It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Niagara Regional Health: No Fire Evacuees, Please

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Niagara Regional Health: No Fire Evacuees, Please

indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com

Battling outbreaks of the Clostridium difficile (C. difficile) superbug in three hospitals, the Niagara Health System (NHS) has asked that its share of a potential 5,000 mostly First Nations wildfire refugees from up north be routed elsewhere.

A report from QMI Agency in the Niagara Falls Review says that St. Catharines and Fort Erie are among the Ontario cities that Emergency Management Ontario asked to host people displaced by more than 100 wildfires that are consuming half a million acre
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
The outbreak of this "superbug" in three hospitals has caused at least 24 deaths now officials are worried about bringing in wildfire refugees and exposing them to this virus making their problems all the worse..

This story is a companion piece to the fire story posted here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

and like that one I had no idea there a Superbug outbreak up there...

I did a quick search on what this bug is and found this answer posted on the Mayo Clinic's web site

Clostridium difficile (klos-TRID-e-uhm dif-uh-SEEL), often called C. difficile or C. diff, is a bacterium that can cause symptoms ranging from diarrhea to life-threatening inflammation of the colon. Illness from C. difficile most commonly affects older adults in hospitals or in long term care facilities and typically occurs after use of antibiotic medications.

edit on 21-7-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

S&F

Looks like a bad situation all round. That is some beautiful country that is getting burned, sort of near my old stomping grounds.

From the snippet about the superbug, it sounds like the normal bacteria in the gut keep it under control and only when the natural gut bacteria are killed off by antibiotics does it normally invade. Darn good reason to eat yogurt or some other "active culture" food with the medication.

My state NC has also had problems with Wildfire, I can smell it from my house. Sees a lot of the east coast is getting hit.

edit on 21-7-2011 by crimvelvet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

I'm 50 now and the older I get the worse antibiotics are to my tummy...
of course everyone has that same reaction but I guess us older folks just have a harder time getting that natural system back and running after antibiotics have killed off all the good bugs along with the bad...

Sucks getting old so take my advice and stay young forever..

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

I heard the best way to cure the disease is a fecal transplant. Disgusting but true

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I live in Fort Erie( Niagara Region (Near Buffalo)) On Lake Erie and I read in the Paper the Super-Bug has killed 23 people

The NHS has been screwed over by McGuinty and the Port Cobrone and Fort Erie Hospitals have been changed to Non-Emergency Facilities.

StCatharines Standard- Link - New Super Bug Hits Niagara Falls Hospital-

No new deaths were reported by the NHS Thursday. To date, 22 C. difficile patients have died during the outbreaks at St. Catharines General, Greater Niagara General and Welland hospitals. Twenty of those cases were outbreak patients, meaning they had hospital-acquired infections.

Since Niagara Health System and the Scum bags at LHIS (Local Health Intergration System)

Or in Lay-Mens terms We are taking away Emergency Services in Two Towns of Port-Corbrone(Population 20,000) and Fort Erie(Population 30,000) and stealing the emergency and medical equipment worth millions that was donated by local business over the 70-80+ years the Hospitals have been there.

So they shut down the emergency services in the two downs so now all people in south Niagara have to be ferried by ambulance to welland or Niagara falls Hospitals.

Since they can't even take care of their own People that is probably why the refused to take on refugees.

Link- Ontario Auditor General Says Rules on Health Consultants Still Not Followed.- Also Mentions 1 billion dollar Tax payers money wasted on Failed Electronic Health System Implementation

McCarter was asked to investigate the rest of the province's health-care sector following his special report into eHealth, which found the agency tasked with creating electronic health records spent $1 billion but produced little of lasting value.

Matthews was at a loss to explain why hospital CEOs, who earn between $500,000 and $750,000 a year, failed to learn anything from the scandal at eHealth. She asked McCarter if he thought any hospital executives should be fired, but he said no, added Matthews.

"The government of Ontario does not hire, and cannot fire, hospital CEOs," she said Read it on Global News: Ont. auditor general says rules on health consultants still not followed

So if it wasn't for the Corrupt Health Officials we probably wouldn't have this Super Bug In Ontario/Niagara.

And we would probably have enough room for some of the 5000 Refugees.

But it seems that they down-graded some of our hospitals and the Whole System is screwed up with too many corrupt Health Officials.

They failed to Implement an Electronic Health Data-Base With 1 billion Dollars... Sounds fishy to me.

1 Billion Dollars a lot of Money and i'm willing to bet that's why they down-graded our hospitals and 'stole' the Hospital Equipment from the Towns.

