It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive UFO disclosure in USA : A challenge for ATS

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
Funny how the myth continues that astronomers have never seen UFOs and here we are in the early '50s with unknowns being sighted by astronomers. Clyde Tombaugh saw them and Sturrock's report numbered 62 astronomers out of 1356 respondents who claimed to have seen 'unknowns' that were beyond their understanding.

Hi Kandinsky,

Many thanks for those helpful additions and comments.

Regarding the myths regarding astronomers and UFOs, I assume you've seen Hynek's report in the Project Bluebook files on discussions he had with astronomers regarding UFOs:

www.footnote.com...

Incidentally, I'm currently slightly torn between typing up my notes and thoughts on UFOs and astronomers or those on UFOs and celebrities. But one thing at a time... Let's see if the Bluebook documents can be downloaded first.

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
just curious how long did it take you to compile all that info? s+f now the only thing needed is obama himself to give a press conference (something he seems to love doing) and say once and for all

"WE ARE NOT ALONE, WE HAVE NEVER BEEN ALONE, AND NOW MORE ARE COMING"

that would truly make my day, but I doubt if that will ever happen ................................we live on prison planet earth
and I am inmate gaurdian2012 rattling my cage

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

WOW! I have read about half so far and wanted to stop as I had to catch my breath for a moment. I am truly excited in regards to ALL the material you have presented.

Before i was on the fence because I was only aware of cookoo websites that didn't really reach me in a way that you just did. I knew/KNOW we are not alone in the Universe but I have never seen one myself and never actually had the "proof" I was looking for.

To me.....this is more than proof and now.....I need to rethink my position. Now that I see others, MANY others who are not ordinary civilians but men in Uniform chasing after these entities....WOW....

I have so much going on in my mind. Obviously if "they" were a threat we would all be dead by now..... but now.....I am going to have to figure out the answer to that question. Are "they" a threat to us?

I wish I could buy you a beer or something....this deserves more than a star and flag my friend!!! Way to go and thank YOU SO MUCH for the information.

Peace and love to you and yours!!!!! xoxoxox

Jenn

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Awesome IsaacKoi.

Here is one more case from Brazil to add:

Hostile UFO Encounters: Colares, 1977

Here is the interview:

A brazilian Colonel reports everything about the "Operation Saucer" (or Operation Plate) that took place in the Amazon Area in 1977. The Disclosure happened in 1997. Some few weeks later Cel. Hollanda was found hanged at his own bed. It's said it was a suicide but the doubts will ever remain.
This is NOT a "TV Version" or a "Simulation". This is HIS actual report.
For the very first time in the WEB the True Report about the Operation Saucer, through a high level Patent Military Authority, subtitled in english

Video

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

IsaacKoi- Thanks for the studious retrieval of UFO archival history. To bad the U.S. Defense Dept. is not releasing any information on recent confrontations with other-worldy craft and there occupants.

Coast to Coast Radio had a ufologist on last week. I forgot his name, but he sounded like he had an Irish or Scottish accent.

The guest claimed that Edward Ruppelt, the author of the book- The Report On Unidentified Flying Objects, was forced by the United States Air Force, too recant his conclusion in the first edition: That some of these UFO sighting's was an intelligent technology; from not of this Earth. This recant was posted in the second edition.

Furthermore, the guest claimed that Edward Ruppelt was murdered, hinting that the motive was payback on the excellent book that he wrote.

The press wrote, the guest claimed, that Edward Rupplet, died of a heart attack at age 35.

Have you heard any stories yourself, that Edward Rupplet was murdered?

Thanks,

Erno86
edit on 21-7-2011 by Erno86 because: typo

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Sadly still there's not one shred of evidence of alien life, not 1 un-bunkable video/photo. Why is that? Because aliens life will never be proven true or false, they will always remain an obscure mystery. A little knowledge of Biblical history will tell you simply that these are demonic entities and that's a proven fact.

People get so emotionally attached to the ufo theory and they fool themselves into believing it. But when you really think rationally about it and feed yourself knowledge from a Biblical standpoint and science standpoint and other stand points it all falls back to 1 thing.... which is to make people loose faith in God.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by samaka

Please stay away from this thread and the Aliens & UFO's. Believe what ever you want, you can't change the fact that demons and angels are E.Ts.

