path, and my home is very happy and welcoming to visitors and family alike. I do not claim to ever try to conjure up anything, as there is no need to, but I read the works and think on them. Owning something like a book, or even reading it would never be enough to invite anything in IMO.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I’m no professional and everything I’ve written below is my personal opinion on the subject…

I believe that in order to invite entities, demons, ghosts, etc. into your home or your life you have to be willing and open minded to it. A mere interest, reading or thinking does not constitute an open invitation.

Too many horror flicks out there where some kids will play with a Ouija Board because they think it’s cool and they accidentally open a door to the other side… ugh.

Most people I know that engage in the art and practice of the occult are people who were looking for it in the first place. I’ll go further and say that those individuals or groups who I know, that are practicing occultists, were looking for a way out of their situations… typically bad situations. They needed to find some sort of comfort, a sense of power and control over things and chose to go with the occult. A weak mind can be easily influenced.

I think with an open heart, open mind and a desire for such things anything is possible.

My attitude about it, yeah sure, I’m interested in the occult, witchcraft, magic and all that too. But I don’t take it very seriously and I certainly don't play with it. It's powerful stuff and easy to become consumed, overwhelmed and ultimately drawn into it by its mystery.

Good discussion

Thanks

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by MentorsRiddle
The human condition is that of free will - you can choose what you want in your life and don't want.

Simply be realizing that we are stronger than these forces allows us to be.

You must invite them in.... You must choose it.

Reading or owning information alone is not enough.

However, why would you want to own or read such works? They are only tools to make you weaker. They are designed in very idea to make you lose your faith...

As a student of the Occult Teachings, I totally agree with you MentorsRiddle. Reading books does not a thing but educate one, it does not invite inferior spirits into your body. That sounds like something religion made up. The Study of the Occult makes one strong in spirit, and places one at a much higher frequency that these inferiors are. And another thing, they can only "possess" one, (bad terminology, it is more like a working relationship.) if one desire it to be, and makes invitation to the inferior. I would say that Catholics and other Christians get "possessed" because of their strong belief that these spirits, called demons in religious circles, and their constant preaching about, and talking about them. And, of course, their lack of knowledge on how to protect themselves.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Our human perceptions only allow us to experience a small fraction of reality. There exists many frequencies of sound and energy that can not be directly observed by humans, but can be detected by other animals and technological instruments. This is the best evidence I have for the world of 'unseen entities' outside of my personal experiences.

Our thoughts are extremely powerful, for they are the spring from which our words and actions emerge.

By the action of simply reading satanic, demonic, or occult writings either silently or aloud, is this enough to open doors for possession or the summoning of 'unseen' entities?

John Todd, former occultist and illuminati insider, said that even owning such writings is enough to invite negative entities.

Can I read the writings of Aleister Crowley, Anton Lavey, or subjects such as Enochian and/or Black Magic, and other occult works without invoking entities?

I do not fear demons or ghosts, for I have strength in Love. However, I do not wish to invite any entities into my home unnecessarily or cause negative situations for my family.

What are the possible 'negative' effects of reading and owning occult writings, and what are precautions I should take? Thanks in advance, and may Peace be upon us all.

I do beleive it is possible to either invoke or attract negative entities simply through reading. My only personal proof is as a child, I would have night terrors, vey ofte, but I noticed I would only have them when I read certain material that once belonged to my deceased grandfather. Apparently my mother knew this as well so she burned everything associated with it, never had them again since. Except a few evening ago, I was taking a nap. I didnt have a full fledge night terror like I did when I was a kid, but it seems like a quickshot of fear came over me, I woke up heart beating pretty fast.
Now, like you I am very confident, that I can read any material without causeing any problems, simply because I am fully aware of the protection of love I have from my creator. But like any source of energy on this planet, there is a balance of negative and positive frequencies that sometimes get out of sync. The last thing anyone should do is let fear consume them, that is when all hell breaks loose.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by LemmyKautionu
Isn't demonic possession just mental illness with religious overtones?

More like alien abduction coupled with psychic attacks and implants.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I've read a few books about the black arts to try and understand what it was all about. Every time I faced an incantation, I skipped it; I didn't want to take chances by "saying" an incantation without doing the ritual accompanying it since it is reported to be dangerous when only done in part.