Video Of my Family Doctor being Arrested for Attempting to Stop Police (Thugs, Gestapo) And Government Officials from Stealing Millions Of Dollars (Donated By Local Businesses) That Purchased the Hospital Equipment Being Removed by the Government Thugs. After their Fat Cat Corrupt Health Officials Lost 1 billion Dollars and therefore had to shut down some hospitals Via LHIS(Local Health Integration System)

edit on 21-7-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare

The outbreak of this "superbug" in three hospitals has caused at least 24 deaths now officials are worried about bringing in wildfire refugees and exposing them to this virus making their problems all the worse..

This story is a companion piece to the fire story posted here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

and like that one I had no idea there a Superbug outbreak up there...

I did a quick search on what this bug is and found this answer posted on the Mayo Clinic's web site

Clostridium difficile (klos-TRID-e-uhm dif-uh-SEEL), often called C. difficile or C. diff, is a bacterium that can cause symptoms ranging from diarrhea to life-threatening inflammation of the colon. Illness from C. difficile most commonly affects older adults in hospitals or in long term care facilities and typically occurs after use of antibiotic medications.

edit on 21-7-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

super bug? is it STD related, like a strain of gonherreaha, cyphilus or herpes, cause i heard from friends that theres some super STD going around SW ontario.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TheUniverse

Dude...
now there is a conspiracy of epic proportions...
you should write a long lengthy thread on whats happening there...

don't know if it will help but maybe it'll get the ball rolling on some kind of investigations ...

Or at least informing the rest of the world what they are doing to their own people...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by stoptheinsanity2012

I'm not that medical guy so I don't really understand the diff...
I do remember a recent story about a supper strain of some STD but I believe this is not that virus, or whatever...

maybe one of the other more learned ATS members can clarify for us???
in laymens terms cause all those long funky latan names just makes my head hurt

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Oh Btw I think the Virus is actually inside the Hospitals and/or Originated there possibly and/or is just spreading inside them idk...

Link- Niagara Falls Review ' The System Let Him Down' Wife Says of Fort Erie C Diff Victim.

But its getting worse and they are covering it up.

I couldn't find many up -to date national papers on it but i got a few local papers on it around my area. I live in Niagara Region, (Fort Erie)

That was long before the first outbreak was declared May 28 in St. Catharines. Outbreaks in Welland and Niagara Falls were declared simultaneously on June 23 — and it was long before hospital staff stepped up cleaning protocols to combat the outbreaks.

Since the outbreaks began, 25 people have died.

In its official tally, the NHS states 24 patients have died because it does not include a community-acquired case in which the NHS says C. diff did not play a significant role.

ScienceDaily.Com- C Difficile.

The results have implications for infection control measures in the healthcare environment and open the door for the development of treatments and improved diagnosis of C. difficile.

At present, healthcare professionals manage the threat of C. difficile by observing stringent hygiene and isolation practices primarily by dealing with patients who exhibit the symptoms of infection - including diarrhoea and fever. But today's publication suggests that widening the targets of infection control in hospitals, to include all patients receiving antibiotic treatment - although logistically complex - is worth investigating.

"C. difficile is a highly resistant and highly infectious pathogen and resistant to many front line antibiotics," explains Dr Trevor Lawley, Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute researcher and lead author on the study. "Until now, animal studies have focussed on the observable, acute symptoms of C. difficile. But, to understand how this highly infectious pathogen spreads, investigating the entire cycle of transmission is absolutely vital. We looked at mice carrying C. difficile and observed that they shed low levels of spores and, crucially, they did not infect other mice."

edit on 21-7-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Thanks for the real news, tragic as it is.
Will be watching and listening extra now.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
McGuinty sucks but who is the alternative?

Hudak, scarily enough, would be 100 times worse; he's a complete nutjob and certainly not a repeat of Harris - all the garbage right-wing crank stuff and he'll be just as crony.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I live in the area being affected by the C Diff. outbreak and I hope to gawd I don't get sick and need some kind of medical assistance. In 2006, the hospital in Burlington, Joe Brant, had over 91 deaths. We use to joke that if you checked in, you better have an updated will.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by stoptheinsanity2012

No, the superbug is not STD. The STD outbreak in SW Ontario is good old-fashioned syphilis, (treated with regular antibiotics)

To bring it back to the original topic, I think it's fair and just for Niagara to point out that it's a less than desirable evacuation destination, under its current circumstances.

top topics

join