It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman finds giant sinkhole underneath here bed!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
can you believe this i havent read yet but im about to.

news.yahoo.com...

if im in wrong spot please fix mods!
edit on 21-7-2011 by SpunGCake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Lol isn't it general practise to read the article to make sure its worth posting, before you make a new thread?

On topic, I don't know much about sink holes, but the hole in the second picture shows like the thread on a drill or something that had scraped against the side of the hole? Is this normal, or on par with other sink holes? Or is it possible this could have been a mine shaft or something caved in underneath her home? One of the comments suggests it may have been a well.
edit on 21-7-2011 by Lulzaroonie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SpunGCake

That is some crazy hole!
Looks like its a perfectly bored hole made by a large boring machine !

Scary stuff and I'm glad I live nowhere near where this happens!

It would be nice if you put some meat in your OP though as it helps one chose whether to open your link or not!
Ta!
edit on 21-7-2011 by zerozero00 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-7-2011 by zerozero00 because: cant spell

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

im not much of an expert on sinkholes either but i just found it to be creepy so i had to post it. and yes i should have read first but how would you like to wake up to a 40 foot deep hole under your bed i know i wouldnt.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by zerozero00

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, but the article says something about another almost perfectly cylindrical sink hole in guatemala city. I find it hard to believe, I guess I just need someone to reassure me that this how sinkholes open up...in a near perfect circle that goes straight down. I'm having trouble believing that for some reason. Now I've seen pics of this somewhere before but much bigger and outdoors, and thought....wtf would make a perfect tube like that? It's also bizarre the way it just comes through the floor like that....does the house not have any sort of foundation? I've stayed in places with dirt floors, so I suppose it might not...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by zerozero00

yeah i know this is like my third topic ive made so im still learning

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   

actually that might be pretty cool.....I'd make a thread about it and score like a million stars.
chuck ching!

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I find it strange how the tile has been perfectly bored through too. If it had fallen in, it would have left tiles behind, or taken tiles with it, not been scooped away in a perfect circle. To the left of the hole is a part of tile which looks like it may have been pushed up and broken off, before disappearing?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   

You can find a lot of sinkhole stories on Signs of the Times.

I don't consider it very significant, but it sure is creepy! Everyone assumes that most of these are natural voids in the near-surface soil or rock, but I sometimes wonder.

They can also be caused by pipes bursting and other water erosion scenarios.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by myselfaswell

yup story of my life a day late and a dollar short...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
i think the buzzworthy name "sink hole" is whats throwing everbods mental picture off; call it an "inner earth suction hole" then your mental picture starts to allow you to say ohhh ok thats how foundation and/or tiling looks as if it is cut; the width vs depth doesnt support an old well or mine collapse without force from above aiding not to mention it would probably sound like a 40 foot crash instead of explosion i bet what she heard was the "boom" of the suction popping as her foundation and floor was violently snatched

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
The photo of the sinkhole reminded me of Silent Hill 4...

Link
edit on 21-7-2011 by KatieVA because: (no reason given)

top topics

join