"Demons are a proven fact" <

edit on 21-7-2011 by HazyChestNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erno86
Coast to Coast Radio had a ufologist on last week. I forgot his name, but he sounded like he had an Irish or Scottish accent.

The guest claimed that Edward Ruppelt, the author of the book- The Report On Unidentified Flying Objects, was forced by the United States Air Force, too recant his conclusion in the first edition, that some of these UFO sighting's was an intelligent technology; from not of this Earth. This recant was posted in the second edition.

Furthermore, the guest claimed that Edward Ruppelt was murdered, hinting that the motive was payback on the excellent book that he wrote.

I've heard claims that Edward Ruppelt was murdered, but never heard ANY real evidence in support of those allegations.

There is a definite change in the tone of the two editions of his book.

As you may know, the new version, with three new chapters at the end (Chapters 18, 19, 20) basically reaches a skeptical conclusion. The first edition was more market-friendly, in that fairly pro-UFO.

Perhaps he simply adopted one angle (fairly pro-UFO) when writing the first book since this is the best marketing angle, but felt a bit guilty later or felt he was being misportrayed?

Or (as some authors have suggested) he may have simply been fed up with the lack of progress and/or contactees making wild claims (e.g. Adamski). The latter are discussed at some length in his newer edition.

Quite a few pro-UFO websites contain copies of, or quote from, the original version of the book.

You will hear less about the revised edition...

The revised edition (published in 1959 or 1960) can in fact be found online, e.g. at:
www.gutenberg.org...

While many UFO websites contain apparently supportive quotations by Ruppelt, I don't think many UFO websites include quotes such as the following one from Ruppelt's revised edition:

During the past four years the most frequent question I've been asked is: "What do you personally think? Do unidentified flying objects exist, or don't they?"

I'm positive they don't.

I was very skeptical when I finished my tour of active duty with the
Air Force and left Project Blue Book in 1953, but now I'm convinced.
(Ruppelt - Chapter 20 of revised edition)

That version concludes by referring to ufos as:

our Space Age Myth
(Ruppelt - Chapter 20 of revised edition)

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by gaurdian2012
just curious how long did it take you to compile all that info?

Well, let's just say I've spent longer compiling information on UFOs (including cross-referencing about 1,000 UFO books plus quite a few articles and documents) than I'd like to have to justify on a cost/benefit analysis...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by samaka

Maybe your God, but not my Gaod.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by samaka

I bet your one of those kind of people that think airliners at 32000ft are demons to huh? The dark ages ended along time ago, the Earth is not flat, and we revolve around the sun, and women can vote and hold the same jobs men can do, and we call them scientists now not witches.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
S&F

Hope this stays a hot topic till every bit of info is read, dissected and reported on here !

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Outstanding work, I'm going to need a good month to get through this thread, good stuff.
Thankyou

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
There is no doubt that it would be a good idea to backup and/or mirror this site. I've spent some time on the Blue Book documents myself here at ATS as a Document Archivist. As a librarian I know that this massive amount of material is quite useless unless it is properly classified (in the sense of organization, nor in the sense of security) and retrievable via many different methods. We've seen some methods here already to scrape the documents off that site (thus overloading their servers, slowing them down, and likely angering the hosts), but as I believe has been stated, hundreds of thousands of documents sitting on a hard drive is just the start of the work. Until they are both organized and easily available, you've got a real mess on your hands.

And it begs several questions.

First, I'm pretty certain the resulting "quagmire on a disk" will be full of thousands upon thousands of documents that say something like, "Two B-29 crews saw a fast-moving object traveling in a northeasterly direction the night of July 21st." In going through the Blue Book items, the amount of information per report is even less. Most of them are of the "I saw a light in the sky!" variety. There certainly is a lot of information, but it's not quality information. In fact, it's very tedious. So my question is, what is going through this stuff going to do for us? Is the idea to look for some sort of smoking gun memo ala Twining? Is this a search and recover mission more than an attempt at preservation? And might you not want ALL the documents at all given the lack of information in most of them?

Secondly, as I alluded to above, the bigger problem is presentation. If we're to go from an organized searchable database to an unorganized unsearchable collection of material, we've lost the most important part of the archive. The question here is, how are we going to preserve any sense of presentability to the data?

