It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please help me with this question about the federal reserve.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
So I was reading an article today (link at the bottom of this post) about how the federal reserve fined Wells Fargo $85 billion for forcing expensive loans on people who did not qualify. Obviously this is not shocking, all banks do this. It's commonplace unfortunately. Now my question is, where does this $85 billion go? Saying "it goes to the FED" is a very general statement. Does it go to the shareholders of the FED (aka the international bankers) or does it go somewhere else? ***NOTE MODS please move if this is in the wrong thread. Thanks!!

Article on FED fining Wells Fargo
edit on 21-7-2011 by seberhar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
The fed has printed up over 27 trillion since the economic collapse, so 85 billion is chicken feed. Most likely the bank was "fined" so the public thinks the SEC is doing their job. Wells fargo most likely received more than 85 billion in bail outs so this fine is still profitable for them.

The main bank though is Goldman Sachs so another reason is to skim the top off of Wells fargo and feed it to Sachs so they always maintain a slight lead.

The point is the money is not really going anywhere because it didn't exist in the first place. The bank can not spend depositor's money on a lawsuit their corporation received, and the banks, especially big banks like Wellsfargo, are always borrowing from the fed, so for the fed to fine the bank is like a mafia don fining his henchmen, the only reason to do this is because the mafia wants its cut.

You asked where does this go? The international bankers who own the fed, the 13 illuminati families.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Thanks man! Yea I understand that in the grand scene of things 85 billion isn't much. But it's still a lot of money. I'm having an debate with some of my friends and I wanted to see if anyone knew better than I did. I assumed it would just be funneled into future bailouts, probably of wachovia (formerly wells fargo).

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by seberhar

its probably just publicity
the fed is guilty of doing the same to us... and wells fargo lolol
so you will either never know, or be lied to about it

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
It was $85 million, not billion, not even a slap on the wrist. And when you figure that they played a big part of the predatory lending that led to the housing bubble and collapse, and the fleecing of retirement accounts and all the collateral damage that occured as a result of this criminal activity, it really just makes you sick. There is nothing that can or will be done to bring the banks to justice. NOTHING.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Actually in 2010 I believe the Federal reserve gave the treasury about 600 to 800 billion in profit. I'd have to look up the exact numbers but they actually are one of the few government agencies that generates money from things like you posted.

Not gonna get into anything else about them as i'm not sure but I do know this part.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by isitoveryet

You obviously have not seen The International, yes some thing can be done, but the balls to do so are limited in number. People the world over need to wake up and rally together, against corrupt banking practices.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
the way banking and the federal reserve works is like this

you go to a bank to get a loan the bank calls up the federal reserve and get the loan.

the federal reserve charges the bank interest and the bank charges the borrower a fee.

heres the kicker

the loan doesnt exist it has no physical value the federal reserve and the banks both make money off of money that doesnt exist except in the electronic world and the person getting the loan gets what they want

dont forget wilson and the left created the greatest scam in american history and its legal.

me i dont beleive for one second the federal reserve did anything for "justice"

doesnt really matter how can the federal reserve be out anything since the money never existed in the first place

they make money literally either way if the borrower fails to make payments they have insurance or just "print" more cash.
edit on 21-7-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Isn't the federal reserve the one responsible for insuring the banks up to 100,000 which prevents runs on banks in times of crisis to prevent a repeat of what happened in the depression?

If they are is that not a good thing?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

This is a reply to everyone. I didn't mean to put billion i clearly was confused.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I had heard vaguely how the FED works but that is much clearer picture thank you. At first glance it makes me think "How the heck can people be ok about the way that system is set up?!?!" But then I think "Oh yea nobody realizes that how it ACTUALLY is" This isn't something that isn't taught to us in school growing up (shocker). It's sad that you have to go through so much trouble to find the truth...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by seberhar
So I was reading an article today (link at the bottom of this post) about how the federal reserve fined Wells Fargo $85 billion for forcing expensive loans on people who did not qualify. Obviously this is not shocking, all banks do this. It's commonplace unfortunately. Now my question is, where does this $85 billion go? Saying "it goes to the FED" is a very general statement. Does it go to the shareholders of the FED (aka the international bankers) or does it go somewhere else? ***NOTE MODS please move if this is in the wrong thread. Thanks!!

Article on FED fining Wells Fargo
edit on 21-7-2011 by seberhar because: (no reason given)

So the real question here is who gets the money the fed makes, you know, the 1-14 % interest on EVERY SINGLE DOLLAR ISSUED. Thats a good question. I think it goes to the shareholders of the fed, does it not?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

So the real question here is who gets the money the fed makes, you know, the 1-14 % interest on EVERY SINGLE DOLLAR ISSUED. Thats a good question. I think it goes to the shareholders of the fed, does it not?

No, 95% of profits go back to the U.S govt -- the other 5% are used for the federal reserves operating costs.
edit on 21-7-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join