It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Are The Most Important Issues to be Addressed in This Election?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I want to post this up to get everyone's opinion. What do the people of ATS think the most important issues are of the 2012 election. Is it the war in Iraq? Is it the war in Afghanistan? Is it Terrorist attacks? Health Care? War on Drugs? The economy, perhaps? Or is it something I haven't mentioned? Please let me know what ATS thinks. My opinion is...... The war in general. Economy 2nd. Health Care 3rd. Terrorists attacks 4th. Drug war can't be won.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
First the President of the United States is SELECTED not elected.

Sure the citizens are fed a diet of BS through the MSM, convincing the morons that this candidate stands for this and that candidate stands for that. Actually brainwashing the citizens that there is a difference between the candidates and that the citizen actually has a voice. What a load of BS.

The Presidential Campaign is only a distraction, Dog & Pony Show. More Bread & Circus for the mob.

Wake-up, don’t allow yourself to be so manipulated.

Just the mechanics of the Electoral College removes the common man from the process.

Can YOU name anyone of your Appointed Electoral College members, do you even know how they are selected in your state, are the even required to cast their votes reflecting the popular election in your state, and this is Constitutional. This is our system and that’s OK, but don’t fall for the lie that you as the common man have any part whatsoever in the process. The closest part you have is your state legislators, they control how the Electoral College is applied in your state.

The other part of this is that no matter what the Candidate says in their campaign it is all a lie. No bigger liar that our President Obama. Just go on You tube and watch his campaign speeches again. Is this Change We can believe in ?

Bread and Circus anyone.

edit on 21-7-2011 by brokedown because: complete the post

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by brokedown

I agree that our president is chosen I have woken up believe me. I just like to get the people's opinion's of our biggest issues coming in the next election. I like to vote cuz I like to voice my opinion even if it doesn't matter. If you don't vote, your showing in my opinion... that you don't care who runs this country.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by brokedown
First the President of the United States is SELECTED not elected.

Definitely selected. (Not by the people/citizens but by the NWO/elites/Illuminati etc)

Voting does not and will not work especially ever since they changed to electronic voting. Its been proven and shown on mainstream media news how simple and easily voting machines can be rigged to change the outcome of votes.

Some issues that comes to mind right away.

STOP the Mexican illegal immigrations/border hopping. MUCH stricter laws please. Execution on site sounds good.

Pull our troops out of the middle east crying out loud. USA IS BROKE. NO MONEY. Whats the debt at right now? OVER 14 TRILLION. Mind your own business and stay in your own country crying out loud.

Get rid of all the useless federal depts, agencies. and programs asap.

The Department of Agriculture
The Department of Education
The Department of Health and Human Services
The Department of Housing and Urban Development
The Department of Labor

List
Heck get rid of all of them except for anything that is military related.

Get rid of these gov offices as well:

Treasurer of the United States
New York City Borough President
The Chancellor of the Smithsonian Institution
Director of the National Economic Council
Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
The notion that there is some specific message this time around or any time around is insulting and ridiculous.

The message, if we must call it that, should always be one of personal liberty.

Anything else is simply serving to perpetuate tyranny. Exactly what has been going on in the land of the free for over 200 years now.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
If we do not get our economy in order, every other issue is moot.

The best first step to that is to drive Obama out of town.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
1 - All military actions and basic foreign policy
2 - Subsidies to industries who make bank off of us (these are the true welfare cases)
3 - Federal government vs state sovereignty (decentralize or solidify)

All of this ties into why we are in debt so the "debt crisis" isn't really a singular issue.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DerrickKyle19

The way I understand it, if we were still on the gold standard these wars without funding would be impossible since the production of our currency would be anchored to our supply of gold. Therefore it would follow that if the Federal Reserve was abolished it would be much harder to wave the Field Marshall baton from the White House. Therefore abolishing the Federal Reserve Bank would be the number one issue in this election. By the same token 100% of Individual Federal Income Tax goes to the Fed. That means that all the money that hourly and salaried employees pay in Federal Income Tax goes to pay the interest on the money the Fed "lets' us print. For what? They haven't helped us once. If anything they have only and often made our lives difficult, which is the exact opposite of the rationale for why they were put in place. Therefore they are not doing there job. Not even poorly.

Ending of the Fed would also free up the money from Income Tax for other purposes, namely those purposes we all thought the money was going towards. But since the Federal Income Tax is based on a Constitutional Amendment (16th) which was not legally ratified, is not apportioned as the Constitution mandates, and has been ruled against no less than eight times by earlier US Supreme Courts, removal of this unconstitutional tax would free up an average of 35% of each workers income. Read 35% increase in the pay of those of us who are still employed.

Do you want a 35% increase in your pay? Would that not be much better and much more effective than an insulting $600.00 Stimulus package?

Second, I think the economic crisis would have to be next. Think about the fact that economic conditions began to decline before we went on our National killing spree. Since we are an all volunteer army this is important. They had to make military careers much more rewarding than staying home and they did this not by increasing soldier pay and benefits, but rather quite the opposite; they ruined all of our incomes and opportunities to save themselves money and and make military service more financially attractive. Not only that but the people who stole the money - and they still have it - are the ones that received the bailout money. See anything wrong with that?

