It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Hackers Claim To Breach NATO Security.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

I stated facts. If they are not facts, disprove them. And how can I be in lockstep with the MSM and TPTB if they disaprove of and oppose Anon (as you also do), yet I don't?

Really, you're not doing yourself or your anti Anon campaign any favours with such poorly thought out attacks. So, carry on.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malcram

I stated facts. If they are not facts, disprove them. And how can I be in lockstep with the MSM and TPTB if they disaprove of and oppose Anon (as you also do), yet I don't?

Really, you're not doing yourself or your anti Anon campaign any favours with such poorly thought out attacks. So, carry on.

The MSM promotes Anonomous by publishing their shinanigans and statements.
Anonomous promotes TPTB ie Big Brother agendas by making it easier to pass internet regulation laws and funding to programs such as HBGary and the huge army of government hackers. One in four of all hackers in the US are employed by the government in these programs to combat cyber terrorism, and do you expect the ratio to be different among the hackers in Anonymous?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

You keep switching issues. OK.

The MSM does not, IMO, disproportionately report on Anons activities. I don't see any indication that they are trying to promote Anon, for whatever purpose, such as to create a convenient 'Bogeyman'. They report on Anon when Anon does something newsworthy. Thats all I have observed.

As for supposedly making it easier for TPTB to implement internet regulation, that was always coming anyway. They made that clear before Anon came about. ANY resistance to TPTB that is in any way successful will instigate them to impose tighter controls. So what do we do, nothing? Not resist, because they might react in a more authoritarian way? That leads to impotence and paranoid paralysis.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcram

do you think its a PR failure by anon that they generate a lot of negative feedback?. I see alot of negative stuff in comments left on stories about them.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malcram

You keep switching issues. OK.

The MSM does not, IMO, disproportionately report on Anons activities. I don't see any indication that they are trying to promote Anon, for whatever purpose, such as to create a convenient 'Bogeyman'. They report on Anon when Anon does something newsworthy. Thats all I have observed.

As for supposedly making it easier for TPTB to implement internet regulation, that was always coming anyway. They made that clear before Anon came about. ANY resistance to TPTB that is in any way successful will instigate them to impose tighter controls. So what do we do, nothing? Not resist, because they might react in a more authoritarian way? That leads to impotence and paranoid paralysis.

They have done nothing to fight TPTB.
They release info to the public of the existance of HBGary, which ensures its funding.
They attack Sony, PayPal and MasterCard only to obtain private individuals identity information.
They pop into unsecured servers and publish documents that are not even important enough to secure or shred.
They deface unprotected greeting web pages of govt agencies like the FBI or CIA just to get their name in the news.
They steal the email passwords to service men and women, what exactly did that do against TPTB?

Your argument that they are fighting the TPTB is devoid of evidence, their actions are seriously lacking any meat and potatos for your argument to hold any water.

edit on 24-7-2011 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
what we did

en.wikipedia.org...

www.infosecisland.com...

Bank of America

www.businessinsider.com...

India anti corruption

thisisnotmycountry-ijustlivehere.blogspot.com...

Operation Intifada

liveword.ca...

Operation Antisec

arstechnica.com...

Operation egypt and Tunisia Arab spring

xpertunisia.wordpress.com...

Wisconsin Protest

www.politicususa.com...

Operation Malaysia

On June 15, 2011, the group launched attacks on ninety-one websites of the Malaysian government in response to the blocking of websites like Wikileaks and The Pirate Bay within the country, which the group labels censorship of a basic human right to information.[167]
Operation Orlando

On June 20, 2011, members of the group took down the websites of the Orlando, Florida Chamber of Commerce and inserted a message into the website of the Universal Orlando Resort requesting that users "boycott Orlando". The group did so in response to the arrests of members of Food Not Bombs for feeding the homeless in Lake Eola Park against city ordinances.[168] The group had planned and announced the attack on their IRC channel.[169][170] The group has vowed to take a different Orlando-related website offline everyday, and have also targeted the re-election website of Orlando International Airport and of the Mayor of Orlando Buddy Dyer. A member of the group left a Guy Fawkes mask outside of the mayor's home; the police are treating the picture taken of the mask as a threat against the mayor.[171] On July 11, the group took down the website of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Orlando and the Rotary Club of Orlando.[172]

Now please, go buy yourself some education

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Prozium

some of those seem like good causes. But you missed out the ones that annoyed the public like sony ,nato, paypal etc The public impression is anon are bandits and need to be stopped. Is this a PR failure for anon?
edit on 24-7-2011 by yeti101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Axebo