So yes, I think it can be hazardous to read those things, much more if your spirit is weakened in any way, for any reasons.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Skorpiogurl

"I believe that in order to invite entities, demons, ghosts, etc. into your home or your life you have to be willing and open minded to it. A mere interest, reading or thinking does not constitute an open invitation."quote

As an author and a writer on the paranormal I fully understand your viewpoint. However, a debunker would say that what you're describing above is a self fulfilling prophecy!

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

read your literature in a church, and see what happens?
2nd

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Reading text doesn't supposedly evoke demons- that's what rituals are for. Its all about intent. You're supposed to show the demons that you are willing to cooperate otherwise they wouldn't want to waste their time with you.

And I think there might be some truth behind demonology, though I think ghosts and demons are fictional extensions of the same real phenomenon.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Lemmy: thanks for your comment and I agree... self fulfilling prophecy. If you want something bad enough it's bound to happen or like I said on a different thread, if you knock on the Devils door long enough sooner or later he'll open it.

Thanks for saying you understand my viewpoint, anyone who knows something about paranormal studies knows enough to keep an open mind to the impossible but not an open door policy

What's the difference, in your opinion, between having a willingness, openess and strong desire to invite these entities in and a self fulfilling prophecy? I mean we can convince ourselves of just about anything, talk ourselves into anything right? I am interested to read what you have to say about that.

I'm not here to debunk or be debunked, I'm just here for the wonder of it all...

Thanks

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
One thing that hasn't been mentioned that might be important is the degree of obsessiveness you have regarding reading up on a subject.

I don't think it's possible to invoke anything just by being a casual reader of any subject matter.

So long as you are a casual, curious reader, with no emotional attachment or investment in the subject matter I can't see it having any effect at all.

However, if you are obsessing about a subject you suspect could influence you negatively but you read up on as much as you can find about it anyway, and it takes up a disproportionate amount of your time and energy, then perhaps it can. Heck, I went through a phase a long time ago where I spent too much time reading up on violent notorious criminals and it was bad for my overall psyche, though I didn't make any connection at the time.

As for owning certain books - again, if they are just a few of many in a wide range of subjects on your shelf I can't see there being any effect at all. However if the majority of your books are on one subject matter than that is another matter, but then it's a matter of which came first - the books themselves or what drove you to acquire them?

And as others have mentioned, if you believe deep down that reading certain things may be harmful to you, then just don't read them, as you would possibly be creating self-fulfilling prophesy.

As for bringing out entities that would effect others - the only way I could see that being possible is via whatever thoughts YOU have about them and are directing towards them already. If you have any unconscious hostility towards them, that would be the cause, not anything you read, but if you love and care for them and feel harmonious around them, then you have nothing to be worried about.

Just my two cents after 40-odd years on this planet

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skorpiogurl

Lemmy: thanks for your comment and I agree... self fulfilling prophecy. If you want something bad enough it's bound to happen or like I said on a different thread, if you knock on the Devils door long enough sooner or later he'll open it.

Thanks for saying you understand my viewpoint, anyone who knows something about paranormal studies knows enough to keep an open mind to the impossible but not an open door policy

What's the difference, in your opinion, between having a willingness, openess and strong desire to invite these entities in and a self fulfilling prophecy? I mean we can convince ourselves of just about anything, talk ourselves into anything right? I am interested to read what you have to say about that.

I'm not here to debunk or be debunked, I'm just here for the wonder of it all...

Thanks

Thats a tough one. I've been present in a haunted house when the family and reporters see an apparition yet I can't. Is that because I'm closed off because I don't truly believe or is it because the witnesses are open to suggestion!? That's why I've tried to take the belief out of the subject. I rely on cameras and sound recording equipment, etc, to capture the phenomena and then present these interesting snippets to audiences and let them decide what it all means. If you said to me as a believer to a sceptic that you could interact with your spirits I would never dream of debunking your claims but I would ask if you could produce evidence under controlled conditions on film. If you couldn't would that mean you're a fake!? Of course not but it says to me that the paranormal happenings are reliant on the witnesses mind being free from the restraints of having to either believe or not... It seems that people who are free spirits are able to contact the free spirits. People like me who are bogged down by our efforts of trying to explain how it all works are some how disconnected from it, if you get my meaning. As you say- "the wonder of it all!"

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join