Therefore if we fix the economy it will also make it harder for our White House to re-enact the colonial days of Kipling-era England, making waging war harder from another direction. So how should we fix the economy?

Solution: Default and don't pay the bankers.

Argentina defaulted and thrived, why can't we? What will the Chinese, Saudi and Banker debt holders do if we default? Nothing! We are too big to be allowed to fail. These guys hold so much of our debt that any reaction they could come up with would cut their own financial throat as well as ours. And anyway, we are already bleeding to death and headed for worse. What are we waiting for? To live in denial another day, or week, or month, or even year? What good is that going to do?

Third, we should end corporate lobbying once and for all. Thanks to NAFTA and GATT most large American corporations are no longer American, the are muti-national. Does it make any sense to anyone that corporations which do not even claim the US as their home are allowed to contribute as much as they like to election campaigns? (read; Bribe the snot out of the lawmakers) Can a Republic last in a climate like that? No it cannot, under those conditions we have officially become a Fascist country.

Unfortunately, I think that election fraud is going to sneak in and become the biggest issue whether we like it or not as secret provisional vote dumps and creative voting machine software have given those in power the ability to manipulate our vote any way they see fit. In the 2004 election over 3,000,000 votes of color (African-American, Latino, and Native American) votes were tossed in the dustbin of history, and almost no one knows a thing about it.

Itta

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
the only issue is getting rid of obama. not that i was a big fan of mccain, but i never liked obama, never considered voting for him, never considered anything he had to say as practical in real life. there are some people you just shouldn't trust...obama is one of them. once he's gone, then we can think about which entitlements are over rated. which agencies we can do without. how soon we can get our boys back home.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by lgdangit0
the only issue is getting rid of obama. not that i was a big fan of mccain, but i never liked obama, never considered voting for him, never considered anything he had to say as practical in real life. there are some people you just shouldn't trust...obama is one of them. once he's gone, then we can think about which entitlements are over rated. which agencies we can do without. how soon we can get our boys back home.

Only two GOP candidates would bring the troops home, if any other person is elected then it means we will be in the same (and more) wars by 2016... These last elections will really be a deciding factor in America's future I presume.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DerrickKyle19

1. Get rid of the Federal Reserve. Get rid of Fractional Reserve banking.

2. Make the Fed, a Private bank, responsible for its OWN debts.

3. Get rid of all "free trade agreements" WTO, NAFTA, CAFTA...

4. Get rid of the redundant Federal Bureaucracies.
USDA
FDA
EPA
and the rest. If it is not specified as part of the federal government in the Constitution it should be dealt with at the state level (Get rid of the blasted Commerce Clause crap)

5. Get rid of the Red Tape strangling small business.
he Institute for Justice released a series of studies documenting government-imposed barriers to entrepreneurship in eight cities. In every city studied, overwhelming regulations destroyed or crippled would-be businesses at a time when they are most needed.

6. Drastically reduce "welfare" to the able bodied. If you get rid of the red tape keeping people from being small business people you will not have so many on welfare. We need the mexican border fence built seems that is a good project...

7. Legalize Drugs, Prostitution and Gambling and tax the heck out of it. The government has no business invading personal decisions

8. Get rid of "Foreign Aid"

9. Get rid of H1B worker Visas. We have a real unemployment rate of about 20% hire AT HOME!

10. Deal with illegals and boot them out. We have legal immigration USE it.

11. Bring our troops home and patrol our borders.

12. Get rid of the Patriot Act and Grope-n-Fly

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
MORE:

Boot the United Nations all the way to China where it belongs.

Cut off all funding of the World Bank and IMF

Get rid of the K Street lobbyists. Receiving funds from foreign entities will be defined as treason. Contributions are allowed from individuals ONLY and go into a pool. All candidates get the same amount of money from the pool

Get rid of the Tax exempt status for ALL foundations and charities EXCEPT for churches.

NO government grants. Let people choose who they wish to give money to instead of stealing the money and having some idiot bureaucrat make the decision.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
above all else we need a new president!!

that said i believe as follows
1. The economy, we need to cut out all this aid junk we are sending all around the world and keep our finances here at home until we get our nation back on track then maybe we can think about assisting other nations that are only waiting to shoot us in the back
2. Terrorism we are hurting them and we need to stay on it and break them down as much as possible
3.Iraq war, we got saddam now they are making it clear they dont want us there so screw em and let em fend for themselves itll save us resources and money
4. Afghanistan war afghanistan and pakistan are still terrorist hot spots so we need to keep fighting
5 Immigration It is an issue that we need to deal with in time and this gos hand in hand with the war on drugs

thats where i stand as of now

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

Get rid of the Tax exempt status for ALL foundations and charities EXCEPT for churches.
1.charities give around 65% of their donations away
2 foundations give money to hospitals,charrities,scholarships, list goes on
3 churches give around 25% of their donations the rest goes to church leaders
and the mega churches make multi millions a year.........

top topics

join