They want the recognition? So assume I find some method to screw with TPTB without getting caught. I pass on the method to others but tell them to just do it but not to contact me, I will not contact them, None of us can expose another but we all know what we wish to do. We all know who the enemy is. And so thousands of people, INDEPENDENT OF EACH OTHER begin to practice this behavior.
Of the thousands will there be some who desire recognition? Probably. But there will also be some who desire pineapple/coconut ice cream. This means something?
To say some members want recognition is probably correct but to attribute that motivation to the entire movement is just being silly. If there are 10,000 people involved then there is a good chance there may be close to 10,000 slightly different motivations.
Also those who do crave recognition may not do so merely to satisfy their egos but because they realize this is one of the major ways to make the movement grow.
When people realize they do not have to 'find' Anon to join, that there is no panel that will accept or reject them, that all that is required is for them to decide 'I think I will become Anon too' and join in the struggle against TPTB and you begin to understand why it can not be stopped. If I decide to become Anon today there is not a single member of that group who can give me away. Only my own sloppy hacking can do that.
I think it is a perfect system. I think it is unstoppable.
Will sloppy hackers be arrested? Probably, resulting in survival of the fittest. In time this cyber evolution will produce a group of only the finest and unstoppable hackers. When the wolves do not thin out the herd you end up with a weak and sickly herd. Resistance to Anon will force a cyber evolution that will produce very strong, heathy, and dangerous hackers.
TPTB can not survive without their secrets. It's over. It's done. Expect more hacker collectives to be born and evolve. They will breed like roaches and like roaches they will penetrate everywhere.
I can understand why so many are afraid of them

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Prozium

There is not a single thing in that list of so called accomplishments that amounts to a hill of beans.

I just did educate myself, I found that site by the Web Ninjas and it tells how that group totally owned Lulzsec which disbanded and is now AntiSec, the same group of beaten puppies as the word in your avatar.
Apparently all the leaders were named and arrested.
This is what Anonymous fears most and why you see all the lieing propaganda they use about there being no leaders.
It will be easy to round these people up as demonstrated by Web Ninjas but IMO the govt won't do it until their usefulness is used up.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

No, I dont think its a PR failure by Anon, as such. I think the reaction by some is inevitable, as I said earlier. I also think Anon know this and dont really care. Nor should they. There is no point wasting energy trying to please everyone when a significant number of the population are still presently 'dumbed down', complacent, pessimistic, (pre)judgmental, apathetic or just hate any inconvenience to their comfortable lives.

A global revolution is coming. It will piss a lot of people off, and not just TPTB.

But its coming all the same.
edit on 24-7-2011 by Malcram because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Oh Dear me, i been arrested ?

Thank you for the news

Whatever, im maybe full of s**t or not, nones can say it

We're disbanded ?

Oh really?

You should try to think for a moment and ask yourself if maybe, i say maybe, the only sheep here is you ?

Disinfo is NOT unidirectional

It will be easy to round these people up as demonstrated by Web Ninjas

Apparently you're only demonstrating how gullible you are

edit on 24-7-2011 by Prozium because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
take a look here, people

www.murdochleaks.org...

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
there we strike again pals

sg.news.yahoo.com...

But we're only script kiddies...

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Prozium

heh that's pretty impressive . Its also quite scary for a citizen like me, could be me next

edit on 25-7-2011 by yeti101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
PS: Why they dont stop us yet, if we're only script kiddies ?

Is that so difficult to catch a bunch of kids, when you're the cyber police ?

Apparently Italy have some troubles with us

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

The Anonymous bitchslap rings through your ears like hacktivism movements of the 90s.

Can't help but chuckle, +1 for the official government correspondence.

I am on the fence about Anon. I've often wondered what they stand to gain from hacking into paypal/sony/other consumer websites. If they are looking to help "the people" its generally not in their best interest to compromise "the people"s private and financial information. That being said, I haven't heard of Anon abusing the information they have come across, at least not the information of your average Joe consumer.

I was impressed by the quote:

It would be irresponsible to release this information

To me this shows restraint, knowing which information is useful on humanitarian terms and which information just compromises the security of a given populace/country without any other benefits.

Who knows how serious Anon is. If they can get their hands on critical information regarding corruption, bribery, theft and mass manipulation; hell, you have to pull for the men and women. If they choose to seek fame and fortune over tangible and mutually beneficial results, screw them all. If they stick to their guns and go after truly useful and apocalyptic information, great. The ball is in their court, I'll reserve judgement until a later date.
edit on 25-7-2011 by ateuprto because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join