Thirdly, athough grabbing that stuff is certainly reducing the risk of its demise, what good is it sitting on a hard drive? Unless we can make this stuff easily available, it's not disclosed at all. Who knows how large a file it is in total, but my guess is it would take several DVD-sized discs to store it all. That means going into production to some extent, setting up a distribution mechanism so people can procur a set for themselves.

In the final analysis it seems to me that the best place for this stuff is an easily accessible, searchable location that requires the least work. In other words, a web site. And, of course, it's already there. So if the idea is to make a better site than the one it is on now, that means a very different project and skill set than the idea of grabbing that stuff off of the existing site. So I think some clarification of intent is necessary here. What is the end result you would like to see and how will that help?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Sir, this is one of the OPs with the most epic proportions I've ever seen...!!! My sincere admiration, and star and flag for you!

Having just returned from work and being very tired, I'm still able to realize, that the creation of this thread afforded a whole lot of work, but also, that this thread and the information it provides, will bring back much needed sobriety to the field of Ufology, while it also will help on Ufology itself by adding to the majority of UFO-researchers widely unknown source material that might bring a new light to the mystery behind the UFO-phenomenon.

Thanks a lot for your hard work, and may it bear fruits!

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by WideAwakeNow
Outstanding work, I'm going to need a good month to get through this thread, good stuff.
Thankyou

A month?
I have been at this for years and thought 6000 plus documents I haven't got cataloged yet was a lot. Good luck with that 6 months

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by samaka
Sadly still there's not one shred of evidence of alien life, not 1 un-bunkable video/photo. Why is that? Because aliens life will never be proven true or false, they will always remain an obscure mystery. A little knowledge of Biblical history will tell you simply that these are demonic entities and that's a proven fact.

People get so emotionally attached to the ufo theory and they fool themselves into believing it. But when you really think rationally about it and feed yourself knowledge from a Biblical standpoint and science standpoint and other stand points it all falls back to 1 thing.... which is to make people loose faith in God.

So with God's ability to create man from nothing and Eve from man's rib, you actually believe that he found us to be the perfect creation and did not create similar or dissimilar beings anywhere else on the hundreds of thousands of planets in "his" vast universe?

And if he did create other beings do you believe we were the first and thus the most advanced? If you do not believe God created anyone other than us, then you must ask yourself why he created such a vast universe (because he could is not a fair or logical reason).

So....if we were not the first it is possible that the others may be much advanced spiritually, scientifically and technologically and may be visiting to ensure we don't get into trouble or worse still destroy ourselves and the universe along with us.

......just saying!
edit on 21-7-2011 by eNaR because: Spelling

edit on 21-7-2011 by eNaR because: Spelling

edit on 21-7-2011 by eNaR because: Selling again....cripes either I'm blind or a bad speller...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Thanks for this... I had not heard of the Footnote site. I have 6 terabytes on my server so I can download them but 129,000 will take several lifetimes to really do justice to them.

Once upon a time we had Clifford Stone releasing his FOIA papers here... then one day POOF he was gone... never found out why he fell out of favor

You are right... very few will actually take the time to read any of the documents. You can see that in threads they can't even read the dang thread past the first post. Many will say "great job... I will have to look at that" then forget all about it tomorrow.

What would be needed is a team... my team has made many attempts at cataloging files, but as you say, mundane time calls them away and many, when they find out the volume... kinda just disappear

I will start downloading them today... here is my list of documents already processed. The links don't all work as I store most of those off line, but this page is a mere fraction of what I have already. This list doesn't yet have all the recently released government files yet either but I have all the MoD files in storage. They are always free the first year they are released

www.thelivingmoon.com...

And now you go and drop 129,000 more on me

Thanks

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Yeah.....I am with the guy/girl who suggested creating a better web site with all the information you have compiled thus far. I am sure it will not only be lucrative but we could all use a site that is obtainable for easy reading of said documents.

I am still sifting through all you have presented. I can't wait til tomorrow as I will have ALL DAY to read.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi
Well, there is one excuse for failing to go back to this source material : the sheer mass of material – combined with a fairly slow and unhelpful means of accessing it – means that it is a quite painful to look at these documents on the Footnote.com website.

I see what you mean... no nice PDF format and very slow loading a file you want through their viewer. That will take a long time to wade through

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join